Preseason Week 1 Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That little RB for the Lions looks pretty good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dead on, man. Can't really disagree with any of that.
Actually, I think I am wrong when I truly think about it.

Judd Garrett isn't necessarily lazy. It must take a shit ton of time to research some dork craphead who will get signed because he has played "in NFL games" early and we sign him.

In a way, he's just inept. Like his father who was a failure with the Saints who somehow became acknowledged as some scouting genius.

Remember Todd Lowber? I do.

I just think that after the old guys aged out under Phillips, they seem to have gone full bozo on this youth movement and they have zero perspective.

It is either a Jones mind or a Garrett mind making the big choices.

And neither diseased family is going to ever win a championship without a lot of help.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sterling Shephard with a great catch for the Giants. #OUDNA

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
According to the leaked draft board, we had Jack right behind Smith, but still took Smith who looks like he might not be back to full strength for 1 and maybe 2 full seasons (if ever).
I don't understand why they passed on him because he might not have a long career in favor of the guy who might never be the same (or even play) again. Jack basically has the same condition as Leary, and Leary has been fine. Who cares if he has a 12 year career?

And I'm with Booze on our policy of avoiding vets. I really think that comes from a few years when we had so many players hurt -- I think Steve said we're going to avoid that by not signing older players. Yet Belichick has strategically signed late-30s vets for years now and made it work.

Our "next Belichick" probably even encourages it so when we don't win, he can play the "They're young and will be better next year" card. Anything to protect himself and his job.

1bigfan13

Staff member
For those that missed it.

Cotton

Staff member
Actually, I think I am wrong when I truly think about it.

Judd Garrett isn't necessarily lazy. It must take a shit ton of time to research some dork craphead who will get signed because he has played "in NFL games" early and we sign him.

In a way, he's just inept. Like his father who was a failure with the Saints who somehow became acknowledged as some scouting genius.

Remember Todd Lowber? I do.

I just think that after the old guys aged out under Phillips, they seem to have gone full bozo on this youth movement and they have zero perspective.

It is either a Jones mind or a Garrett mind making the big choices.

And neither diseased family is going to ever win a championship without a lot of help.
I think lazy still fits.

Cotton

Staff member
For those that missed it.

Yeah, that was really bad.

Cotton

Staff member
And, yes, that Zenner kid looks pretty damn good, too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Staff member
New coach. Same sorry Dolphins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just watched Wentz and Lynch highlights of their games.

Man, Lynch throws a fricking bullet.

Wentz started out good but looked shaky as he went on. Hate rooting against him, but have to.

Top Bottom