Watch Thread.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am a bit of a watch fiend.

Watches to me are like purses to a woman.

I currently have about 10 not all are working or have bands.

I usually go for mid level brands and try and find deals.

My most top end watch is a Movado.

I got the itch this weekend and started doing some shopping and research and man I never realized how little I really knew about watches and the different types of movements, crystals and brands.

Anybody else have a nice collection of watches and any insight on shopping for different ones?

I really want a nice mechanical or transparent one at the moment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I haven't worn a watch in about 5 years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Can't help. Never have been able to wear watches, rings, or necklaces.

Do like pocket watches, though. Maybe I could get one of those and a monacle.

dallen

Senior Tech
I have a Fitbit with a clock on it. The cover is starting to fall off though

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've got a few. Favorite is a WW2 Hanhart pilot I got from my grandfather but usually wear a Seiko monster or Citizen Ecodrive. The classified section of the forums at watchuseek has some pretty good deals and most of them there are willing to answer any questions you have

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've got a few. Favorite is a WW2 Hanhart pilot I got from my grandfather but usually wear a Seiko monster or Citizen Ecodrive. The classified section of the forums at watchuseek has some pretty good deals and most of them there are willing to answer any questions you have
Yeah I found watchuseek this weekend and they are a good resource.

I see you like the same size watches I do, I need to add a nice diver into my collection.

Have been thinking about an Invicta.

Those Hanhart's look great, I bet it is worth a bit of coin.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I found watchuseek this weekend and they are a good resource.

I see you like the same size watches I do, I need to add a nice diver into my collection.

Have been thinking about an Invicta.

Those Hanhart's look great, I bet it is worth a bit of coin.
Don't remember offhand which models it was but there was a thread over there a year or two back listing the Invictas that had the the better movement. Personally I'd recommend Seiko or Orient over Invicta.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Do Fossil or Casio count as a "nice collection"?

Asking for a friend.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Swatches?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't remember offhand which models it was but there was a thread over there a year or two back listing the Invictas that had the the better movement. Personally I'd recommend Seiko or Orient over Invicta.
I have read up o the Invicta's over there.

I am still reading up on the different movements and what to look for, I have only been interested in overall looks and price points so far.

I looked at both Seiko and Orient but nothing stood out, especially at the prices I was looking to spend.

I will splurge on nice watch around Christmas and maybe give them another look.

I got a couple of Akribos to tide me over.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9RH6QC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078K3CSM/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A336A9JJHG64W6

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I have a Victorinox Swiss Army Chronograph that has a dead battery I keep meaning to get replaced.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I have about 6 Invictas. Pretty selective on the ones I buy though. I don't like huge watches and try to stay away from multi function as well. I like either the Swiss or Japanese movements and I try to stay with Saphire crystals. I also have a Luminox, an Android with a ETA 2824 movement and a DEEP Blue. Both the Android, Deep Blue and Luminox have the Tritium illumination markers. I really need to stop buying mid level brands because I want an Omega Planet Ocean.
I have had really good luck with my Invictas though and usually buy them through Evine. Returns are easy that way if you don't like the look and feel.

Top Bottom