Gosselin: Tony Romo's health is holding the Dallas Cowboys hostage

D

Deuce

If constantly being injured and eventually losing the job to a rookie is the worst thing that happens to him...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If constantly being injured and eventually losing the job to a rookie is the worst thing that happens to him...
Well played, my friend. Well played.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Wrong. Jerruh's GM'ng and philosophy of 1-800-Dial-A-QB holds the Cowboys hostage. Finding Romo's successor has been 2+ years overdue.
Jerry's been holding us hostage since he let Jimmy walk and he become full-time GM while hiring a slew of HC's who couldn't get that position with any other team in the league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The way his contract is mortgaged, he could easily be a dick and play Jerry's affinity to his advantage.

There is no way Jerry or Garrett cut him. Just won't happen.

So yeah, he is very capable of holding the organization hostage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way his contract is mortgaged, he could easily be a dick and play Jerry's affinity to his advantage.

So yeah, he is very capable of holding the organization hostage.
Why? If we can save money against the cap by cutting him as soon as next season, how is that holding us hostage?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Didn't you once tell us that there was no way that Jerry would ever cut DeMarcus Ware? That he was Jerry's "proof" that he was a football guy since he took him over Parcells and Spears?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Didn't you once tell us that there was no way that Jerry would ever cut DeMarcus Ware? That he was Jerry's "proof" that he was a football guy since he took him over Parcells and Spears?
Booze generally says whatever is the most negative thing you can say about Jerry or Garrett given the situation.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Booze generally says whatever is the most negative thing you can say about Jerry or Garrett given the situation.
Given the results we've gotten over the years I'd say booze is very justified in doing so.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you think for one second that Jones isn't married to Romo in a different way than Ware, I don't know what to tell you.

Ware was money.

This is like family fucking portrait shit territory.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If you think for one second that Jones isn't married to Romo in a different way than Ware, I don't know what to tell you.

Ware was money.

This is like family fucking portrait shit territory.
:lol

I'm pretty sure you even said the "If you think for one second..." line then, too.

And wasn't DeMarco Murray supposedly in this stupid family portrait thing, too?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

I'm pretty sure you even said the "If you think for one second..." line then, too.

And wasn't DeMarco Murray supposedly in this stupid family portrait thing, too?
Murray was just like Ware.

At Jerry's price.

There is no doubt that Romo's contract is one of the most heavily mortgaged ones ever.

Plus that Jones worships him beyond the money?

Yeah. Keep being the dumb ass who believes that Jones would cut him.

We all know that Jerry is so detached from emotion that he always makes the tough choice in favor or the team.

Jiggyfly

Banned

At Jerry's price.

There is no doubt that Romo's contract is one of the most heavily mortgaged ones ever.

We all know that Jerry is so detached from emotion that he always makes the tough choice in favor or the team.
That contract is the most heavily mortaged ever after this year they actually start saving money if he is cut.

The idea his contract is an impediment is false.

With that said I don't really see them cutting him before next offseason june 2018.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see Romo retiring this year if he gets a second serious injury.

The only way he gets cut is if Dak pulls a Russel Wilson.

p1_

DCC 4Life
touche brother. Karma is a bitch, Tones.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If Romo is a post-June 1 2017 cut,, that drops to $10.7 million of dead money in 2017 and $8.9 million of dead money in 2018. So you will have save $30 million (less than the planned $50 mil) over the two years.

If Romo is a "standard'' cut (or retirement) as a pre-June 1 move, all of the bonus rolls up into 2017, so his cap number goes from $24.7 million in 2017 to $19.6 million, with no dead money in 2018.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1700667-cap-hell-the-cowboys-cost-of-a-romo-goodbye

dallen

Senior Tech
If Romo is a post-June 1 2017 cut,, that drops to $10.7 million of dead money in 2017 and $8.9 million of dead money in 2018. So you will have save $30 million (less than the planned $50 mil) over the two years.

If Romo is a "standard'' cut (or retirement) as a pre-June 1 move, all of the bonus rolls up into 2017, so his cap number goes from $24.7 million in 2017 to $19.6 million, with no dead money in 2018.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1700667-cap-hell-the-cowboys-cost-of-a-romo-goodbye
I am impressed that the team has actually protected themselves against Romo's inevitable release. I and most people just assumed that he would be uncuttable

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

At Jerry's price.

Hey. You're the one that makes these claims at the moment, then conveniently has an excuse as to why it happened when it does.

"Jerry Jones will NOT cut DeMarcus Ware because blah, blah, blah..."

And you say that I"m the one that should keep being the dumbass? Ok.

Top Bottom