2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nope. Petraeus, Cheney and Oliver North would be better candidates than Trump. Corruption is bad, corruption and incompetence is worse. As bad as Hillary is, she actually knows what's happenings in the world, unlike Trump.
Cheney? Uh, no. I get the experience thing, but he is as bad as Hillary.

townsend

Banned
Cheney? Uh, no. I get the experience thing, but he is as bad as Hillary.
He's way worse then Hillary, he straight up engineered a useless war, Hillary sent some emails she wasn't supposed to and manipulated party politics. But Cheney's still not a guy who would threaten to pull out of NATO, or attempt to negotiate down the national debt, or attempt the mass deportation of 11 million people, or has to have foreign policy 101 explained to him on the debate stage. Even a person who has no scruples whatsoever (not that anyone could accuse Trump of being scrupulous) is going to have a vested interest in preventing a worldwide economic collapse.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Nope. Petraeus, Cheney and Oliver North would be better candidates than Trump. Corruption is bad, corruption and incompetence is worse. As bad as Hillary is, she actually knows what's happenings in the world, unlike Trump.
I agree. I'd vote for Satan before trump.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I agree. I'd vote for Satan before trump.
Both candidates are an embarrassment to us and still can't believe one of them is going to represent us. It's going to be a long 4 to 8 years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's basically what voting for Hilary is.

I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point.
I have always known I would not vote for Clinton under any circumstance. I already knew some things about her that made my decision a clear cut one. Some of the stuff that has been revealed recently is an indicator of what she has always been.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have always known I would not vote for Clinton under any circumstance. I already knew some things about her that made my decision a clear cut one. Some of the stuff that has been revealed recently is an indicator of what she has always been.
Yeah, it's never been a consideration to vote for Hilary. People can try to soften it all they want, but that lady would kill your child in it's sleep to get to the presidency. She doesn't give a shit about the American people and never has. Even if she knew the path to make America better, which she doesn't, she wouldn't take it.

I don't think I can vote for Trump either. I just think he is kind of a joke. Probably less evil then Hilary but more careless and less calculated.

So I guess it's Gary Johnson at this point. Who I think is easily better then those two options. But my motivation to get out and vote is probably at an all time low.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, it's never been a consideration to vote for Hilary. People can try to soften it all they want, but that lady would kill your child in it's sleep to get to the presidency. She doesn't give a shit about the American people and never has. Even if she knew the path to make America better, which she doesn't, she wouldn't take it.

I don't think I can vote for Trump either. I just think he is kind of a joke. Probably less evil then Hilary but more careless and less calculated.

So I guess it's Gary Johnson at this point. Who I think is easily better then those two options. But my motivation to get out and vote is probably at an all time low.
While I understand your position I am almost a zealot this election to cast my vote in the spirit of block the Clinton grip.

townsend

Banned
That's basically what voting for Hilary is.

I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point.
But do you really think Trump is any way morally superior? Any amount of power he's had he's abused. Trump's a perfect center of the Venn diagram describing people who shouldn't be president. Uninformed, incompetent, authoritarian, temperamental, and arrogant.

Seriously, if the guy did what he says he wants to do he could trigger economic catatrophe, threaten the structure that kept the Cold War cold, bankrupt the country (like Greece level bankruptcy), and commit war crimes. That's things that he's thought up on his best behavior, when he's supposed to be appealing to voters.

Even if Hillary was the spawn in a 3 way between Nixon, Cheney, and the pagan God Baal. (Which she's actually willing to show her tax returns unlike Trump) it's a night and day comparison. Trump has not demonstrated enough qualifications to be a junior staffer for the President. Hillary has been an integral part of two presidential administrations. She'll know more about being president on her first day in office, than Trump would on his last.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But do you really think Trump is any way morally superior? Any amount of power he's had he's abused. Trump's a perfect center of the Venn diagram describing people who shouldn't be president. Uninformed, incompetent, authoritarian, temperamental, and arrogant.

Seriously, if the guy did what he says he wants to do he could trigger economic catatrophe, threaten the structure that kept the Cold War cold, bankrupt the country (like Greece level bankruptcy), and commit war crimes. That's things that he's thought up on his best behavior, when he's supposed to be appealing to voters.

Even if Hillary was the spawn in a 3 way between Nixon, Cheney, and the pagan God Baal. (Which she's actually willing to show her tax returns unlike Trump) it's a night and day comparison. Trump has not demonstrated enough qualifications to be a junior staffer for the President. Hillary has been an integral part of two presidential administrations. She'll know more about being president on her first day in office, than Trump would on his last.
Sometimes I prefer the unknown to what I already know is devils spawn. Trump is basically a giant wild card that no one knows what the hell he will do.

Like I said, they are both god awful and I'd probably feel ashamed of myself to vote for either.

townsend

Banned
Sometimes I prefer the unknown to what I already know is devils spawn. Trump is basically a giant wild card that no one knows what the hell he will do.

Like I said, they are both god awful and I'd probably feel ashamed of myself to vote for either.
I feel like picking your poison is a much more important fight to take on than picking your dessert. Yes both candidates are bad, but one will more or less be W and Obama rolled into one. But when the 2020 election rolls around do you see the country being much different than it is today?

What about after a Trump Presidency? Even looking at this from a Republican point of view, I'd prefer my 2020 candidate be anyone but Trump, so the thought of him as an incumbent is a horrible prospect for conservatives.

Also as a Libertarian, you can't say that his rhetoric doesn't seem more terrifying and authoritarian than even Hillary's. He doubles down on discrimination against Muslims that fly in the face of the first Amendment, and wants to "go after" Isis families That's the wrong kind of wild card.

I know the Hitler comparison is worn out, but it's one that Kasich and Ryan have made. So it's not exactly just partisan liberal rhetoric.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I agree. Trump is an unknown factor. It's amazing how some has painted him with the devil image. Most of the depictions are subjective an in some cases arbitrary to the point of pure fabrication.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like picking your poison is a much more important fight to take on than picking your dessert. Yes both candidates are bad, but one will more or less be W and Obama rolled into one. But when the 2020 election rolls around do you see the country being much different than it is today?

What about after a Trump Presidency? Even looking at this from a Republican point of view, I'd prefer my 2020 candidate be anyone but Trump, so the thought of him as an incumbent is a horrible prospect for conservatives.
And looking at it from a Democratic point of view, I'd prefer my 2020 candidate be anyone but Hilary.

If you're suggesting that Hilary is Obama and W rolled into one I have no idea where you get that comparison from. As a human being she embodies basically none of their qualities.

Genghis Khan

I'm really not interested in voting lesser of two evils right now. I'm leaning Johnson (whom I don't love) at this point, or not voting at all.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
While I understand your position I am almost a zealot this election to cast my vote in the spirit of block the Clinton grip.
I'm sure you live in a Team Red state, so it really doesn't matter if you vote for president at all. Only a handful of states matter.

townsend

Banned
And looking at it from a Democratic point of view, I'd prefer my 2020 candidate be anyone but Hilary.

If you're suggesting that Hilary is Obama and W rolled into one I have no idea where you get that comparison from. As a human being she embodies basically none of their qualities.
She's a party democrat with a deep interventionist streak, likely she'll be content to keep the ball rolling on some things Obama was doing especially the things he was doing while she was Secretary of State. But she was also a person who can get talked into a war, likes boots on the ground, and frankly is more corrupt than Obama, which is to say about as corrupt as Bush.

I'd love to be in the position where I could have an "anyone but Hillary" stance, and if the GOP hadn't completely melted down, I could. If Kasich or Rubio had made it to the nomination I'd be asbolutely be willing to vote for them to bank on a better democrat candidate. But unlike Hillary, there's no way you can predict that the country will be more or less in the same condition in 2020 of Trump's elected.

townsend

Banned
I'm really not interested in voting lesser of two evils right now. I'm leaning Johnson (whom I don't love) at this point, or not voting at all.
I'm all about people voting for Johnson. A strong Libertarian showing would be a good road sign for a demolished GOP to look to for a decent party platform.

Genghis Khan

Don't sleep on Satan btw. He's held his position for a long time, so he has experience governing, and has demonstrated a level of competency in his duties that these candidates could only dream of.

townsend

Banned
Don't sleep on Satan btw. He's held his position for a long time, so he has experience governing, and has demonstrated a level of competency in his duties that these candidates could only dream of.
I've never understood why religious people assume he's in charge of Hell. Did God make hell and then put the guy he made it for in charge? That doesn't make sense. At best he's like the person in charge of the largest prison gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom