User Tag List

Page 638 of 648 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 6476

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    I am a Rockets fan. Just not a hardcore basketball fan.
    I guess you are only 1/3 a monster.

I'm not hardcore as well.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post

It's been a long time since I've been this excited about the 76ers.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been this excited about the 76ers.
    Yep. Especially considering they've continued the second half of this winning streak without Embiid. Amazing.

Also, Markelle Fultz is looking like a very nice complement to Ben Simmons. That kid has some juice. And speaking of Simmons... ~swoon~

I never would have believed the Sixers would win 50+ games this year at the beginning of the season. Hell, I would have bet against it 3 weeks ago. What they are putting together is nothing short of incredible. They will certainly be fun to watch over the next decade if they can keep everyone healthy.

Any initial thoughts on the playoff matchups?

I thought the Warriors caught a huge break with the Spurs settling into the 7th seed. I think that's a far more favorable matchup for the Curry-less Warriors than teams like OKC, Utah, and Denver.

I'm really interested in watching Rockets-Timberwolves as well. The Timberwolves aren't your typical 8th seed. They had a stranglehold on the 3rd seed in the West until Jimmy Butler suffered his knee injury and missed about 20 games. Now that he's back I think this at least a 6 game series.

In the East, I think the Sixers make quick work of the Heat. Miami's wing players have good length and athleticism but I don't think they have enough to win more than a game in this series. The only way I see Miami turning this into a long series is if Wayne Ellington finds his 3 point shooting stroke again. He hit 8 last night but his numbers have taken a significant dip over the last month or so compared to the first few months of the season.

If I had to pick the likely upset of round 1, my guess would be Bucks over Celtics, despite their piss poor performance last night. The Celtics have the coaching edge by a significant margin but I think you can make the argument that the Bucks have 3 of the 4 best two players in the series on their roster (Greek Freak, Middleton, Bledsoe).
    Last edited by 1bigfan13; 04-12-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Utah/OKC and Portland/New Orleans are the most intriguing matchups for me.

I agree that the Warriors got lucky with San Antonio and that Minnesota will give Houston way more problems than a typical 8 seed. Houston will definitely win, probably in 6, but I think it could go 7.

The East is blah, we all know where that's headed. The Sixers will be a story because they should make the ECF as their road is a shit Miami team and then hobbled Boston/Milwaukee, but just like the last 5 or so years there are no real threats to LeBron's path to the finals.

I'm hoping Toronto finally get over their postseason mental block. They are the only team in the East who have a legit shot at beating Lebron, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I'm hoping Toronto finally get over their postseason mental block. They are the only team in the East who have a legit shot at beating Lebron, IMO.
    Toronto is a regular season team, I doubt their matchup vs. Cleveland will look any different than it has in years past unless the Cavs suffer some sort of injuries.

Simmons may be rookie of the year, but Markkanen is the runner up.