Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned
Scam Alert: Donald Trump’s Website Won’t Let You Cancel Recurring Donations

By Jeremy Stahl

You can cancel payment to Donald Trump at any time by just—oh, wait, no you can't.

Just like his Trump University, his investments in Atlantic City, his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, and basically his entire presidential campaign, it turns out that Donald Trump’s campaign website looks like just another scam.

On Wednesday, CNN reporter Jeremy Diamond sent out this tweet noting that a supporter of Trump had emailed him to say that he couldn’t cancel his recurring contribution on Trump’s official campaign site.

On Thursday, Mic confirmed that, no, there is no button to undo your recurring payment to the Trump campaign. You can’t delete the recurring payment. You can’t even delete your credit card information (you can update it, but it has to be with a different valid card number). So you just keep paying Trump’s campaign, we suppose, until the end of time.

Federal Election Commission spokesperson Christian Hilland told Mic that there’s nothing illegal about this per se, that is until a person’s automatic payments put her over the maximum contribution limit of $2,700.

Clinton’s campaign has a “remove card” option on its site for recurring payments, Mic reports. Trump's campaign did not return multiple requests for comment to the site.

Time notes that there’s a chance you might be able to cancel the payment by filling out Trump’s online contact form and requesting that unwanted donations be taken back and future ones be canceled.

But the magazine also noted that you may have to go directly to your credit card company or bank to prevent future charges, and that removing past unwanted charges that have already posted might be difficult to impossible.

“It’s more of a toss-up if the bank would contest it or not, because, in a way, the transaction was approved,” credit card expert Sean McQuay told Time

Smitty

DCC 4Life
LOL most of your description aptly fits the republican party, much of the republican party since Nixon and certainly their most vocal advocates.

Prove me wrong. I can't think of one thing. Saying you aren't doing my work me, makes it sound like you don't have anything.
Don't be a tool.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-moment.html#?

Donald Trump absolutely, unequivocally did not donate money to the North American Man-Boy Love Association.

But that’s not what “some people” are saying.

“Speaking of tax returns, did you hear Donald Trump is refusing to release them because Donald Trump has donated to NAMBLA? That’s what all the best sources, the most tremendous sources are saying,” said EnoughTrumpSpam’s AutoModerator.

AutoModerator is, of course, a robot that’s been fed code to spit out this exact, completely baseless and fact-free conspiracy theory about Donald Trump every single time somebody brings up taxes. It started on Reddit, but in just a couple of days, the conspiracy theory has flooded Twitter and other corners of the web. “Trump and NAMBLA” saw a spike on Google Trends this week.

And it’s not just an effort to get Trump to release his tax returns. It’s a way to show off how Trump’s conspiracy rhetoric is always precisely worded, but also based on nothing at all. Take this, for example:

“Maybe that’s right, maybe that’s wrong, but I don’t know why he doesn’t he release his records. Why doesn’t he release [them]?”

That’s not the bot. That’s Trump trying to cajole President Obama into releasing his birth certificate in 2011.

“A lot of people are questioning [them]. There are some major questions here and the press doesn’t wanna cover it. The press just refuses to cover it.”

And so was that, in 2012.

Here’s how he talked about the conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster.

“Somebody asked me the question the other day, and I said that a lot of people are very skeptical as to what happened and how he died,” he said.

Now, the people behind the bot want those same completely made-up sources to finally provide cannon fodder against Trump.

“If you think about it, this is exactly how Trump works,” Faiz, a moderator who helped sign off on the bot’s language on the subreddit in which it’s deployed, told The Daily Beast. Faiz is from California, and declined to give his last name. “He stirs up as much smoke as he possibly can to convince people that there is fire.”

The goal, according to the guy who wrote the code and provided screenshots to The Daily Beast, is to repeat the phrase so much that it starts saturating the media until people don’t know it was based on no real information whatsoever. It’s not just a page from the birther playbook. It is the birther playbook.

“I thought to do it because, well, I thought it’d be a good laugh,” said the user who went by “J. Peterman,” but who refused to give his real name so he “wouldn’t be witch-hunted.”

“Also, If I kept repeating the phrase ‘Donald Trump donated to NAMBLA’ every time tax returns was mentioned, which is often, Google might pick up on it as a hot phrase. I’m so glad that it’s trending, although I can’t take sole credit.”

That credit goes to the Reddit users who created threads about it. Or the people posting it to Buzzfeed as a community news post. Or the people creating entire fake Fox News websites about the “allegations.”

It’s an old-fashioned Googlebomb. And even the unsavory acronym has some old-fashioned history, too, with Trump’s most successful comedic agitator.

In mid-2000s Daily Show episodes, Jon Stewart used to shorten every long-winded organizational name to NAMBLA. Stewart also successfully got under the skin of Trump for years. Trump has called him an "overrated asshole-total phony” on Twitter, and famously tweeted this sentence after a Stewart gave him a nickname on a 2013 Daily Show episode.

“Amazing how the haters & losers keep tweeting the name ‘F**kface Von Clownstick’ like they are so original & like no one else is doing it…”

Sources say that tweet has now been retweeted over 29,000 times. No word on if it’s thanks to the same sources that are behind the NAMBLA rumors.

By Thursday night, the “rumors” had already gained enough traction for a thorough debunking by the website Inquisitr, which deemed it a “bizarre viral hoax.” The moderators think this is just the beginning.

“As for the campaign responding, I think that would be the ultimate prize. I don’t think he will, but Trump gets set off pretty easily so I can dream,” said Faiz.

There is, after all, only one way to stop it.

“The only logical conclusion would really be Trump releasing his tax returns but he would never do that because he’s hiding donations to NAMBLA,” he added. “That’s what I’ve heard from some very smart people anyway.”

:lol

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=1

Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience” to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history.”

The letter says Mr. Trump would weaken the United States’ moral authority and questions his knowledge of and belief in the Constitution. It says he has “demonstrated repeatedly that he has little understanding” of the nation’s “vital national interests, its complex diplomatic challenges, its indispensable alliances and the democratic values” on which American policy should be based. And it laments that “Mr. Trump has shown no interest in educating himself.”

“None of us will vote for Donald Trump,” the letter states, though it notes later that many Americans “have doubts about Hillary Clinton, as do many of us.”

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Most of the rubes on my facebook stopped posting pro Trump shit after he fucked with the Khans.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Trump is unfit, to be president.

I don't have any respect for the opinion of people who are still supporting him.

If you were a Bernie supporter voting for Trump, you are a Moron, and I really question whether or not you ever supported Bernie to begin with.

If you're a conservative thinking you have no other choice, you have Gary Johnson fiscally conservative, socially somewhat liberal.

If you can't get behind Johnson's social views, Evan McMullin has launched an independent bid.

Use your votes wisely, don't put the party over country.

As most of you know I am a democrat, and I won't be voting for the democratic nominee. I am putting my country ahead of my party.

Our country needs a new electoral process. In a country of 319 Million people these two are not the best we can do.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They are both unfit to be President.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Trump is unfit, to be president.

I don't have any respect for the opinion of people who are still supporting him.

If you were a Bernie supporter voting for Trump, you are a Moron, and I really question whether or not you ever supported Bernie to begin with.

If you're a conservative thinking you have no other choice, you have Gary Johnson fiscally conservative, socially somewhat liberal.

If you can't get behind Johnson's social views, Evan McMullin has launched an independent bid.

Use your votes wisely, don't put the party over country.

As most of you know I am a democrat, and I won't be voting for the democratic nominee. I am putting my country ahead of my party.

Our country needs a new electoral process. In a country of 319 Million people these two are not the best we can do.
Amen.

Rev

Staff member
Is she less fit than Bill or W was?
I don't care about the past. Unfit is unfit. Shouldn't have to settle for the shinier turd.

townsend

Banned
I don't care about the past. Unfit is unfit. Shouldn't have to settle for the shinier turd.
Well the issue is that most people in politics are going to look like a Hillary, Bill, or W. It's not like there Are tons of untapped flawless candidates that would have been massively better than the existing lineup.Bill was probably the best presidential candidate the democrats could have offered same with Bush Sr. McCain was better than W but he was hardly flawless either. If your only measuring stick for fitness is an ideal that can't be met in the existing political system then it's not very helpful.

Rev

Staff member
Well the issue is that most people in politics are going to look like a Hillary, Bill, or W. It's not like there Are tons of untapped flawless candidates that would have been massively better than the existing lineup.Bill was probably the best presidential candidate the democrats could have offered same with Bush Sr. McCain was better than W but he was hardly flawless either. If your only measuring stick for fitness is an ideal that can't be met in the existing political system then it's not very helpful.
My measuring stick is the people themselves. I don't need to look at others to know these candidates are a joke. I mean yeah there were better presidents in the past but we don't have that choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom