The Hurricane Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you want to donate to the Red Cross, you can do so by texting Harvey to 90999. It's a $10 donation that is applied to your phone bill. They are going to need all the help they can get.

Cotton

Staff member
The situation really sucks, but seeing people coming together to help is awesome. We can post feel good stories here as we run across them.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Are any of our DCC'ers misplaced by the storm or even inconvenienced at all?

If so, I'd much rather help them out directly.

Call me an asshole, but I don't like sending money to big charities.

Cotton

Staff member
Are any of our DCC'ers misplaced by the storm or even inconvenienced at all?

If so, I'd much rather help them out directly.

Call me an asshole, but I don't like sending money to big charities.
No doubt. I'm game to help in that way, as well. We just need to know if any of our members need help. [MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION], [MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

Not sure who else is in the area. If I missed some, tag them.

Cotton

Staff member

Insane.

Cotton

Staff member

Kbrown

Not So New Member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

midswat

... soon
Guess god was lying about that whole promise symbolized by the rainbow, eh?

Cotton

Staff member

midswat

... soon
Oh I wasn't going to donate but if Jason Witten says I should....

I'm sorry but like someone mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of donating to big corporations. Wasn't there some expose not long ago that something like only 10% of the actual donated amount to one of the largest help organizations actually went to the cause?

I remember that specificially after 9/11, because my dumbass mom donated $5000 to one of them, and it came out later that there was an insane amount of corruption in those groups and a lot of people profited greatly off of them.

I'm jaded as hell.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I've volunteered to go down along with several officers, but the city is still waiting to get the official request from Houston and the state. Waiting sucks!

Cotton

Staff member
I've volunteered to go down along with several officers, but the city is still waiting to get the official request from Houston and the state. Waiting sucks!
Props, man. I wish I was closer to be able to help.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm sorry but like someone mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of donating to big corporations. Wasn't there some expose not long ago that something like only 10% of the actual donated amount to one of the largest help organizations actually went to the cause?

I remember that specificially after 9/11, because my dumbass mom donated $5000 to one of them, and it came out later that there was an insane amount of corruption in those groups and a lot of people profited greatly off of them.

I'm jaded as hell.
Yeah I hate to say it but I'm the same way. I don't want to donate a bunch of money only to see 40% or less of it actually go to the cause and the rest to go to "administrative" fees.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I'm jaded as hell.
Not sure if this is feasible in your area but my wife went and bought a bunch of stuff at walmart and dropped it off at a fire dept that is taking everything down later this week

Top Bottom