Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
Summary of this convention from the eyes of traditional GOPers:

Conservative writer Ron Fournier:

Ron Fournier ✔ @ron_fournier
Well done, @realDonaldTrump. You made Democrats a party of sunny patriotism and values.

You sure @billclinton didn't ask you to run?
8:48 PM - 28 Jul 2016

National Review editor Jonah Goldberg:

Jonah Goldberg ✔ @JonahNRO
Why this convention is better: It's about loving America. GOP convention was about loving Trump. If you didn't love Trump, it offered nada.
8:26 PM - 28 Jul 2016

John Podhoretz, former Ronald Reagan speech writer and Commentary editor:

John Podhoretz ✔ @jpodhoretz
Take about five paragraphs out of that Obama speech and it could have been a Reagan speech. Trust me. I know.
11:15 PM - 27 Jul 2016

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld:

GregGutfeld ✔ @greggutfeld
if repubs had championed their principles with specifics rather than embrace autocracy - they wouldn't have yielded this turf to dems.
8:43 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Conservative blogger Erick Erickson:

Erick Erickson ✔ @EWErickson
For Republicans who are not social conservatives, I have to imagine last night and tonight at the DNC are having an impact on them.
8:43 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Conservative Iowa radio host Steve Deace:

Steve Deace @SteveDeaceShow
So most of conservative media and the GOP spent the week rooting for Russia, and now the Democrats get to rally around the flag.

Dreadful.
9:31 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Conservative Wisconsin radio host Charlie Sykes:

Charlie Sykes @SykesCharlie
Snark aside: GOP needs to understand what is happening to them tonight…
8:59 PM - 28 Jul 2016 · Wisconsin, USA, United States

Charlie Sykes @SykesCharlie
Do you know how old I am? Old enough to remember when speeches like this would've been given at GOP convention… Not Dem one. Brutal.
8:34 PM - 28 Jul 2016 · Wisconsin, USA, United States

Rich Galen, press secretary for Dick Cheney:

Rich Galen @richgalen
How can it be that I am standing at my kitchen counter sobbing because of the messages being driven at the DNC? Where has the GOP gone?
8:38 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Conservative ops veteran Matt Mackowiak

Matt Mackowiak @MattMackowiak
This Democratic convention has been an unmitigated disaster for the GOP. Very well produced. Unifying. Patriotic. Bravo.#DNCinPHL
9:29 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Amanda Carpenter, former spokeswoman for Sen. Ted Cruz:

Amanda Carpenter ✔ @amandacarpenter
I am sure hearing a lot more about God and faith at the DNC than the RNC.
10:02 PM - 27 Jul 2016

Conservative blogger AGConservative:

(((AG))) @AG_Conservative
Still stunned. Feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Obama just defended America & conservative values from attacks by the Republican nominee.
11:10 PM - 27 Jul 2016

Commentary editor Noah Rothman:

Noah Rothman @NoahCRothman
Republicans could have stopped all this.
10:09 PM - 28 Jul 2016

Daily Caller Writer Jamie Weinstein:

Jamie Weinstein ✔ @Jamie_Weinstein
Now an immigrant medal of honor winner? If the goal is to reach independents and conservatives uneasy w/ Trump, well done Democrats
8:32 PM - 28 Jul 2016

townsend

Banned
If Hillary does not get a sizeable bump from this convention she is in real trouble.
The election's still Clinton's to lose, the electoral map still favors democrats. Trump's still gonna struggle to match Romney's turn out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we will see a lot of Democrats go Green Party and a lot of Republicans go Libertarian. Its unfortunate that they can't all go for one third party candidate because then you may see a real impact. The problem is the Green Party candidate is a lot like Bernie so his supporter will flock that direction.

townsend

Banned
I think we will see a lot of Democrats go Green Party and a lot of Republicans go Libertarian. Its unfortunate that they can't all go for one third party candidate because then you may see a real impact. The problem is the Green Party candidate is a lot like Bernie so his supporter will flock that direction.
I really think minority turn out will dictate the election. More than typical political participants. Trump is setting new standards of bad polling among every minority demographics, I think he might be bad enough to overcome a lot of the apathy. Add to that a lot of the voter ID laws getting struck down and I think this might be an election Latin voters will really flex their muscles on.

Jiggyfly

Banned

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I notice the gentleman didn't ask Hillary whether she had made sacrifices. The answer is no. It doesn't matter that he was Muslim his loss is the same as any other parents who have had the same experience. It was a ploy designed to make a statement the was to be incriminating against someone who had no responsibility for their son's death. The fact that he was Muslim was supposed to make Trump look like his stance on how to deal with the extreme Muslim terrorist contributed to his death. His sacrifice is as an American combat troop and should be respected in that vain.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Further Trumps position on Musilms deals with those who are trying to enter the country and that doesn't fit the circumstances of the Kahns. It is a pretty low scheme to drag this poor family into this battle just so the Hillary campaign can try to make some inroads at this families expense.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I notice the gentleman didn't ask Hillary whether she had made sacrifices. The answer is no. It doesn't matter that he was Muslim his loss is the same as any other parents who have had the same experience. It was a ploy designed to make a statement the was to be incriminating against someone who had no responsibility for their son's death. The fact that he was Muslim was supposed to make Trump look like his stance on how to deal with the extreme Muslim terrorist contributed to his death. His sacrifice is as an American combat troop and should be respected in that vain.
If you think they were making the point that Trump is responsible for the son's death, you missed the point entirely.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Further, the point was that Trump's proposed ban on Muslims would have kept them from immigrating, thus meaning their son never would have been around to give his life for this country.

It may be moot though, seeing as Trump may have changed his mind at dinner last night. Not that he ever meant it, or could have done it Constitutionally. It was all just a ploy to rile up the lowest common denominator.

Not that I believe Hillary is anything other than ambitious herself, I was struck by the contrast in tone between the two conventions. The RNC was all about how America sucks right now, oh, does it suck. Everything is awful, and Daddy will fix it with his business prowess. The DNC was a lot closer to "Morning in America."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you think they were making the point that Trump is responsible for the son's death, you missed the point entirely.
Maybe so but then why ask what have you sacrificed. It was a hypothetical but it was predicated on entering illegally. To my knowledge they were citizens so to use the idea that they might not have entered just doesn't fit because of the timing. I don't believe that even Trump would have suggested a ban as early as 5 years ago. This idea was only after a huge migration began. I think this family was used unscrupulously. Trump would have been better off not to comment.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Maybe so but then why ask what have you sacrificed. It was a hypothetical but it was predicated on entering illegally. To my knowledge they were citizens so to use the idea that they might not have entered just doesn't fit because of the timing. I don't believe that even Trump would have suggested a ban as early as 5 years ago. This idea was only after a huge migration began. I think this family was used unscrupulously. Trump would have been better off not to comment.
You realize that his proposed ban is on all Muslim immigration. Illegal immigration is already, well, illegal.

The point was that here is this Muslim family who gave a child for this country, while a man who would have kept them from entering has given up nothing. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom