Quarterback Tony Romo's back injury is worse than anticipated.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He is going to be exposed to hits anyway. It doesn't matter if it's next week or the week after. He needs work more than he needs protection.
And just like Romo those hits need to come in the regular season.

And how is he going to get any meaningful work throwing to guys who most likely will not make the team or do you want all the starters playing exstended minutes?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It doesn't bother me whatever they say. Whatever happens will happen organically regardless.
It doesn't bother me per se, but it is another example of their absolute refusal to acknowledge that he's at the end of his career.

The signs have been there for about 3 years now, and yet these idiots kept going on about how he's gonna play for many years to come. This refusal to acknowledge even the remote possibility that injuries could derail his career is why we've been in a QB bind these last few seasons.

These guys just can't accept that Romo isn't going to live forever.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:art

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Good God what a fucking idiot. Some call that being a "competitor" but he is saying that shit to the wrong person.

He will be rolling on the field in a wheelchair and Jones will still believe he can continue to play at a high level.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good God what a fucking idiot. Some call that being a "competitor" but he is saying that shit to the wrong person.

He will be rolling on the field in a wheelchair and Jones will still believe he can continue to play at a high level.
Poor bastard is in denial himself.

He says it's not age or wear and tear and yet that is exactly what it is. The wear and tear is getting worse with age, and at 36, his body can't take it anymore.

I mean, does he really think suffering significant injuries in 3 of the last 4 seasons and missing games in every single one of the last four seasons is just bad luck?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Christ, the whole organization is infected with it... take a listen to this afternoon's episode of "Talkin Cowboys" (link below), the entire group is more or less discounting what the experts are saying and trying to figure out how soon he will be back on the field. They talked themselves into six weeks, so they're looking at the game against the Bengals in week 5 for his return... yeah, their defense isn't aggressive or anything, let's trot a recently "recovered" Romo out for that one. :picard

Then you have Dr. Spags making statements like "the vertebrae is not the spine"...

I almost feel sorry for Tony.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/08/27/talkin-cowboys-break-tony-romo-injury-reactions

data

Forbes #1
On the record, losses for Gameday chatter thread starters will not be recorded For the first four games. This exemption can be extended upon review after week 4.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
You were kidding right? Free agency? The landscape for the quarterback position is so abysmal right now that finding the next "franchise quarterback" is becoming a hopeless endevor... the 49ers have BOTH Christian Ponder and Blane Gabbert on their roster along with the guy they just paid to be their franchise guy not too long ago, and it is Ponder who looks to be their starter. The draft is not a much better option... the guys that went first and second, are not playing well or not playing at all.

Once Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, Manning, and Romo are gone, outside of Luck and Wilson... who looks to be the future of the NFL at that position?
Fair enough point, it's true that you can't really find any decent QBs in FA these days unless you get lucky with a 2nd or 3rd stringer who is sitting behind an entrenched starter. It's not impossible but not likely.

I just don't want to see this team stuck in a QB rut like it was for awhile after Aikman hung them up.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Oh FFS. I was younger than he is when I started having back problems and I wasn't playing pro football. If you're even marginally serious, just wait until you're in your fifties Antonio.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And just like Romo those hits need to come in the regular season.

And how is he going to get any meaningful work throwing to guys who most likely will not make the team or do you want all the starters playing exstended minutes?
He needs reps reading defenses and getting used to the speed of the game when they are scheming. He can practice throwing to the starter receivers but only in game conditions can he actually react to what is happening in front of him. It's my opinion and who knows what is the real issues are for his needs. Everything now is still up in the air as to what he will do in real time with schemed defenses.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He needs reps reading defenses and getting used to the speed of the game when they are scheming. He can practice throwing to the starter receivers but only in game conditions can he actually react to what is happening in front of him. It's my opinion and who knows what is the real issues are for his needs. Everything now is still up in the air as to what he will do in real time with schemed defenses.
He can get those same reps in a controlled practice setting wearing a red jersey.

We've already lost 2 QBs this preseason, I don't want to see them make it a trifecta.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He won't get that in the meaningless Texans game. I don't sit him completely but I treat him like what he is now, the starter.

The optimal scenario is getting their third QB and play them extensively along with Showers.

Top Bottom