2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am not a reporter or claim to be balanced when it comes to Trump.

I think he is a joke and wil continue to illustrate that.
Then don't act like Clinton is the Mother Threasa of candidates if you don't review her laundry.

townsend

Banned
Maybe you could buy this miserable failure out. :lol
I can't buy out any spoiled trust fund babies. Because I don't have a trust fund. What I do have is considerably more than the average poor son of a bitch who was dumb enough to trust Trump with their money.

townsend

Banned
Here's pretty much everything, I've been saying, and everyone who's been using their brains has been saying, in the form of an op Ed written by a career intelligence agent.

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton

http://nyti.ms/2aFaC1z

TLDR:Hillary's okay. Trump is a danger to national security.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Here's pretty much everything, I've been saying, and everyone who's been using their brains has been saying, in the form of an op Ed written by a career intelligence agent.

He also endorses Putin. :lol.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Have you been paying attention to the advisory committee who attends the security briefings with him. They are giving huge accolades. The President doesn't do the security protocols, they have staffs and agency heads for that. You and I could make intelligent decisions with that kind of feed back. It's not like the Hollywood versions.

http://my.xfinity.com/video/michael-flynn-on-trump-s-security-briefing-intel-comments/746201667870/Comcast/FOXNews_newest

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Have you been paying attention to the advisory committee who attends the security briefings with him. They are giving huge accolades. The President doesn't do the security protocols, they have staffs and agency heads for that. You and I could make intelligent decisions with that kind of feed back. It's not like the Hollywood versions.

http://my.xfinity.com/video/michael-flynn-on-trump-s-security-briefing-intel-comments/746201667870/Comcast/FOXNews_newest
Except Trump's impulsive and can't stay on the reservation well enough to gracefully handle a Twitter account.

Also the article didn't endorse Putin, it commented on his chops as an intelligence agent. Which he's a very capable intelligence agent, which is likely also why Trump's advisory committee includes Mike Flynn a man who has this interesting bullet on his resume.

In retirement, Flynn was described by the Washington Post as "not hostile to Russia,"[23] while Michael Crowley of Vox described Flynn as having "an odd affection for Russia and its authoritarian government."[24]

After retiring from service with the U.S. government, Flynn began appearing semi-regularly as an analyst on RT, a Kremlin-aligned English-language news outlet.[23][24][25] In 2015, Flynn attended a gala dinner in Moscow in honor of RT, where he was seated two seats away from Russian president Vladimir Putin.[25] Before attending the event, Flynn gave a paid talk on world affairs to a group; Flynn defended the Russian payment in an interview with Michael Isikoff.[25][26] Journalist Michael Crowley of Politico reported that "At a moment of semi-hostility between the U.S. and Russia, the presence of such an important figure at Putin's table startled" U.S. officials.[25]

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Except Trump's impulsive and can't stay on the reservation well enough to gracefully handle a Twitter account.

Also the article didn't endorse Putin, it commented on his chops as an intelligence agent. Which he's a very capable intelligence agent, which is likely also why Trump's advisory committee includes Mike Flynn a man who has this interesting bullet on his resume.
I think Trump is as good or better than Obama's decision making processes. I also think Obama has gone against his advisors in pursuit of his own agendas. I further think Trump has expressed what his mandates are toward the war on terror where the current administration has moved away from it. He is vocal about national security and Hillary says we need to extend love to the ISIS and other terrorist groups. I have more reservations with that approach than I do with the possibility that Putin may be a better KGB agent.

We aren't going to reconcile so a response isn't necessary for me.

townsend

Banned
I think Trump is as good or better than Obama's decision making processes.
Based on what? Trump Steaks? Trump Vodka? The USFL? His jokes about assassinating Hillary? His intention to "go after terrorists families? Let's be honest, there's nothing Trump has done to prove he has good decision making ability. If he were the democrat nominee we'd be on the same side right now. You're just so brainwashed by red vs blue politics that there's literally no one you wouldn't say is better than Obama and Hillary, even a guy whose own party recognizes as a threat the the country.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I think Trump is as good or better than Obama's decision making processes. I also think Obama has gone against his advisors in pursuit of his own agendas. I further think Trump has expressed what his mandates are toward the war on terror where the current administration has moved away from it. He is vocal about national security and Hillary says we need to extend love to the ISIS and other terrorist groups. I have more reservations with that approach than I do with the possibility that Putin may be a better KGB agent.

We aren't going to reconcile so a response isn't necessary for me.
:lol

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
To say it's pathetic that it's come down to these two candidates is an understatement. We're in major trouble if this is the best America has to offer. But Im sure its just that our best and brightest don't want to wallow in the mud of politics nor could they probably get close to being nominated even if they did.

But I'll never vote for Hillary who is just an habitual liar who leaves a massive trail of corruption wherever she goes. Not to mention having her continue the liberal social engineering or being able to appoint the next 3-4 Supreme Court judges. Trump is definitely flawed but I'd rather take my chances with him knowing he'd likely be in a CEO type role leading while listening to the people around him in his cabinet. But I doubt he'll win. Demographics have changed so much over the last decade that any GOP candidate would have trouble winning. Plus it's an up hill fight when most of the media does the bidding for the Dem candidate basically acting like surrogates of their campaign. They've always been left-leaning, at least during my lifetime. But now they don't even try to hide it led by the likes of MSNBC and CNN, and the three major networks are almost as bad.

Also, with Trump being a GOP outsider and having run against the GOP establishment, many of them are against him and would rather have Hillary in office to continue business as usual. It sickens me to think of Hillary as President, but I've basically figured that would be the case no matter who the GOP candidate was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Kasich would have soundly beaten Hillary, but (R) went full retard with Trump.
Because in todays politics the nomination either has to be fixed (Hilary) or they have to say extremely outlandish things to get the attention of the public and get nominated (Trump). Someone like Kasich isn't a cutthroat schemer to fix an election and he isn't outlandish and over the top like Trump. So instead he gets put in the background.

townsend

Banned
I think Kasich would have soundly beaten Hillary, but (R) went full retard with Trump.
Agreed. Hillary masterminded an election year where no other serious candidate would challenge her, Trump benefitted from a vile and idiotic plurality hijacking a primary that had all the other voters split between 15 candidates.

I don't like Kasich's politics, but he seems less corrupt and at least as qualified as Hillary. I think I would have voted for him, in hopes of a less shitty democrat candidate in 2020.

townsend

Banned
Weirdly a Joe Biden would have probably clinched primary for Sanders. The Dems only running one establishment candidate was the only reason we didn't have a left and right wing anti establishment candidate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Based on what? Trump Steaks? Trump Vodka? The USFL? His jokes about assassinating Hillary? His intention to "go after terrorists families? Let's be honest, there's nothing Trump has done to prove he has good decision making ability. If he were the democrat nominee we'd be on the same side right now. You're just so brainwashed by red vs blue politics that there's literally no one you wouldn't say is better than Obama and Hillary, even a guy whose own party recognizes as a threat the the country.
Here. Take this postage stamp and pen to note and highlight Obama's presidential career then get back to me.

townsend

Banned
Here. Take this postage stamp and pen to note and highlight Obama's presidential career then get back to me.
Killed Bin Laden. Created a treaty with Iran that prevented them from acquiring nuclear weapons, already resulting in some good faith interactions from a country that would otherwise be a nuclear threat at this point.

3,222 air strikes against Isis resulting the destruction of 58 tanks, 184 Humvees, 673 fighting positions and 980 buildings or barracks. All without large scale deployments that would have actually cost military lives. Right now Isis has been soundly beaten up and are in preparation to lose their beloved Caliphate.

Obama has normalized relationships with Cuba, repealed the abominable "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy. Most importantly we've lost significantly less soldiers in his 8 years in office than we did during his predecessor's. Even the gaffes like Libya were completed cleanly without the loss of US lives.

But I'm sure a Trump, who shits on gold star families, shits on POWs, lies about donations to veterans, doesn't know what the nuclear triad is, doesn't understand the nuance of nuclear treaties, doesn't know Russia is in Ukraine, hires Russian friendly advisors, wants to pull us out of NATO, wants to tank the world economy by negotiating the national debt, can't even assemble a decent campaign staff, and has the temperament of an angry toddler is a much better option. Based on his complete lack worth of real world accomplishments, other than launching a clothing line and a reality TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom