2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've never understood why religious people assume he's in charge of Hell. Did God make hell and then put the guy he made it for in charge? That doesn't make sense. At best he's like the person in charge of the largest prison gang.
The answer is that God made hell for the devil and his followers to spend eternity in. At the final judgement they will all be cast into it. It is nebulous as to what hell is but it is clear that it is total seperation from God for all eternity. The gulf cannot be breached.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't like Hillary at all, but it is laughable to compare her qualifications to Trump.
Qualifications for what? It's a matter of how one views the office of the President. It is an executive office with executive duties. Hillary's experience has not been as an executive rather as a political position. Being a President entails having a cabinet and advisors who are the political liaisons. She only has experience as a Senator and agency head both of which are political engagements. Trump has been an executive most of his career.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've never understood why religious people assume he's in charge of Hell. Did God make hell and then put the guy he made it for in charge? That doesn't make sense. At best he's like the person in charge of the largest prison gang.
Not sure if you are referring to me but I'm not religious. My post was a joke.

That said, based on the bible I'm not sure it's clear there is a hell at all. But I'd say there's compelling evidence that he is the head evil guy. He tempted Eve, and he tempted Jesus.

townsend

Banned
Does "actual criminal" count as a qualification for President?
Don't act like Trump hasn't committed any crimes either. He's straight up bribed officials in Florida and TX to get out of hot water with Trump U. As bad as Hillary is, I can't see how anyone could think that Trump is any less corrupt.

townsend

Banned
Not sure if you are referring to me but I'm not religious. My post was a joke.

That said, based on the bible I'm not sure it's clear there is a hell at all. But I'd say there's compelling evidence that he is the head evil guy. He tempted Eve, and he tempted Jesus.
I was just more musing than anything else. Also not sure How God's public enemy #1 gets to roam around tempting people. Seems like some shoddy police work for an omnipotent/omniscient being.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't act like Trump hasn't committed any crimes either. He's straight up bribed officials in Florida and TX to get out of hot water with Trump U. As bad as Hillary is, I can't see how anyone could think that Trump is any less corrupt.
Interesting, I didn't name which one of them was a criminal. Very interesting that you jump to Hilary as being the criminal and feeling the need to defend her.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Qualifications for what? It's a matter of how one views the office of the President. It is an executive office with executive duties. Hillary's experience has not been as an executive rather as a political position. Being a President entails having a cabinet and advisors who are the political liaisons. She only has experience as a Senator and agency head both of which are political engagements. Trump has been an executive most of his career.
It isn't even close, you are delusional if you think otherwise. You need only listen to Trump for 1 minute to know, he is over his head.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It isn't even close, you are delusional if you think otherwise. You need only listen to Trump for 1 minute to know, he is over his head.
He may well be but Hillary is a known and proven corrupt individual that will compromise anything and everything to get her way. She has one single interest in mind and that is to build a personal legacy to prove to her unfaithful spouse that she can attain the same level as he did. The country be dammed.

2233boys

Not So New Member
He may well be but Hillary is a known and proven corrupt individual that will compromise anything and everything to get her way. She has one single interest in mind and that is to build a personal legacy to prove to her unfaithful spouse that she can attain the same level as he did. The country be dammed.
Don't disagree but she is far more qualified to be President than Donald Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't disagree but she is far more qualified to be President than Donald Trump.
We will just have to have a push on that. I won't be a party to putting a known character of criminal acts in that seat.

2233boys

Not So New Member
We will just have to have a push on that. I won't be a party to putting a known character of criminal acts in that seat.
It's not really an argument. Clinton is far more qualified it isn't even a debate.

townsend

Banned
Interesting, I didn't name which one of them was a criminal. Very interesting that you jump to Hilary as being the criminal and feeling the need to defend her.
How silly of me to make an assumption that the candidate who everyone's calling a criminal is the one you're referring to. Must have been a subliminal message I received while hearing all those "lock her up" chants from Trump and Bernie supporters.

Trump's salient criticisms has been against his temperament, his authoritarianism, his ignorance, his racism, and his divisiveness. Most people haven't even touched on the crimes he's likely committed.

Also 2233 was referencing "her qualifications" to which you responded "is actual criminal a qualification", so don't play coy. You know and I know you were referencing allegations against Hillary.

Frankly I don't believe Hillary is completely innocent. If some dumb E-5 had made a similar mistake he'd probably end up losing his clearance and possibly his career, and may have faced prosecution. So I'd say you're incorrect if you think I was defending her.

My point has been this entire time that even though Hillary is corrupt, Trump is definitely as much or more corrupt. Would you disagree with that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How silly of me to make an assumption that the candidate who everyone's calling a criminal is the one you're referring to. Must have been a subliminal message I received while hearing all those "lock her up" chants from Trump and Bernie supporters.

Trump's salient criticisms has been against his temperament, his authoritarianism, his ignorance, his racism, and his divisiveness. Most people haven't even touched on the crimes he's likely committed.

Also 2233 was referencing "her qualifications" to which you responded "is actual criminal a qualification", so don't play coy. You know and I know you were referencing allegations against Hillary.

Frankly I don't believe Hillary is completely innocent. If some dumb E-5 had made a similar mistake he'd probably end up losing his clearance and possibly his career, and may have faced prosecution. So I'd say you're incorrect if you think I was defending her.

My point has been this entire time that even though Hillary is corrupt, Trump is definitely as much or more corrupt. Would you disagree with that?
You don't know what Trump can do nor does anyone else for that matter. It's sheer nonsense to make abject conclusions about him when it it plain subjective conjecture.

townsend

Banned
You don't know what Trump can do nor does anyone else for that matter. It's sheer nonsense to make abject conclusions about him when it it plain subjective conjecture.
Have you ever hired anyone before, what process did you use to vet applicants? Was it qualifications, temperament, past work experience, recommendations of former colleagues and supervisors? How about the recommendations from the people who previously filled the job? that sounds like it should carry some weight. Did you use that information to determine how good an employee they may be?

What if you had an applicant that insulted you, insulted your company, had no meaningful recommendations, was despised by many of his colleges, had zero relevant experience and clearly couldn't even answer baseline level of knowledge questions for the job he was applying for, how would you rank him?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Have you ever hired anyone before, what process did you use to vet applicants? Was it qualifications, temperament, past work experience, recommendations of former colleagues and supervisors? How about the recommendations from the people who previously filled the job? that sounds like it should carry some weight. Did you use that information to determine how good an employee they may be?
What if you had an applicant that insulted you, insulted your company, had no meaningful recommendations, was despised by many of his colleges, had zero relevant experience and clearly couldn't even answer baseline level of knowledge questions for the job he was applying for, how would you rank him?
If you have interviews and consultations with Trump and his close circle of friends and staff then I will put some credence in your depictions. Until then your statements are nothing more then subjective derived conclusions. Even your example for your logic requires that there is a face to face encounter. Have you been in this type proximity to Trump?

All your analysis is based on events and stories you have read or observed then made a determination of how you think it should be presented. As I said before, none of us really are in a position to assess his capabilities. We can only draw subjective conclusions.

It doesn't sway me when you make assessments without the benefit of solid evidence or direct exposure to what you are espousing. The allegories are not helpful either because for the most part they aren't germaine to what is at issue.

townsend

Banned
If you have interviews and consultations with Trump and his close circle of friends and staff then I will put some credence in your depictions. Until then your statements are nothing more then subjective derived conclusions. Even your example for your logic requires that there is a face to face encounter. Have you been in this type proximity to Trump?

All your analysis is based on events and stories you have read or observed then made a determination of how you think it should be presented. As I said before, none of us really are in a position to assess his capabilities. We can only draw subjective conclusions.

It doesn't sway me when you make assessments without the benefit of solid evidence or direct exposure to what you are espousing. The allegories are not helpful either because for the most part they aren't germaine to what is at issue.
Clinton has backing from all the previous dem presidents. Trump has backing from none of the previous Republican presidents. Clinton has gotten endorsements from Sanders. Trump does not have endorsements from Rubio, Trump, JEB, or Cruz. Clinton has more political success, more legislative experience more executive experience, more diplomatic experience, has managed to raise more money than Trump by an order of magnitude.

Trump has bankrupt several businesses, Hillary hasn't. He's been sued 3500 times thanks to his shady business dealings. Trump has threatened to pull out of NATO, start mass deportations, create a Muslim registration, forbid Muslim immigration, he thinks he can negotiate the national debt.

These are facts. That's why Trump supporters don't like talking about facts. They're about feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom