Video Game Chatter

D

Deuce

This Rams comeback thing at the beginning of Madden would be completely gay if it wasn't against the Skins.

junk

Not So New Member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] - thoughts on No Man's Sky?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] - thoughts on No Man's Sky?
I've only gotten to play about 3-4 hours so far. I really like it. It's deeper than I thought with all the upgrades you can do with your suit and ship. Also, I didn't realize there would be other human type interactions. I thought it was all going to be primitive. I can see how it might get a bit repetitive but I think with all the stuff you can do it will keep me entertained for a while.

dallen

Senior Tech
I played Firewatch over the weekend. If you're a fan of "walking simulator" type games (Gone Home, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, etc) then I think you'd really like this one, and if you haven't ever tried one this would be a great one to start with.

This is the first game from Campo Santo Studios, but that company was formed by the leads on Telltales first season of The Walking Dead if that tells you anything about how good the story is. Imagine that game without the quicktime events and with absolutely gorgeous graphics, and you have a pretty close approximation of Firewatch. This how the creators describe it:

Firewatch is a mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.

The year is 1989.

You are a man named Henry who has retreated from your messy life to work as a fire lookout in the Wyoming wilderness. Perched atop a mountain, it's your job to find smoke and keep the wilderness safe.

An especially hot, dry summer has everyone on edge. Your supervisor, a woman named Delilah, is available to you at all times over a small, handheld radio—and is your only contact with the world you've left behind.

But when something strange draws you out of your lookout tower and into the world below, you'll explore a wild and unknown environment, facing questions and making interpersonal choices that can build or destroy the only meaningful relationship you have.
If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing mystery to solve I highly recommend it. The only real caveat I have is that it took me about 4 hours to complete. If you are a dollars per hour of gameplay type this is definitely on the expensive side, but the hours you do get are high quality. I plan on replaying it at least once more to try out different choices (and they are adding a scavenger hunt Director's Commentary later in the month) so I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When I try to play modern sports games they make me feel like a really old man. There are just too many damn buttons these days! Get off my lawn
That is what is great about MLB The Show. Controls are fairly easy and I really enjoy all the personnel moves you can make. You have to be smart with players you promote or send down because options and the 40 man roster come into play.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Picked up Madden this weekend and went through some of the training sessions, only to find out that I'm a terrible player.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=16]Playmaker[/MENTION]

Have you tried the BF1 beta? If so, what do you think of it?

Playmaker

Brand New Member
Haven't tried the BF1 beta, too big of a down load. 6+ GB would be 24 hrs at least.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah I absolutely loved the first one. The wait has been far too long for a second.
Were you part of the DCC group that played RDR online?

That was by far the most fun game we ever played, and it was the game that got the most involvement from the DCC.

It was only like 2 weeks, but so many of us got on and that shit was a blast. One laugh after the other.

I specifically remember [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] killing Thorn and then him saying "Suck it, Thorn! Oh wait......."

:lol

It's been a while, but I think that group consisted of myself, Schmitty, [MENTION=61]GForce78NJ[/MENTION], gator, Thorn, EZ, and I think even [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] jumped on for a round or two.

Maybe even [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] ?

I know I'm leaving some people out because we'd have some nights where we'd have as many as 10 DCC'ers on.

The good ol' days. :sad

Last edited:
D

Deuce

That was by far the most fun game we ever played, and it was the game that got the most involvement from the DCC.

It was only like 2 weeks, but so many of us got on and that shit was a blast. One laugh after the other.

I specifically remember @mschmidt64 killing Thorn and then him saying "Suck it, Thorn! Oh wait......."

It's been a while, but I think that group consisted of myself, Schmitty, @gforce, gator, Thorn, EZ, and I think even @boozeman jumped on for a round or two.

Maybe even @Deuce ?

I know I'm leaving some people out because we'd have some nights where we'd have as many as 10 DCC'ers on.

I was there and all I remember is EZ referring to his character as "Blackie"...and that was before Narcos made that name cool and not racist. Well, partially not racist.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was there and all I remember is EZ referring to his character as "Blackie"...and that was before Narcos made that name cool and not racist. Well, partially not racist.

Blackie.

Totally forgot about that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I specifically remember [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] killing Thorn and then him saying "Suck it, Thorn! Oh wait......."

It's been a while, but I think that group consisted of myself, Schmitty, [MENTION=61]GForce78NJ[/MENTION], gator, Thorn, EZ, and I think even [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] jumped on for a round or two.

Maybe even [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] ?

I was not part of it but this time around I would be. I was on the message board back then but must have missed the invite... :unsure

D

Deuce

I as given a GameStop gift card yesterday and didn't know what I would want to use it on. Now I just want to save it for this.

Top Bottom