Potential backup QBs

Tony D

DCC 4Life
This is a slam dunk no brainer. Bring him in to back up Dak.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Browns also cut Paul Kruger. He's only 30. Unless there is some medical problem, I'd bring him in for a look, too.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd be interested in Davis, he actually looked decent for the Rams a couple of years ago. Kruger's production dropped way off last year and he is up there a bit but I could see kicking the tires on him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd be interested in Davis, he actually looked decent for the Rams a couple of years ago. Kruger's production dropped way off last year and he is up there a bit but I could see kicking the tires on him.
He looked decent for the Rams yet they did not keep him around and he is cut again.

Don't think he would bring anything to the table really.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not great, but neither is anyone else that is available.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Chiefs Shopping QB Aaron Murray
August 30th, 2016 at 8:45am CST by Zach Links

The Chiefs have let rival teams know that quarterback Aaron Murray is available via trade, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. Aaron Murray (vertical)

The Chiefs, of course, signed Nick Foles earlier this offseason to serve as Alex Smith‘s primary backup. To the surprise of many, they did not release a QB to make room, opting instead to carry five signal callers. Smith, Foles, and fifth-round rookie Kevin Hogan were considered safe, leaving Murray and Tyler Bray on the chopping block. Now, it sounds like the Chiefs will try to get something in return for Murray and possibly stash Bray on the practice squad, if he can pass waivers.

Murray, 25, has yet to appear in a regular season game. He played his college football at Georgia and was selected in the fifth round of the 2014 draft.

I think I at least entertain this idea.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

THE ROSTER IS SET!!!

ahh, good times.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
RE: Mettenberger

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
RE: Mettenberger

Everyone is trying hard to sell Dallas their QBs they plan to cut.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't want a young average QB who is also still tying to make a name for himself to backup Dak.

Would rather have a veteran who knows his role and will contribute to Dak's development.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There is not any player available that I think makes us measurably better. Murray, Mettenberger, Davis...feh. I'd rather just go with Showers. Cassell sucked so hard last year that he has turned me away from a vet QB. He was so mechanical, like he did not want to make any mistakes, it sucked to watch. At least Moore had the balls to wing it around some.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't want a young average QB who is also still tying to make a name for himself to backup Dak.

Would rather have a veteran who knows his role and will contribute to Dak's development.
Well Romo will help in his development, so if we are looking for a tutor/mentor for Dak a week before the season starts...that is a horrible plan.

Top Bottom