Staff member
Defender and Joust as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No one played Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

You're either lying or were easily amused.

ET is widely recognized as arguably the worst game ever created in video game history.

If you actually liked that game, well.....I can't take your opinion on video games seriously.

Question: Did you play ET while eating McDonald's? :unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I played the Atari and Coleco because some cousins had it, but my first ever console was the NES.

My video game history goes like this:

NES, Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, PSP, Playstation 3, Wii, Playstation Vita, Playstation 4, Wii U.

I had a friend who had a Neo Geo CD and another pal who had a Turbografx 16, so I got to play those but never owned them.

D

Deuce

I played the Atari and Coleco because some cousins had it, but my first ever console was the NES.

My video game history goes like this:

NES, Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, PSP, Playstation 3, Wii, Playstation Vita, Playstation 4, Wii U.

I had a friend who had a Neo Geo CD and another pal who had a Turbografx 16, so I got to play those but never owned them.
I forgot about Dreamcast. My dad bought one of those because he worked on their exhibit at Epcot and was convinced it would be the next big thing. Of course it flamed, but Virtual Tennis, whatever their baseball game was called and their bass fishing game that came with an actual reel controller were the shit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I forgot about Dreamcast. My dad bought one of those because he worked on their exhibit at Epcot and was convinced it would be the next big thing. Of course it flamed, but Virtual Tennis, whatever their baseball game was called and their bass fishing game that came with an actual reel controller were the shit.
That console itself was excellent.

It didn't last long, but the amount of good games on it was very impressive.

dallen

Senior Tech
That console itself was excellent.

It didn't last long, but the amount of good games on it was very impressive.
The fact that you could just burn games to CD-R's and play them in the Dreamcast killed off Sega's last chance

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol

You're either lying or were easily amused.

ET is widely recognized as arguably the worst game ever created in video game history.

If you actually liked that game, well.....I can't take your opinion on video games seriously.

Question: Did you play ET while eating McDonald's? :unsure
I liked it. I was like 9 years old. :dunno

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fact that you could just burn games to CD-R's and play them in the Dreamcast killed off Sega's last chance
I forgot that. My buddy had a whole CD case filled with games he had burned. It was awesome.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I liked it. I was like 9 years old. :dunno
:laff

Warshaw intended the game to be an innovative adaptation of the film, and Atari thought it would achieve high sales figures based on its connection with the film, which was extremely popular throughout the world. Negotiations to secure the rights to make the game ended in late July 1982, giving Warshaw only five and a half weeks[2] to develop the game in time for the 1982 Christmas season. The result is often cited as one of the worst video games released and was one of the biggest commercial failures in video gaming history. The game's commercial failure and resulting effects on Atari are frequently cited as a contributing factor to the video game industry crash of 1983.
Did you ever see that landfill in New Mexico with all the ET cartridges in it? It was pretty cool to see them find it. It had been long rumored that it existed, but nobody ever proved it....until finally in 2014 they went looking for it and found it:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think I might pre-order it. Not sure if it will live up to the hype, but it looks pretty cool.
I'm getting it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting it.
I'll probably wait until some of you guys play it and then decide if it is worth buying. I'm sort of 50/50 on the game. I love open world but feel like this one may be boring to me due to a lack of action. But I also don't know enough about the game yet to make that decision.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm getting real tired of waiting for a Red Dead sequel announcement.

Top Bottom