Cowboys Week 1 Injuries: Scandrick breaks hand, Awuzie tweaks ankle

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
By: Matthew Braunginn

All in all, the Cowboys came out pf their 19-3 win over the New York Giants relatively healthy. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick was the worse for wear, leaving the game in the second quarter after assisting in a tackle scrum against Giants running back, Paul Perkins. Scandrick didn’t return to the game.

There seems to be conflicting reports about the injury. After the game Jones revealed that he has a fractured hand, but doesn’t believe it will stop Scandrick from playing.

But Scandrick is saying that he’s going to have surgery tomorrow and will be out one to two weeks.

Anthony Brown came in full time and looked good doing so, giving up only one reception for six yards, on four targets.

This is a good sign if Scandrick ends up missing any time.

Dallas Cowboys team writer David Helman is reporting that backup CB Chidobe Awuzie said he tweaked his ankle at the end of the game, but indications are he should be fine.

With Scandrick’s fractured hand and Awuzie, rookie Jourdan Lewis may end up with some extended playing time against the Broncos next week.

Lewis sat out today’s game while he continues to recover from a hamstring injury.

Wideout Terrance Williams also left the game, but briefly. Williams planted his foot on that of the cornerback and had to limp off the field. Williams went back into the locker room, only to return with about five minutes left in the first quarter. Williams ended up with six receptions for 68 yards for the game.

After the game though, with adrenaline dropping, precaution was taken.

Overall the Cowboys are coming out fairly healthy in a physical game, this is good, especially leaving with a W.

midswat

... soon
Spraining the inside arch of our foot?

I've literally never heard of that happening before. Sounds like something that would affect your speed. Hope it doesn't linger.

Newt

DCC 4Life

I've literally never heard of that happening before. Sounds like something that would affect your speed. Hope it doesn't linger.
When I saw it live I thought he had rolled it pretty bad, glad it minor, he had a pretty good game after Butler almost took his job by hauling in the deep ball down the right side.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I dealt with plantar fasciitis over twenty years ago, it is not fun. It still flares up now and again so I always keep an ankle brace with an arch support handy. I also have inserts for my shoes to support the arch.

This isn't exactly the same thing but any kind of sprain in your foot can be debilitating. It could also be a stress fracture. They vary by degree like any sprains, breaks, etc.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Williams turned his ankle, it's not serious unless it's a high ankle and there's about no chance it's that because he wouldn't have been able to come back in.

Maybe he misses a game but I doubt it.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
When I saw it live I thought he had rolled it pretty bad, glad it minor, he had a pretty good game after Butler almost took his job by hauling in the deep ball down the right side.

That had to be what drove him back so quickly.

Top Bottom