2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This article isn't accurate. Trump didn't attribute that the DNC emails were hacked by the Russians, that was perpetrated by a member of the DNC. The following day Trump sarcastically said that if the Russians had Hillary's emails they should deliver them.
That's all you got out of that article.:lol

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
One thing we know for reasonably sure is that Trump has already given a list of SC nominees. That to me may be one of the 2 most important impacts this next president will have on this country. I know Hillary will not pick the type of judges that would support the Constitution. Therefore her impact would extend far beyond her 4 year reign. She has been a disaster at foreign policy and perjured herself to no end. The mere fact she is still a candidate is mind boggling. It truly is a lesser of two evils thing and she is absolutely horrid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Protesters Break Through Democratic National Convention Security Fence

0:00
/
3:52
Seven protesters were arrested Wednesday night for breaching the gate into the area around the Democratic Convention that's controlled by the Secret Service. (Published Thursday, Jul 28, 2016)
Several protesters briefly broke through a security gate outside of the Wells Fargo Center just before President Barack Obama addressed Democratic National Convention attendees inside the arena.
Philadelphia Police said they detained seven people who breached the fence at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue. The Secret Service arrested the seven and said they faced felony charges for entering a restricted area. The protesters didn't enter the Wells Fargo Center, said authorities.
Democrats Highlight Diversity, But Face Gap With White Men
Police Commissioner Richard Ross said protesters were warned repeatedly not to breach the area.
"For whatever reason, they chose to do it anyway with multiple officers sitting there waiting for them, so it was over before it started," Ross said, explaining the situation never got tense for the officers, who were still in "soft" clothes rather than protective gear. "We're just not gonna let anything get out of hand," Ross said, adding that 99-percent of the people were not an issue, only a handful of instigators.
Fact Check: Democratic National Convention Day 3
Officers secured the fence and the crowd calmed down.

Separately, a woman was injured while trying to ‎put out a flag that was set on fire, according to NBC News. She was treated at the scene for burns on her leg.
One police officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries trying to stop someone from cutting into a fence at Broad and Geary streets -- slightly north of the arena, said Philadelphia Police.
Protesters Try to Push Through DNC Gate
Philadelphia Police turned the arrested protesters over to the Secret Service who took them to the city's Federal Detention Center for arraignment, said the Secret Service.
Published 4 hours ago

--------------------
This thing has really turned into a shitshow. I guess not everyone is drinking the koolaid of honest Hilary as Politifacts would try to make you believ.

D

Deuce

Say what you want about both candidates and their parties in general. Pretty much all of them make me sick these days. But some of those speeches last night were f'n great. Obama killed it and he deserves props for that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Say what you want about both candidates and their parties in general. Pretty much all of them make me sick these days. But some of those speeches last night were f'n great. Obama killed it and he deserves props for that.
Whatever, man.

~Waves Team Red flag in your face~

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Donald Trump tweets image of Nazi soldiers inside the U.S. flag, then deletes tweet

Donald Trump tweets image of Nazi soldiers inside the U.S. flag, then deletes tweet

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

/
Seven protesters were arrested Wednesday night for breaching the gate into the area around the Democratic Convention that's controlled by the Secret Service. (Published Thursday, Jul 28, 2016)
Several protesters briefly broke through a security gate outside of the Wells Fargo Center just before President Barack Obama addressed Democratic National Convention attendees inside the arena.
Philadelphia Police said they detained seven people who breached the fence at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue. The Secret Service arrested the seven and said they faced felony charges for entering a restricted area. The protesters didn't enter the Wells Fargo Center, said authorities.
Police Commissioner Richard Ross said protesters were warned repeatedly not to breach the area.
"For whatever reason, they chose to do it anyway with multiple officers sitting there waiting for them, so it was over before it started," Ross said, explaining the situation never got tense for the officers, who were still in "soft" clothes rather than protective gear. "We're just not gonna let anything get out of hand," Ross said, adding that 99-percent of the people were not an issue, only a handful of instigators.

Separately, a woman was injured while trying to ‎put out a flag that was set on fire, according to NBC News. She was treated at the scene for burns on her leg.
One police officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries trying to stop someone from cutting into a fence at Broad and Geary streets -- slightly north of the arena, said Philadelphia Police.
Philadelphia Police turned the arrested protesters over to the Secret Service who took them to the city's Federal Detention Center for arraignment, said the Secret Service.
Published 4 hours ago

--------------------
This thing has really turned into a shitshow. I guess not everyone is drinking the koolaid of honest Hilary as Politifacts would try to make you believ.
Just saw this tweet with footage

2233boys

Not So New Member

/

Published 4 hours ago

--------------------
We told them they couldn't force her down our throats. Been saying it at my local democratic meetings, online, and every time I have been polled.

I am not one to believe that the election was stolen, but the primary process was anything but fair. Media and DNC corrosion, along with media reporting super delegates, since April, and adding them to tallies since Iowa. It was a coronation, and it will be interesting to see if the democrats can get enough votes to get her elected without most under 45, and the most progressive wing of the party.

townsend

Banned
This is why you don't schedule things in Philly. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens at Eagles games and Springsteen concerts over there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is why you don't schedule things in Philly. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens at Eagles games and Springsteen concerts over there.
It could happen at the Wiggles in Philly. I'm guessing this isn't a Philly thing though; I doubt a lot of the protesters are from Philly.

townsend

Banned
It could happen at the Wiggles in Philly. I'm guessing this isn't a Philly thing though; I doubt a lot of the protesters are from Philly.
Mainly it's angry people, this is the angriest election we've encountered in a long time, and that's really scary.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Mainly it's angry people, this is the angriest election we've encountered in a long time, and that's really scary.
It will never get fixed. The ideological gulf is such that everyone takes an opposing viewpoint to be evidence of moral corruption. You can't express concern over the DNC's rigged primary without being a Trump supporter. And you can't point out the utter sleaziness of Trump without being a shill for Hillary.

With the internet, there is constant narrative-writing and self-affirmation on both sides. How long now have we been assured that, ok, you really dislike Candidate A, but Candidate B will mean the apocalypse? Never again will there be a Reagan winning 49 of 50 states.

townsend

Banned
It will never get fixed. The ideological gulf is such that everyone takes an opposing viewpoint to be evidence of moral corruption. You can't express concern over the DNC's rigged primary without being a Trump supporter. And you can't point out the utter sleaziness of Trump without being a shill for Hillary.

With the internet, there is constant narrative-writing and self-affirmation on both sides. How long now have we been assured that, ok, you really dislike Candidate A, but Candidate B will mean the apocalypse? Never again will there be a Reagan winning 49 of 50 states.
I think that the Internet has made an amazing series of echo chambers, which makes everybody that much more prone to see every issue in black and white. That's what's most obnoxious. Yes Bernie's more idealistically pure, and less corrupt, but he was a little out of touch. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but you'd be a fool to think he wasn't a flawed candidate.

Yes Hillary absolutely rigged the system, and frankly she's been spending the last 8 years building up so many political allies so that she can bypass the entire primary process. Which is definitely problematic. But it's ridiculous to pretend like she's that much more corrupt than the average politician. Any presidential candidate would be happy to take an easy path to the nomination, and after Hillary had whipped Bernie (much worse than any of the rigging could account for) he was the one lobbying super delegates to try and get the edge over her definitive win with normal delegates.

Frankly I blame the similar in fighting between the republicans for the emergence of Trump. Rubio and Kasich were decent candidates. But the deep division among the base ended in a least common denominator deciding who was the candidate. I'm now starting to be terrified that's how the presidential election will go.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom