Schefter asked two NFL people about Prescott

dallen

Senior Tech
This is sort of that chicken and egg theory. But it's not like Prescott was playing with elite players out there. He had our swing tackle starting at LT. He was completing bombs to Butler and he was handing the ball off to our backup RB. I guess someone could argue Romo isn't any good that it is the O-line and Dez and Witten but we all saw what happened last year without Romo. So as good as those pieces are, it still takes a QB to make it work.
Exactly. After seeing the trash offenses we got without Romo last year seeing any QB have success in this offense is very encouraging.

dallen

Senior Tech
I was probably Dak's biggest fan here leading up to the draft. Remember when I was thinking about changing my name to YesDak?

Remember?

:tippytoe
Your name is quite unfortunate at this point

dallen

Senior Tech
Prescott is miles better than I thought he would be. I did not have high expectations at all, but I think part of that was just based on the offense he ran at Miss St...it was hard to get a read on how he would translate to the NFL.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse here, but if Jaylon Smith returns to health...and Prescott and Elliot are as good as they have looked, well we are talking about an alltimer of a draft.
I might need to go clean up some old posts where I said Brandon Allen would be a better pro than Dak... :unsure

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I might need to go clean up some old posts where I said Brandon Allen would be a better pro than Dak... :unsure
Yeah, what was the guy I was wanting in the later rounds? Driskell or something. Please clean those up as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo's out. Thats the catch. :explode
It was only a matter of time this season. Came a little sooner then I expected but we all knew it was coming this year with Romo. Or at least I did. Which is why I was so insistent on taking one of the QBs in this last draft.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I will admit it. I thought he was a black Tebow.
Yep. Read too many making comparisons to Tebow. All I thought of was an H-back playing QB. Even watching some of his highlight videos it was often short passes or take off running.

But now he's shown he can stand in the pocket and make the throws. Looking back I think many analysts were just lazy in giving him the Tebow comparison based on him playing for Dan Mullen.

Top Bottom