Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Cowboys v Seahawks | 08/25/16

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think there should be any controversy at all. Ride Romo as much as possible til he breaks down. Buy as much time as possible. Manage it as well as you can. It's not like he struggles when he's in there.

If/when Dak has to play, hope he's for real.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
In the backfield running out right at the LOS. He wasn't in the backfield. Thought we had covered that. Guess not.
He should have thrown it away instead of running for the LOS to start with...it's not that difficult to get

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really don't give a shit if Romo ever plays another game now.

I'm kinda excited to move on. Dak, Zeke, and Dez. Triplets.
I thought Dez sucked. You really need to work on your consistency.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't think there should be any controversy at all. Ride Romo as much as possible til he breaks down. Buy as much time as possible. Manage it as well as you can. It's not like he struggles when he's in there.

If/when Dak has to play, hope he's for real.
That's the way I look at it. He's still one of the best passers in the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the backfield running out right at the LOS. He wasn't in the backfield. Thought we had covered that. Guess not.
He slid a yard short of the line of scrimmage. That means he was in the backfield.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the way I look at it. He's still one of the best passers in the game.
Yep play Romo until he gets hurt again. But what if he misses 3 games and Dak wins all 3 with great numbers. Do you pull Dak in that situation?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Funny how he already has us spoiled. :lol

I don't love the YPA but it's against a very tough defense and it would have looked much better had Williams caught that one pass like he should have.

Cotton

Staff member
Let's tell Romo to throw the ball away every time he feels pressure, instead of doing what he has done his entire career escaping pressure to make a play. Makes perfect sense. :crazy

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's tell Romo to throw the ball away every time he feels pressure, instead of doing what he has done his entire career escaping pressure to make a play. Makes perfect sense. :crazy
Escaping pressure in order to slide and lose a yard? Um what? That's what Romo has been doing his whole career? Hell most of his career he has been diving forward on those runs. Which may be even scarier.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't love the YPA but it's against a very tough defense and it would have looked much better had Williams caught that one pass like he should have.
I'm not a big fan of TWill, but it looked like that pass was tipped. I could be wrong.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, he just wasn't able to complete any of his balls down the field and none of our receivers were able to break a tackle and get a big gain. It's a pretty minor complaint and getting big plays has not been a problem at all in the first two games. He really just barely missed the one to Williams as it is.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The only play he was making was scrambling to the LOS..where the ball would have been placed if he just threw it away :art

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That little play from Romo reminded me of Aikman getting clobbered by Arrington.

The fact that he immediately freaked out and reached for his back isn't good. It is just a matter of time.

Cotton

Staff member
Escaping pressure in order to slide and lose a yard? Um what? That's what Romo has been doing his whole career? Hell most of his career he has been diving forward on those runs. Which may be even scarier.
I don't think I have ever seen Romo dive forward once in his entire career.

Top Bottom