2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus Christ.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wonderful

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He done.

data

Forbes #1
Yet Jerral Jones at 73 years old...clean bill of health.

I wonder if he's a mutant that absorbs the health of football players.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
FFS. Get rid of Lee already. What a complete waste of talent.

Bring in Kruger as a stop gap and be done with it already.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
FFS. Get rid of Lee already. What a complete waste of talent.

Bring in Kruger as a stop gap and be done with it already.
Kruger is about a tenth of the player Lee is. He also doesn't really play the same position as Lee. While they are both LBs, Lee is a traditional 4-3 run around and make plays linebacker whereas Kruger is really a rush forward and drop back (but mostly rush forward) 3-4 linebacker.

And, Kruger just got cut from what's expected to be not a very good defensive group in Cleveland.

In summary, Kruger is not really a scheme fit and not really a particularly good player on top of that. I get that people are getting frustrated with Lee, but he was mostly healthy last year, and even if this latest injury turns really bad, there isn't likely a solution out there at this time of year. Kruger certainly isn't a solution.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kruger is about a tenth of the player Lee is. He also doesn't really play the same position as Lee. While they are both LBs, Lee is a traditional 4-3 run around and make plays linebacker whereas Kruger is really a rush forward and drop back (but mostly rush forward) 3-4 linebacker.

And, Kruger just got cut from what's expected to be not a very good defensive group in Cleveland.

In summary, Kruger is not really a scheme fit and not really a particularly good player on top of that. I get that people are getting frustrated with Lee, but he was mostly healthy last year, and even if this latest injury turns really bad, there isn't likely a solution out there at this time of year. Kruger certainly isn't a solution.
I don't think they released him because of his talent level. They didn't want to pay him his contract rate.

Genghis Khan

I don't think they released him because of his talent level. They didn't want to pay him his contract rate.
Browns fans seem to think he was going to be a backup, so it was about more than money.

Genghis Khan

Good. I'd sign him, but their smoking something if they think someone would trade for him. That job was handed to him on a silver platter and he couldn't win it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good. I'd sign him, but their smoking something if they think someone would trade for him. That job was handed to him on a silver platter and he couldn't win it.
I wouldn't sign him. He is a turnover waiting to happen. Nope.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His pocket presence is just god awful and he doesn't see the field well. Other then those two massive flaws I'm sure he is a nice guy and stuff. I sure as shit wouldn't take on his salary or give up anything to get him in a trade.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
His pocket presence is just god awful and he doesn't see the field well. Other then those two massive flaws I'm sure he is a nice guy and stuff. I sure as shit wouldn't take on his salary or give up anything to get him in a trade.
The turnovers bother me.

All he had to do with Denver is not turn the ball over and they keep him as a game manager. He fumbles far too much for a guy that basically has one job, hand it off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The turnovers bother me.

All he had to do with Denver is not turn the ball over and they keep him as a game manager. He fumbles far too much for a guy that basically has one job, hand it off.
He has always been an interception machine. Hell even when he was leading the Jets to the playoffs he was basically a massive liability with a QB rating in the 70s. I'm not sure why teams keep giving him chances. Honestly if he wasn't a nice guy and a former first round pick I think his career would be over.

Genghis Khan

But we wouldn't sign him for him to play anyway, so however bad Sanchez is isn't that relevant to me. He would be holding a clipboard unless dak gets injured. If there is a better veteran out there I'd be all for it, but I think we need a real veteran that has been through it all and can contribute to dak's learning process.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But we wouldn't sign him for him to play anyway, so however bad Sanchez is isn't that relevant to me. He would be holding a clipboard unless dak gets injured. If there is a better veteran out there I'd be all for it, but I think we need a real veteran that has been through it all and can contribute to dak's learning process.
So you want him as a QB coach? Sounds like there are lots of options for that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even though Sanchez is a complete dunce I'd trust him to play a game more than Showers. No way you give up any resources for him obviously but if you get him the vet minimum or something, sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even though Sanchez is a complete dunce I'd trust him to play a game more than Showers. No way you give up any resources for him obviously but if you get him the vet minimum or something, sure.
To me it is just like signing Matt Cassel. A giant waste of everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom