Quarterback Tony Romo's back injury is worse than anticipated.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

:lol
:lol

This reeks of denial and desperation from a player who's legitimately scared of losing his job.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Since the team most likely won't do the right thing, you just gotta hope his wife puts her foot down and tells him he shouldn't play for the sake of his kids.
Honestly, that's what needs to happen.

The guy needs to think about how he's going to feel in 10-15 years and how horrible he's going to feel every morning.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is Romo gets inserted back in.

Jerry loves him to death and Garrett treats him more like a buddy than a coach/player relationship. Because of those relationships, he gets a shot as soon as he's physically able to play.
Does it really matter? He will get hurt again anyway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"We've gotten a lot of different timetables for when he can return," Garrett said. "We also know that he's played with a broken bone in his back before, so there's no reason for me to stand up here and put a timetable on this. I think a lot of other people outside of this building have suggested they know what the timetable is. That's not the world we live in. We live in the world day by day, do what you can to get yourself better and we'll update you as we go."

Fuckin' Garrett. Really?

Hey, he's played with a broken bone in his back before.

Still won't push away from the Romo tit and be a real head coach.

Want to talk about people doing their job? Do yours. Quit being a co-dependent wimp.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Does it really matter? He will get hurt again anyway.
That's not the question.

The question was whether he would be brought back. If we're 5-3, I think he should be told to get his retirement in order, but that's not what's going to happen.

He will be handed the job as soon as he's ready to play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's not the question.

The question was whether he would be brought back. If we're 5-3, I think he should be told to get his retirement in order, but that's not what's going to happen.

He will be handed the job as soon as he's ready to play
You mean as soon as he says he is ready to play.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well, this could actually be a good thing. I'm excited to see what Dak can do.
Look, anyone that thought Romo was going to come into this season and lead the Cowboys to the SB is an idiot. I'm sorry, thats just a fact. He's injury prone, and the defense is not going to win us a game.

I'd rather see if Dak has anything to make it in this league, and if he doesn't, then it almost forces the Cowboys into a QB pick in what would be a top 10 pick next season.

Dak has the ability to run the ball, and that alone could win us a couple games just in itself.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He can get those same reps in a controlled practice setting wearing a red jersey.

We've already lost 2 QBs this preseason, I don't want to see them make it a trifecta.
You can't shield players from the contact of the game. A great deal of the team's injury problems are keeping players under wraps for fear of them getting injured. And guess what they get injured. I understand about preseason precautions but that is with ordinary circumstances. Getting a rookie ready to be the starter with only a game away from the starting line isn't ordinary circumstances. Inexperience is the biggest culprit for turnover mistakes at the QB position. I guess we will see.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You can't shield players from the contact of the game. A great deal of the team's injury problems are keeping players under wraps for fear of them getting injured. And guess what they get injured. I understand about preseason precautions but that is with ordinary circumstances. Getting a rookie ready to be the starter with only a game away from the starting line isn't ordinary circumstances. Inexperience is the biggest culprit for turnover mistakes at the QB position. I guess we will see.

Based on what exactly?

Name one injury that backs this up.

Who knew that if only Romo, Lee or Dez had played more they would have been more healthy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What does the experience get you? Do you think he will help Dak along? Because Romo will be here for that still. If he plays in a game it will be unwatchable. At least Mettenberger has a chance to be decent as a young QB who is still getting better.

The experience gets you experience. I happen to think an experienced veteran is vital for a young QB. True that Romo already provides that, but Romo will be off rehabbing while Dak is being tried by fire.

Mettenberg on the other hand is an inferior prospect who probably won't amount to much and provides very little by way of experience that Dak could pick at.

I wouldn't thumb my nose at mettenberg btw because we need *somebody*, but I strongly prefer Sanchez if we want someone who we don't want to play anyway.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
"We've gotten a lot of different timetables for when he can return," Garrett said. "We also know that he's played with a broken bone in his back before, so there's no reason for me to stand up here and put a timetable on this. I think a lot of other people outside of this building have suggested they know what the timetable is. That's not the world we live in. We live in the world day by day, do what you can to get yourself better and we'll update you as we go."

Fuckin' Garrett. Really?

Hey, he's played with a broken bone in his back before.

Still won't push away from the Romo tit and be a real head coach.

Want to talk about people doing their job? Do yours. Quit being a co-dependent wimp.
I agree and it reeks of the bullshit from last year when he broke his clavicle.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't thumb my nose at mettenberg btw because we need *somebody*, but I strongly prefer Sanchez if we want someone who we don't want to play anyway.
I'm not against a veteran but I really hate Sanchez. I prefer to stay away from that dumpster.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Good God what a fucking idiot. Some call that being a "competitor" but he is saying that shit to the wrong person.

He will be rolling on the field in a wheelchair and Jones will still believe he can continue to play at a high level.
No shit.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Look, anyone that thought Romo was going to come into this season and lead the Cowboys to the SB is an idiot. I'm sorry, thats just a fact. He's injury prone, and the defense is not going to win us a game.

I'd rather see if Dak has anything to make it in this league, and if he doesn't, then it almost forces the Cowboys into a QB pick in what would be a top 10 pick next season.

Dak has the ability to run the ball, and that alone could win us a couple games just in itself.
I never thought he'd make it through a complete season healthy again. Figured he'd suffer some kind of injury that forced him to miss at least a few games, just didn't think it'd be this soon. Over the last few years the guy really has turned into Mr. Glass.

I am interested in seeing what Dak can do, and am ready to move on from Romo. But even after Daks preseason showing I had hoped he could practice and learn first instead of being thrown out there from day one.

Now it's really going to be interesting. With the way Jerry and Garrett are married to Romo I don't think it'll matter what Dak does, Romo will get his job back when he wants it. And my concern about Dak is even if Romo retires at the end of the year and Dak doesn't light it up, I'm afraid we'll still not look at QB early in the draft next year since we'll now be sold on Dak's potential based on what we know he is capable of doing.

I want Dak to be successful, but it's best if he's either hot or cold so we either know we have our QB or know we need to get one. I'd hate for him not to be the answer but we cling to his potential for a few years while not going after another QB.

dallen

Senior Tech
I wonder if the Robot rips off little pieces of Pacino's speech like he does everything else.

If you start hearing Garrett saying things like "inch by inch" and "on this team, we fight for that inch", you know it is on.

Minus the passion, emotion and cursing of course.
He has stolen from worse speeches before

dallen

Senior Tech
I am starting to get a Favre vibe concerning Romo, he is going to want to hang around long after his due date.

As long as Garrett is here there is never going to be competition for the starting spot.

I also think Romo was a little spooked by all the Dak love and that's why he was trying to "make a play" in such a meaningless game.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
I was wondering the same thing.

dallen

Senior Tech
If it were up to me I'd want Dak to play at least all the first half and the first series of the second. I think rookie QBs need as much experience as possible.

Top Bottom