Rolando McClain suspended 10 games

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Other Tweets have said that some players are permitted to travel on their own.

If that's the case, it is even worse.
But, the team normally would have said that. Jerry: "Ro had some family issues and will join us tomorrow", or something similar. There has been no team explanation at all so far. I'm sure they will come up with some bullshit. They have every time for this fool.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But, the team normally would have said that. Jerry: "Ro had some family issues and will join us tomorrow", or something similar. There has been no team explanation at all so far. I'm sure they will come up with some bullshit. They have every time for this fool.
Give it time. Jerry has yet to speak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We already signed his replacement. There isn't any real mystery hear. The only mystery is how long it will take before the Cowboys officially announce he has been cut.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

See? McClain gets to do it like a VIP.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
McClain apparently doesn't have an excuse for missing that flight. just daring them to cut him now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's pretty clear that the plan is to cut him once they figure out how or if they can recoup some money.

Cotton

Staff member
It's pretty clear that the plan is to cut him once they figure out how or if they can recoup some money.
The money thing is just a lame excuse. They will only recoup $440k if they keep him through the entire suspension. 10/17th of his $750k signing bonus.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The money thing is just a lame excuse. They will only recoup $440k if they keep him through the entire suspension. 10/17th of his $750k signing bonus.
Why give away cap space if you don't have to?

Cotton

Staff member
Why give away cap space if you don't have to?
So, you have to make the decision if $440k is enough to warrant keeping this dipshit in our locker room for 10 weeks. Just $44k a week. To me, it's not.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, you have to make the decision if $440k is enough to warrant keeping this dipshit in our locker room for 10 weeks. Just $44k a week. To me, it's not.
He wouldn't be in the locker room. Or even at the facility, for that matter. Suspended players are not allowed to be with the team. He won't even count against the 53 man roster.

I see no problem with trying to recoup whatever money they can.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That 440k will pay for the 250k fine for all those suspended players...

Cotton

Staff member
He wouldn't be in the locker room. Or even at the facility, for that matter. Suspended players are not allowed to be with the team. He won't even count against the 53 man roster.

I see no problem with trying to recoup whatever money they can.
It's like Von Miller never really left
Oct 18, 2013
David Fleming
ESPN Senior Writer

DENVER -- Mere minutes after his Broncos teammates finish practice, a shirtless Von Miller, chicken wing in one hand and five playing cards in the other, fills the locker room with his trademark baritone staccato laugh.

It seems like business as usual at Denver's facility, despite the linebacker's much-publicized offseason problems that resulted in a six-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Before 2004, suspended players weren't allowed anywhere near the stadium, the practice facility or, most especially, the sanctity of the team's locker room. But thanks to a little-known provision in the league's drug policy, players who have been suspended for less than a year for substance-abuse infractions are permitted to continue working closely with their teams. (The same does not apply to PED violators like Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvin, who was banished from Seattle's facility during his four-game suspension to start this season.) Short of attending practice or games, players suspended for substance abuse can do everything that eligible players can. That includes lifting weights, watching film, receiving treatment, sitting in on team meetings -- and chilling in the locker room.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eh. Still don't see the problem. We can't get the fucker to show up when he can play. You think he'll show up when he can't play? I'd still try to recoup what we can. Why let a guy collect his pay for screwing over the team if you don't have to?

Cotton

Staff member
Eh. Still don't see the problem. We can't get the fucker to show up when he can play. You think he'll show up when he can't play? I'd still try to recoup what we can. Why let a guy collect his pay for screwing over the team if you don't have to?
I don't want him in my locker room if I'm the Cowboys. Not over a measly $440k. GTFO.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't want him in my locker room if I'm the Cowboys. Not over a measly $440k. GTFO.
Do you think he actually is actually going to step foot in the locker room? Suspended players don't get to do that.

Cotton

Staff member
Do you think he actually is actually going to step foot in the locker room? Suspended players don't get to do that.
Did you not see the article I posted above?

Top Bottom