Final 53-man roster prediction for the Dallas Cowboys

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If Brown ends up odd nan out and Moore stays I'll be incensed.

WTF? Moore can't play. Move on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Brown ends up odd nan out and Moore stays I'll be incensed.

WTF? Moore can't play. Move on.
I think Moore may be able to play. He has flashed in preseason and has had some success in the NFL with the Giants.

I was a little hesitant to keep Smith at RB but he has actually looked pretty respectable in preseason.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
7 DE's is crazy. You only have 2 starting DE's and you're going to keep 7 guys? It's simple to me. You get rid of Lewis Neal, move Crawford to DT on the graphic and suddenly you have a reasonable amount of DEs and still have the 4 DTs that you should have. Moore is suspended so I don't worry about him until the suspension is up. Injuries may happen by then. Same goes for Irving. I'll worry about those roster spots when those guys come off suspension.
Well, Neal, White and Jones are essentially gone when the suspensions are up. So take them out of the mix.

Who do you cut on that remaining list to make room for Brown? You can't say Neal, White or Jones since they are already in effect "cut" by midseason.

Can't say Blanton. He's already not on the list.

I think I go Rod Smith from that list. Or Kellen Moore. Or DaMontre Moore, who is our 6th DE if you are counting Crawford as a tackle; so then you are down to 5 DEs (Irving, Charlton, Tapper, Mayowa and Lawrence). But as you pointed out, DaMontre Moore has flashed. Do you cut Mayowa over him? Mayowa is more expensive.

Still think there is zero chance Tapper gets cut.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, Neal, White and Jones are essentially gone when the suspensions are up. So take them out of the mix.

Who do you cut on that remaining list to make room for Brown? You can't say Neal, White or Jones since they are already in effect "cut" by midseason.

Can't say Blanton. He's already not on the list.

I think I go Rod Smith from that list. Or Kellen Moore. Or DaMontre Moore, who is our 6th DE if you are counting Crawford as a tackle; so then you are down to 5 DEs (Irving, Charlton, Tapper, Mayowa and Lawrence).
Depends at that point if someone else gets hurt. Swaim and Hannah have not exactly been the perfect form of health their whole careers. But assuming everyone stays healthy and Zeke suspension is gone Smith makes sense to cut and put on the practice squad.

Smith's brother is on the team so he won't want to sign somewhere else.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lenny Jones is a DE. Joseph Jones is a LBer out of Northwestern. I honestly didn't pay any attention to him during preseason and he didn't make any splash plays that stick out to me.
Joseph Jones looked pretty good. He was a standout at a few practices. I still highly doubt he makes the 53, though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ronnie Hillman just released, no big surprise.
Yeah, nothing wrong with him but we just don't have a need or fit for him really. I actually wouldn't have a problem with cutting a bunch of guys like that right now who have no real shot at the roster.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jerry has said Noah Brown is on the 53.
It would be insane to let this kid go anywhere. Saw the tweet earlier and don't want ginger or anyone else messing this up for a QB who hasn't done anything and even more apparently can't.

Cowboys have a talented roster. There's no excuse for keeping a less talented pet cat under any circumstances.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
It would be insane to let this kid go anywhere. Saw the tweet earlier and don't want ginger or anyone else messing this up for a QB who hasn't done anything and even more apparently can't.

Cowboys have a talented roster. There's no excuse for keeping a less talented pet cat under any circumstances.
Brown is a decent special teamer, so he could very well end up the active roster. The kid also blocks like a tight ends so there's that.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Dude... pay attention. Brown has already been declared on the 53 per Jerry.
No I saw the tweet. I do think he's a safe release at the end if have a nasty choice. I also recall Jerry saying we keep three qbs.

Top Bottom