Broncos Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Broncos started prepping for Week 2 vs. Cowboys before opener
The extra film study comes as little surprise.
Zack Kelberman

To take a page out of Bill Belichick's quotebook, the Denver Broncos are on to Dallas.

Sort of.

Broncos coach Vance Joseph admitted Saturday -- two days before the regular season opener -- that the coaching staff has begun preparations for their big Week 2 showdown with the Cowboys.

“We have. You should be a coach (laughs)," Joseph said in response to a reporter's question. "We have done that, obviously we play Monday, and Tuesday we’re going to be in our game plan meeting. So absolutely, we’ve been on the Cowboy board a little bit already.”

Obviously Joseph and Co. first have to get through Monday night's grudge match against the division-rival Los Angeles Chargers. But that they've already had an eye on Big D shows they're heavily anticipating next Sunday's late afternoon tilt.

You can bet Denver tuned in last night and watched the Cowboys roll the New York Giants. They saw an efficient quarterback in Dak Prescott, explosive running back Ezekiel Elliott go over 100 yards, and a surprisingly active defense hold an Odell Beckham-less Big Blue offense to just three points.

Playing them on a short week won't work to their advantage, so the extra film study comes as little surprise. There'll be no time off in the days ahead.

midswat

... soon
Don't mean to underestimate them, but I wasn't at all impressed with the Broncos last night. 2-0 upcoming.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This will be the most difficult game out of our first 4, if we manage to win I think we're looking at 4-0 square in the face, 3-1 at the very least. If we can stay healthy I like our schedule after that too, Green Bay and KC are difficult but at home, then we get the 49ers and Skins on the road, could easily be 6-2 or 5-3 at the least if we go 3-1 over these first four.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Don't mean to underestimate them, but I wasn't at all impressed with the Broncos last night. 2-0 upcoming.
I only watched a little but that was my limited take as well. This was a game I was worried about. Now, not so much. I don't know if I fear their offense with their QB situation and their run D is apparently worse than I thought.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Neither was I. Get past them and it should be pretty smooth sailing for awhile. I just hope Dallas doesn't arrive at the last minute so they can become acclimated to the thinner air or they'll be sucking wind and end up on the sidelines getting breathing treatments during the game.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
On the other hand the Rams look like they could be a little bit of trouble.

Hopefully the Cardinals without David Johnson should be beatable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

We better beat the Cardinals.

They were 7-8-1 last year and Palmer is a year older and honestly not very good.

Throw in the fact that David Johnson isn't playing, and I would be extremely disappointed if we lost that game.

The same almost applies with Denver. They're a better team than Arizona, but they too were not a playoff team last year and unless Simiean makes this great leap, they won't be in the playoffs this year either.

Point is, we were and are better than both these teams and if we truly are a contender for the NFC, we'll beat them both.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Like Denver, we almost never win there. At least not in recent memory.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We better beat the Cardinals.

They were 7-8-1 last year and Palmer is a year older and honestly not very good.

Throw in the fact that David Johnson isn't playing, and I would be extremely disappointed if we lost that game.

The same almost applies with Denver. They're a better team than Arizona, but they too were not a playoff team last year and unless Simiean makes this great leap, they won't be in the playoffs this year either.

Point is, we were and are better than both these teams and if we truly are a contender for the NFC, we'll beat them both.
Denver is a tough place to play and they have a defense capable of taking over games, we're the better team but I could see the game going in a certain way that allows them to win, especially if their pass rush gets tuned up and the crowd is behind them.

Just get to 3-1 out of these first 4 and I'm confident that we win the division.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only watched a little but that was my limited take as well. This was a game I was worried about. Now, not so much. I don't know if I fear their offense with their QB situation and their run D is apparently worse than I thought.
Yep, the only thing that really worries me about the Bronco's is their elite corners and ability to create pressure. As long as we punch them in the mouth with the run game we will be fine. The Bronco's defense isn't like the Giants defense. The Giants defense was literally second best in the NFL at stopping the run (3.6 yards per attempt against) last year and I think that's why Dallas went a little pass happy attacking them in week 1 of the season.

The Broncos on the other hand last year were around 18th in run defense giving up 4.3 yards per carry and were 28th in total yards given up. That defense is one that we should attack hard with the run and I have faith that our coaches will recognize that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah all of these games we should easily be favored in.

The Rams certainly don't scare me at all either. They beat up on a horrific bad Colts team. Wait until the Rams play a real team with a real defense. They still couldn't run the ball and while I think Goff is better, he is still behind the curve.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If my memory serves me correct, we haven't beaten them since 1995.
Memory serves you correctly. But who really cares? We have only played them 5 times since then. Our current roster has zero connections to the 98 team, 2001 team, 2005 team or 2009 team.

I guess a few of our players remember the 2013 loss but both rosters are significantly different since then as well. So I don't really see any reason that history would have an impact on this game. It's more superstition than anything else really.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If my memory serves me correct, we haven't beaten them since 1995.
Crap, you're right.

What a cluster fuck this organization has been for two decades.

Not just in Denver. We haven't beaten them since 1995. In 5 tries.

That doesn't seem possibly right but it is.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Broncos going back to mediocrity quickly with no QB and unproven coaches, especially on defense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Crap, you're right.

What a cluster fuck this organization has been for two decades.

Not just in Denver. We haven't beaten them since 1995. In 5 tries.

That doesn't seem possibly right but it is.
It's more coincidence than anything with such a small sample size.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Denver is traveling coming off a Monday night win. That often spells letdown. I feel good.

How interesting would this game be had Denver done the right thing and traded for Romo?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I wasn't impressed with Denver's D last night...the Chargers WR group seemed to be open, a LOT.

Big issue I saw was that the Chargers didn't get a lot of pressure on Siemien, but when they did his throws were not that great. So to me, if we can pressure him and cover, get our offense on the field then I think Zeke can run all over the Denver D.

Top Bottom