Dak Prescott declares himself to be the smartest quarterback in the class

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What's very encouraging to me is that the staff seems to favor play-action much more so with Prescott than Romo, who doesn't seem to like play-action much. Prescott has also shown the ability to challenge defenses deep, not just the Butler play, but the Williams drop against Seattle against their 1st team D with no Dez.

We were never going to pass it 35-40 times a game with Romo anyway so the game plan shouldn't change too much if we ask Prescott to throw it 25ish times a game. Pound the run with Elliott and Morris, move the pocket with play-action, target Dez deep and we could still be successful offensively.

The main thing I'm worried about are the rookie mistakes that we know will come, but there is definitely a game plan there to work around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's very encouraging to me is that the staff seems to favor play-action much more so with Prescott than Romo, who doesn't seem to like play-action much. Prescott has also shown the ability to challenge defenses deep, not just the Butler play, but the Williams drop against Seattle against their 1st team D with no Dez.

We were never going to pass it 35-40 times a game with Romo anyway so the game plan shouldn't change too much if we ask Prescott to throw it 25ish times a game. Pound the run with Elliott and Morris, move the pocket with play-action, target Dez deep and we could still be successful offensively.

The main thing I'm worried about are the rookie mistakes that we know will come, but there is definitely a game plan there to work around.
It's also really good to see what chemistry he already has with guys like Dez, Witten and Beasley. I'm excited to see what happens. Major difference compared to backup QBs we have had in the past.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

dallen

Senior Tech
SEC rednecks are always telling me that SEC defenses are basically NFL-caliber, so if you look at it that way, Dak is actually a three-year NFL veteran. :towel
This is accurate

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I love Witten but he's always positive so it means very little that he's complimentary of Prescott.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It'd be nice to wait on the dramatic YouTube highlight videos for him to have regular season success. With that said, Prescott has led a scoring drive against the 1st team defense of the Rams, Dolphins and Seahawks, so it's not like he was just tearing it backups every game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It'd be nice to wait on the dramatic YouTube highlight videos for him to have regular season success. With that said, Prescott has led a scoring drive against the 1st team defense of the Rams, Dolphins and Seahawks, so it's not like he was just tearing it backups every game.
And never once did he have both Elliott and Dez in the lineup nor Tyron Smith for the most part. Even Darren McFadden was out.

Of course, he did have Demarcus Lawrence. Need to see Crawford, Collins, and Thornton playing in a rotation, because that's where the pass rush is going to have to come from.

Top Bottom