Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well that's dumb.
Yeah, so now if they don't sign him by like game 10, they forfeit his rights and he goes back into the draft next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt we'd be having this issue with Bosa had Dallas drafted him. Jerry would have caved to his demands long ago.

When was the last significant hold out by a Cowboys' draft pick or in his prime FA? Emmitt Smith back in 93?
Yeah, it's not a question of how much Bosa gets paid. It's a question of when he will receive the money. Jerry would have just given him the money when he wants it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Why does it have to be a cave?

The money at issue here is peanuts and really would not affect any team moving forward.

This is beginning to sound like Bosa just really does not want to play for the Chargers.

Would you rather your 3rd overall pick missing most of the season or "cave" and have that guy happy and acclimated heading into the season.

I really don't see how having your draft picks signed and in camp is somehow a negative especially considering everything is slotted now.
:lol

Wow you really got worked up over that.

When I say Jerry would have "caved" that's exactly what I meant. And I wasn't simply talking about Bosa's situation, I'm talking about Jones' penchant for making questionable contract decisions.

When has he ever taken a hard line approach with a player regarding a contract? It's just not his style. He's a "get along guy" who wants to be loved by the players. A testy contract dispute would disrupt that.

The few times that I remember players being dissatisfied with their deal he'd eagerly bend over backwards and reward them with new deals even when they were undeserving. Jay Ratliff and Jeremy Mincey for instance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The few times that I remember players being dissatisfied with their deal he'd eagerly bend over backwards and reward them with new deals even when they were undeserving. Jay Ratliff and Jeremy Mincey for instance.
We played hardball with Dez for a bit.

Cotton

Staff member
We played hardball with Dez for a bit.
You talking about his rookie contract or his new contract? Even on his new contract it really wasn't that suspenseful.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You talking about his rookie contract or his new contract? Even on his new contract it really wasn't that suspenseful.
The new one where he held out and such. And after missing all that time probably got hurt as a result.

Cotton

Staff member
The new one where he held out and such. And after missing all that time probably got hurt as a result.
I wouldn't necessarily call that hard ball. He didn't even miss a game. And if I remember right he only missed part of TC if any.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

Wow you really got worked up over that.

When I say Jerry would have "caved" that's exactly what I meant. And I wasn't simply talking about Bosa's situation, I'm talking about Jones' penchant for making questionable contract decisions.

When has he ever taken a hard line approach with a player regarding a contract? It's just not his style. He's a "get along guy" who wants to be loved by the players. A testy contract dispute would disrupt that.

But we are talking about a rookie so to call him out about this is silly.

And he has gotten great deals done with Smith and Frederick so there is that as well.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
For Bosa? They can't trade him now. The deadline to do that passed on August 9th.
They can still do a sign and trade, they just can't trade his rights without him signing a contract first. Also, for anyone who thinks this is Bosa's fault:

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/8/2/12346564/the-truth-about-the-bosa-holdout-according-to-hoyle

Basically, the Chargers want him to sign a contract that's worse than any other contract signed by a top 3 pick since the league changed to the current salary slotting system.

Cotton

Staff member
They can still do a sign and trade, they just can't trade his rights without him signing a contract first. Also, for anyone who thinks this is Bosa's fault:

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/8/2/12346564/the-truth-about-the-bosa-holdout-according-to-hoyle

Basically, the Chargers want him to sign a contract that's worse than any other contract signed by a top 3 pick since the league changed to the current salary slotting system.
They aren't going to sign and trade him. So, basically they either sign him or forfeit his rights.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
But we are talking about a rookie so to call him out about this is silly.

And he has gotten great deals done with Smith and Frederick so there is that as well.
I didn't call Bosa out. I simply stated that if he were in Dallas he'd be in camp by now because Jerry Jones would likely have acquiesced to his contractual demands.

I don't think that's calling him out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They aren't going to sign and trade him. So, basically they either sign him or forfeit his rights.
Eventually a contract will get done. You just have to wonder if the Chargers have hurt themselves more then it is worth in the process.

Rev

Staff member
Eventually a contract will get done. You just have to wonder if the Chargers have hurt themselves more then it is worth in the process.
To me it just seems like this is on Bosas' end. He doesn't want to play there so is coming up with any excuse to holdout. He is dumb enough to waste a year so we shall seee.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
With that agent and a slotting system, I highly doubt this is on Bosa.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me it just seems like this is on Bosas' end. He doesn't want to play there so is coming up with any excuse to holdout. He is dumb enough to waste a year so we shall seee.
If Bosa wanted out of San Diego I think he would have done something to get traded much earler instead of sacrificing a small fortune sitting out this year.

Rev

Staff member
If Bosa wanted out of San Diego I think he would have done something to get traded much earler instead of sacrificing a small fortune sitting out this year.
Have you seen him? He doesn't seem like the sharpest took in the shed.

Cotton

Staff member

I did some digging and what I thought was true. They can't trade him even if they sign him until at least year 2 since they are now passed the Aug 9th deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom