Rolando McClain suspended 10 games

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Garrett has made over 20 million dollars so far being Jerry's bitch. Why would he change now?
I don't think he can change. He is either over his head or is comfortable as Jones lap dog but don't look for things to get a lot better if depth has to be called on this season. If so then it's all on Garrett.

data

Forbes #1
This is getting up there with the 90s suspensions.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As long as it gets Garrett canned. His way is not working, plain and simple..
Last year just reaffirmed to me that he's marginal at best and that he's a fake disciplinarian.

It's laughable that Hardy got away with as much as he did without so much as a fine or reduction in playing time.

Jerry and Garrett have fostered an environment where there's no consequences for misconduct. Unless you're a fringe player who's only hanging on to a roster spot by a thread.....then "tough guy" Garrett has no problem puffing out his chest.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Last year just reaffirmed to me that he's marginal at best and that he's a fake disciplinarian.

It's laughable that Hardy got away with as much as he did without so much as a fine or reduction in playing time.

Jerry and Garrett have fostered an environment where there's no consequences for misconduct. Unless you're a fringe player who's only hanging on to a roster spot by a thread.....then "tough guy" Garrett has no problem puffing out his chest.
very disappointing mcclain hasnt been cut after this news

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty down on the team as well but if the running game is as good as we expect it to be there's a chance they can hide the defense like they did in 2014.

Remember in 2014 the talent on defense was average at best but thanks to the Cowboys dominating TOP they were able to pull off a very good season.
Carter had 5 picks. Durant, McClain-- each had strong contributions. The LB corps is very below average unless Lee is dominating. I'd love for Hitchens to take the next step, but I don't see that happening.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Carter had 5 picks. Durant, McClain-- each had strong contributions. The LB corps is very below average unless Lee is dominating. I'd love for Hitchens to take the next step, but I don't see that happening.
Durant played in about 5 games that year, Carter and McClain were good but inconsistent, especially McClain who hardly played in the playoffs. Our LB corps completely depends on Lee, if he's healthy we'll be fine but that's obviously a huge if.

Wilber played more snaps in 2014 than Durant, that's for certain.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm willing to take a chance on that.
I wasn't saying that to suggest keeping Red Pube, but I don't think there is a coach on the planet that Jones won't run over when he feels like it. Wait until his death is the best shot.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Durant played in about 5 games that year, Carter and McClain were good but inconsistent, especially McClain who hardly played in the playoffs. Our LB corps completely depends on Lee, if he's healthy we'll be fine but that's obviously a huge if.

Wilber played more snaps in 2014 than Durant, that's for certain.
Wasn't saying these guys are major building blocks or anything, but each contributed and played over their heads in 2014.

Who will be those guys in 2016?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wasn't saying that to suggest keeping Red Pube, but I don't think there is a coach on the planet that Jones won't run over when he feels like it. Wait until his death is the best shot.
Just wait. We get to have Stephen go senile as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He's doing training camp in Alabama.

It's not unusual for players to do this sort of thing when they have kids who don't live with them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

No team explanation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No team explanation.
Well yeah, I don't think they can really say it's because he is going to be cut just yet. So they don't say anything. It's not that complicated. The Cowboys have moved on in every way except paperwork.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

No team explanation.
Other Tweets have said that some players are permitted to travel on their own.

If that's the case, it is even worse.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well yeah, I don't think they can really say it's because he is going to be cut just yet. So they don't say anything. It's not that complicated. The Cowboys have moved on in every way except paperwork.
They haven't done dick. They are still in the stage where people are trying to talk Jerry into getting rid of his cracked ass.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good riddance.

I didn't even want him back for the 2015 season, much less this one.

I was worried about his dedication to football even when he was coming off of a good season:

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?4244-McClain-Carter-or-Durant

McClain was great to watch at times, but he's simply got too many question marks for my liking. His dedication to the game, his unstable mentality, and the constant injuries are just way too much to invest in for a guy with his history, not to mention that we already have one unreliable player in Sean Lee who plays the same position.

Top Bottom