2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Killed Bin Laden. Created a treaty with Iran that prevented them from acquiring nuclear weapons, already resulting in some good faith interactions from a country that would otherwise be a nuclear threat at this point.

3,222 air strikes against Isis resulting the destruction of 58 tanks, 184 Humvees, 673 fighting positions and 980 buildings or barracks. All without large scale deployments that would have actually cost military lives. Right now Isis has been soundly beaten up and are in preparation to lose their beloved Caliphate.

Obama has normalized relationships with Cuba, repealed the abominable "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy. Most importantly we've lost significantly less soldiers in his 8 years in office than we did during his predecessor's. Even the gaffes like Libya were completed cleanly without the loss of US lives.

But I'm sure a Trump, who shits on gold star families, shits on POWs, lies about donations to veterans, doesn't know what the nuclear triad is, doesn't understand the nuance of nuclear treaties, doesn't know Russia is in Ukraine, hires Russian friendly advisors, wants to pull us out of NATO, wants to tank the world economy by negotiating the national debt, can't even assemble a decent campaign staff, and has the temperament of an angry toddler is a much better option. Based on his complete lack worth of real world accomplishments, other than launching a clothing line and a reality TV show.
Okay let's see. Killed Bin Laden and ordered air strikes. Bogus deal with Iran and struck a deal with Cuba now that Fidel Castro is out.. That will fit on a stamp. Thanks. Can't imagine why affordable health insurance was overlooked.

townsend

Banned
Okay let's see. Killed Bin Laden and ordered air strikes. Bogus deal with Iran and struck a deal with Cuba now that Fidel Castro is out.. That will fit on a stamp. Thanks. Can't imagine why affordable health insurance was overlooked.
I wish Trump's failures could be so easily summarized.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Naked Donald Trump Statues Pop Up in Cities Across US

Naked Donald Trump Statues Pop Up in Cities Across US

NEW YORK — It's Donald Trump like he's never been seen before.

Life-size naked statues of the Republican presidential nominee greeted passers-by in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and Cleveland on Thursday. They are the brainchild of an activist collective called INDECLINE, which has spoken out against Trump before.

In a statement, the collective said the hope is that Trump "is never installed in the most powerful political and military position in the world."

A statue in Manhattan's Union Square quickly drew the attention of people before it was removed by the city's parks department.

Groups of people took pictures with the statue and other shouted anti-Trump statements, according to NBC New York. The effigy was removed by park department workers around 1:15 p.m., according to the station.

The NYC Parks Department told NBC New York in a cheekily written statement that, "NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small." :lol

The statues were created by an artist in Cleveland. They are of a stern-faced Trump with his hands folded over a bulging belly. Some parts of male genitalia are visible while others seemingly are missing.

"It is through these sculptures that we leave behind the physical and metaphorical embodiment of the ghastly soul of one of America's most infamous and reviled politicians," INDECLINE said in its statement.

Trump's campaign declined to comment on the statues.

INDECLINE said statues on the West Coast were still in place.

In San Francisco, onlookers stopped to take photos with the statue in the gay neighborhood of the Castro District, according to NBC Bay Area.

And in Central Los Angeles, the statue was placed trump in the neighborhood of Los Feliz, directly in front of the La Luz Jesus Gallery, showcasing the figure against a backdrop of colorful designs, according to the station.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hillary is truly a terrible politician when it comes to being a candidate, why the hell would she bring up Colin Powell to deflect hoe wrong she was about setting up that server.

Any adequate opponent would be leading Hillary at this point just shows how terrible a candidate Trump is.

Will be interesting to see how the polls look after this week and with Trumps attempts at outreach to "The Blacks".

Jiggyfly

Banned
Powell: Clinton 'trying to pin' her email use on my advice

The Hill
Cyra Master

Colin Powell says Hillary Clinton's campaign has been trying to use him to help justify her use of a private email server while she was secretary of State.

The Democratic presidential nominee reportedly told FBI investigators that Powell, another former secretary of State, recommended she use a private email account.

Clinton allegedly discussed email practices with her predecessor during a dinner after she became the top U.S. diplomat in 2009, The New York Times said Thursday.

On Sunday, Powell told the New York Post's Page Six that Clinton was using her private email long before their meeting.

"The truth is she was using it for a year before I sent her a memo telling her what I did [during my term as Secretary of State]," he said.

"Her people have been trying to pin it on me."

But, the Post reported that "despite appearing angered by the situation," Powell added, "It doesn't bother me. It's OK, I'm free."

Journalist Joe Conason first reported the talk in his forthcoming book about Bill Clinton's life after the presidency, "Man of the World: The Further Endeavors of Bill Clinton."

An advanced copy states that Clinton spoke with Powell during a dinner party in Washington, D.C., hosted by Madeleine Albright, another former secretary of State.

"Toward the end of the evening, over dessert, Albright asked all of the former secretaries to offer one salient bit of counsel to the nation's next top diplomat," Conason wrote.

"Powell told [Clinton] to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer," he added.

Powell's office released a statement late Thursday saying he had no recollection of the dinner conversation.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I can't help but think what would happen if Jerruh ran.
If he was running this year I think he'd win in a landslide

Jiggyfly

Banned
This Clinton Foundation stuff sounds bad and it is definitely a full display of how Bill and Hillary will skirt the line to get what they want.

The thing is that they have been vilified so much I think these things are largely met with a shrug be the general public and it is just looked at like politics as usual by most.

Add in the fact that there is no proof of either getting actual money from the foundation and it's hard to connect the dots.

I will say Hillary is most likely a 1 term president unless the Republicans go completely off the rails because there is no way, she gets away with this stuff against a competent candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom