MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Looks like I get to say a tearful goodbye to Gallo.

Nobody could strikeout better at the Major League level....

I called it. Lucroy and Jeffress.
I don't think Gallo is part of that deal. Brinson and Ortiz is being reported.

dallen

Senior Tech
Looks like I get to say a tearful goodbye to Gallo.

Nobody could strikeout better at the Major League level....

I called it. Lucroy and Jeffress.
Nope. No Gallo and no Profar. A pretty good haul

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think Gallo is part of that deal. Brinson and Ortiz is being reported.
Yep. I posted that before all of the details. They had been discussing him all weekend so I just assumed he was in the deal.

Of all the guys we traded I hate losing Ortiz the most. However adding Beltran and Lucroy to the lineup is Going to be fun to watch. If somehow we can get Choo back and to stay healthy. Plus adding to the bullpen.

Just a great haul.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Carlos Beltran to Rangers for Dillon Tate and another.
That's an excellent trade for the Rangers.

They essentially replaced, and then some, the bat they lost with Fielder going down.

They upgraded in every possible way by acquiring Beltran.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
That's an excellent trade for the Rangers.

They essentially replaced, and then some, the bat they lost with Fielder going down.

They upgraded in every possible way by acquiring Beltran.
Rangers have to be the favorite to win the world series now. Great trade for both teams. I think Dillon Tate is better than his ERA this season suggests. Just needs to be 100% healthy and hes only been in minor league baseball for a season

Rev

Staff member
Rangers have to be the favorite to win the world series now. Great trade for both teams. I think Dillon Tate is better than his ERA this season suggests. Just needs to be 100% healthy and hes only been in minor league baseball for a season
From what I read they were tinkering with his mechanics some. That may be the cause of the bloated ERA. He should do well now that he is out of the system. I'm starting to question our ability to develop pitching. Seems like other than Perez and Kela we have had to trade or sign all pitchers.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep. I posted that before all of the details. They had been discussing him all weekend so I just assumed he was in the deal.

Of all the guys we traded I hate losing Ortiz the most. However adding Beltran and Lucroy to the lineup is Going to be fun to watch. If somehow we can get Choo back and to stay healthy. Plus adding to the bullpen.

Just a great haul.
Two guys with over .340 OBP too.

That's quite the haul to an already solid lineup.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Just a great haul.
The Rangers are primed to win the AL, that's for sure. They are giving up some really valuable prospects but still have some and then have young guys like Mazara and Profar already up. The only thing I would worry about as a Rangers fan would be that they have given up their two best SP prospects in these deals. No one will care if they win the World Series this year, but still...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

I'm going to the game Friday night.

W00t!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Very good trade deadline...hate to give up Herrera, but Bruce is a stud.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Red Sox need an arm badly.

They rumored to be in for Sale that has since been shot down. If they want any shot at the division, they absolutely have to acquire starting pitching.

Their staff just isn't good enough as it stands.

Rev

Staff member
The Rangers are primed to win the AL, that's for sure. They are giving up some really valuable prospects but still have some and then have young guys like Mazara and Profar already up. The only thing I would worry about as a Rangers fan would be that they have given up their two best SP prospects in these deals. No one will care if they win the World Series this year, but still...
They have a couple more in AA that are starting to take off in Arial Jurado and Yohander Mendez. I do think we have to worry but sometimes your window is now and have to take that shot. Will lose Beltre, Darvish, and Hamels soon so I think it's now. Will see if it pays off.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm happy with those trades. I think we needed bullpen help even more than starting. We will get Holland and Colby back and we will be fine. Just have to hang in there long enough to do so, and we just added to our offense exponentially.

Rev

Staff member
[MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

I'm going to the game Friday night.

W00t!
I was at this past Fridays game and had a lot of fun. Missed the Michael Young induction to the Ranger Hall of Fame ceremony by one stinking day.

Have 2 more games for sure to go to this year. Sept. 3rd against the Astros and Oct. 2nd against the Rays. Then I'm sure I will go to at least one playoff game...

Rev

Staff member
Red Sox need an arm badly.

They rumored to be in for Sale that has since been shot down. If they want any shot at the division, they absolutely have to acquire starting pitching.

Their staff just isn't good enough as it stands.
White Sox were Just crazy with their expectations. We just traded 3 of the 6 they wanted and got 3 all stars.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Well, the Cubs did a lot to shore up their bullpen via trade I guess. Obviously Chapman is the big fish but Mike Montgomery is a quality LHP that is cheap for a few more years and should help them. They added vet Joe Smith from LAA at the deadline. Not quite sure why they added him but I think mostly for depth. He has traditionally been really tough on righties but not as much of a split this year as usual. I also suspect it is because they will stretch Trevor Cahill out to the the long man/emergency 6th starter since they no longer have Adam Warren.

Believe it or not Joe Nathan has looked pretty good in limited action since he came back as well. His velocity is where it should be and he is a savvy vet. Carl Edwards, Jr. (aka CJ Edwards) has looked awesome out of the pen though. I am excited about what I am seeing out of him. The average velocity of his 4 seam fastball is sitting at 95.7 right now and he's throwing strikes and mowing people down. Pretty electric stuff.

Rev

Staff member
Had heard Nathan wanted to come back but didn't realize the Cubs signed him. Hope to see him try to bat or play left field.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Had heard Nathan wanted to come back but didn't realize the Cubs signed him. Hope to see him try to bat or play left field.
:lol

That was a nice play out there by Travis Wood last night. Not the first time they have done that this year where they move him from pitcher to LF & back to pitcher. Also Lester getting the squeeze bunt down with 2 strikes for the walk off was totally clutch.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's pretty clear with all these trades that the Rangers are going all in for a shot at a title this year, knowing the Twins will be running the AL for the next 10-12 years

Top Bottom