Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Cowboys v Rams | 8/13/2016

dallen

Senior Tech
Smart on that run, but Showers is running out of time

dallen

Senior Tech
Jones is supposed to have good hands isnt he?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What kind of playcalling is that?

Even in a preseason POS game.

3rd and 1 and you throw it?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kind of embarrassing to lose like that, but I bet Jerry gave Kroenke a wink that he would help out.

dallen

Senior Tech
When can we start Dak's Hall of Fame campaign? Romo will solve our backup QB issues at least.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined Prescott looking so good. The guy was pinpoint accurate, showed enough command of the offense to change plays at the line, showed touch several times on deep balls and made quick decisions with poise.

And all of this against a very solid Rams defense with basically all of their starters in except for Robert Quinn. Of course we didn't have Tyron, Witten or Elliott either.

Seeing Dez look like himself was great too.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It's preseason so I don't really care about the result. Prescott looked pretty good all things considered and Jackson flashed a bit as well. Hard to gauge the defense with so many missing pieces but I do know that Wilcox needs to be gone yesterday.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How are people saying this performance was "pretty good"? If we had drafted Wentz at four and he had done that in his first action we'd be creaming ourselves and saying he's the next Pro Bowl QB for us.

I agree don't put him in Canton yet and all that, but he was more than pretty good. For his first performance you could not ask for more. He was great.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
How are people saying this performance was "pretty good"? If we had drafted Wentz at four and he had done that in his first action we'd be creaming ourselves and saying he's the next Pro Bowl QB for us.

I agree don't put him in Canton yet and all that, but he was more than pretty good. For his first performance you could not ask for more. He was great.
In my case, I've been a fan for over forty years. I've seen many QBs come and go that shine in the preseason or flash brilliance when they're tossed into the fire but can't handle the heat when it really counts. If we had drafted Wentz top 5, I would have *expected* him to perform like Prescott did last night but he was a fourth round pick for a reason or two.

Anyway, I'll change my remark from "pretty good" to "pleasantly surprised." I didn't expect him to play as well as he did but after the last twenty years, I've learned to temper my enthusiasm somewhat when it comes to the preseason. I would love to see him or basically anyone become Romo's heir apparent as long as it doesn't end up like the QB debacle from the time Aikman went down until Romo was tossed in the mix after like 5 1/2 years of throwing QB **** against the wall and hoping something stuck. Does that make me a cynic? Eh. Maybe but it isn't without cause.

Moving on but along the same vein, I was pretty underwhelmed by Showers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's preseason so I don't really care about the result. Prescott looked pretty good all things considered and Jackson flashed a bit as well. Hard to gauge the defense with so many missing pieces but I do know that Wilcox needs to be gone yesterday.
Yeah the line up shuffle will make the cuts real identifiable quickly. I think it was a successful preseason game. The BUQB has been identified and several players shot themselves in the foot. Especially on defense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Totally agree. He was outstanding. If you didn't know any better you'd think that he was the first rounder and Goff was the fourth rounder based on their performance.

Dak looked way better than Wentz too, who looked pretty bad to me.

He was fantastic and while there is still a lot left to play out and we need to see him read more complex defenses and go through more progressions, we should be really encouraged.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Cowboys lack of depth was on full display in the 2nd half.

I don't care that they lost the game. The troubling thing was that aside from a few plays here and there, the offense did absolutely nothing. Additionally, the defense was pretty much nonexistent after halftime. Aside from a few nice plays by Olatoye there weren't many positives to point to.

The level of ineptness that I saw in that 2nd half was alarming.

Top Bottom