2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Johnson pushed Jones' buttons, that is not in question. But if Jones wasn't into getting credit and jealous of the credit Johnson was getting none of the shit would have happened.

Jones was notoriously cheap to the Johnson assistants and also insisted on getting face time on ESPN in the draft room.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Johnson pushed Jones' buttons, that is not in question. But if Jones wasn't into getting credit and jealous of the credit Johnson was getting none of the shit would have happened.
I don't agree with that at all. Jimmy has admitted that he didn't like staying anywhere that long, and was starting to get the itch to move on. He was clearly starting to look for a way out with the Jax stuff. And when the Dolphins job looked ready to open up, he wanted out even more. When Jerry got drunk and pissed, then started shooting his mouth off, Jimmy latched on to the opportunity and ran with it.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Elliott, Romo, Lee are out. So is Jaylon Smith, shocking I know.
this is gonna be a pretty boring game to watch. None of our first 3 picks this year will be playing. I guess we have to look forward to *gasp* DAK PRESCOTT

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't agree with that at all. Jimmy has admitted that he didn't like staying anywhere that long, and was starting to get the itch to move on. He was clearly starting to look for a way out with the Jax stuff. And when the Dolphins job looked ready to open up, he wanted out even more. When Jerry got drunk and pissed, then started shooting his mouth off, Jimmy latched on to the opportunity and ran with it.
Yeah, but there is a reason he wanted out. That has been the point the entire time. Jerry accelerated the exodus.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
this is gonna be a pretty boring game to watch. None of our first 3 picks this year will be playing. I guess we have to look forward to *gasp* DAK PRESCOTT
I am actually excited to see Prescott and Showers.

I want them to suck so fucking bad that Jerry Jones is shitting nickels Monday.

My worst nightmare is the pair of them do unscripted things and then we start deluding ourselves they can play in Garrett's shitty ass system.

The way you look at this game is simple. Ignore the unscripted. Look at what plays the guy has where he has time and you will get your answer.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, but there is a reason he wanted out. That has been the point the entire time. Jerry accelerated the exodus.
Did Jerry accelerate his early exits from his other jobs, too?

I'm not saying Jerry didn't have his part in it. I even mentioned him shooting his mouth off. But to think Jimmy wasn't looking for an excuse to run back to Florida is being blind. Jimmy deserves just as much credit/blame for the break up as Jerry does.

It was the perfect shit storm. Jimmy knew Jerry well. He knew that his ego would get his big mouth working over time. All he'd have to do is stoke the fires a bit, and Jerry would take the bait, allowing Jimmy to skip out of town. It couldn't have worked out better for him. Jerry took the blame in the court of public opinion, and Jimmy was free to wait for Shula to leave Miami. Not to mention the nice fat payoff he received on his way out.

Cotton

Staff member
Did Jerry accelerate his early exits from his other jobs, too?

I'm not saying Jerry didn't have his part in it. I even mentioned him shooting his mouth off. But to think Jimmy wasn't looking for an excuse to run back to Florida is being blind. Jimmy deserves just as much credit/blame for the break up as Jerry does.

It was the perfect shit storm. Jimmy knew Jerry well. He knew that his ego would get his big mouth working over time. All he'd have to do is stoke the fires a bit, and Jerry would take the bait, allowing Jimmy to skip out of town. It couldn't have worked out better for him. Jerry took the blame in the court of public opinion, and Jimmy was free to wait for Shula to leave Miami. Not to mention the nice fat payoff he received on his way out.
I'm not saying that Jimmy wouldn't have gotten out eventually regardless. I'm saying I don't think he would have left a 2 time SB champ team with more rings on the way if it had not been for Jerry and his ego. I mean, Jimmy would walk away from a potential record number of SBs in a row because he was just getting the itch for a change? :lol Not likely.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jones gave him an excuse. I think that is pretty clear. As time goes on, it is clear it was not just a one way Jerry ran him off type of thing.

But if Jones had been less intrusive, then Jimmy's eye may not have wandered to begin with.

It was like a marriage, and since Jimmy was inclined to cheat, Jerry gave him reasons to do so.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was the perfect shit storm.
Tends to work that way with Jones, both positively or negatively.

He is a shit magnet because of what comes out of his mouth.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am actually excited to see Prescott and Showers.

I want them to suck so fucking bad that Jerry Jones is shitting nickels Monday.

My worst nightmare is the pair of them do unscripted things and then we start deluding ourselves they can play in Garrett's shitty ass system.

The way you look at this game is simple. Ignore the unscripted. Look at what plays the guy has where he has time and you will get your answer.
That would be the worst thing that could happen. Jerry shitting bricks over the QBs means we'll do something stupid like trading next year's first for Mike Glennon or something.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Troy Aikman: What disappointed the Cowboys players the most in the Jerry Jones-Jimmy Johnson split

As the starting quarterback, Cowboys great Troy Aikman had a front-row seat for the drama between Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and former coach Jimmy Johnson.
Recently, Jones admitted that he feels he "probably should have had a little more tolerance with Jimmy Johnson."

In an interview with ESPN New York's The Michael Kay Show on Thursday, Aikman was asked to weigh in on Jones' recent mea culpa.
"Based on the reaction that's been made to Jerry's comments, my guess is that he regrets having said that," Aikman said. "I think [Jones has] been reluctant to really take much responsibility for what happened during that time. And I think it was both those guys. I don't think Jimmy was in it for the long haul."

Then Aikman got into the part of the breakup that really stung for the players at the time.

"I think the disappointing thing for us as players was that we were constantly told by Jimmy right around Pro Bowl time -- when guys wouldn't make the Pro Bowl though they were worthy -- Jimmy would constantly harp about the team atmosphere and doing it for the team, and 'Hey, as long as we all hang together and the team has success, there will be enough credit to go around for everybody.' And we kind of lived with that," Aikman said.

"I think that If you look back on my career with Emmitt [Smith], and Michael [Irvin] and [Jay] Novacek and the others, there was no animosity among us. There was no fighting for headlines or who was getting the credit. And yet the two leaders of our organization, they couldn't figure that part out."
Aikman was also asked if the Cowboys could have won more Super Bowls had Jones and Johnson been able to get along and stay together.

"It's disappointing because we were right in the middle of a good run," Aikman said. "We still went on and had some success, but I don't know if we would have won more Super Bowls, but I do feel very strongly that we would have been knocking on the door each year. I think it would have been a lot like what we've seen from the New England Patriots. Maybe not extended that long, but they're constantly in the hunt and in the picture in the playoffs with a chance to maybe win it all. And I think that run for us would have been extended much longer."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Troy Aikman: What disappointed the Cowboys players the most in the Jerry Jones-Jimmy Johnson split

As the starting quarterback, Cowboys great Troy Aikman had a front-row seat for the drama between Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and former coach Jimmy Johnson.
Recently, Jones admitted that he feels he "probably should have had a little more tolerance with Jimmy Johnson."

In an interview with ESPN New York's The Michael Kay Show on Thursday, Aikman was asked to weigh in on Jones' recent mea culpa.
"Based on the reaction that's been made to Jerry's comments, my guess is that he regrets having said that," Aikman said. "I think [Jones has] been reluctant to really take much responsibility for what happened during that time. And I think it was both those guys. I don't think Jimmy was in it for the long haul."

Then Aikman got into the part of the breakup that really stung for the players at the time.

"I think the disappointing thing for us as players was that we were constantly told by Jimmy right around Pro Bowl time -- when guys wouldn't make the Pro Bowl though they were worthy -- Jimmy would constantly harp about the team atmosphere and doing it for the team, and 'Hey, as long as we all hang together and the team has success, there will be enough credit to go around for everybody.' And we kind of lived with that," Aikman said.

"I think that If you look back on my career with Emmitt [Smith], and Michael [Irvin] and [Jay] Novacek and the others, there was no animosity among us. There was no fighting for headlines or who was getting the credit. And yet the two leaders of our organization, they couldn't figure that part out."
Aikman was also asked if the Cowboys could have won more Super Bowls had Jones and Johnson been able to get along and stay together.

"It's disappointing because we were right in the middle of a good run," Aikman said. "We still went on and had some success, but I don't know if we would have won more Super Bowls, but I do feel very strongly that we would have been knocking on the door each year. I think it would have been a lot like what we've seen from the New England Patriots. Maybe not extended that long, but they're constantly in the hunt and in the picture in the playoffs with a chance to maybe win it all. And I think that run for us would have been extended much longer."
I don't know what this is supposed to address toward Johnson's agenda to get back to Florida. It is pretty self serving for Aikman and the players to appear magnanimous during the tiff.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:yawnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom