User Tag List

Page 556 of 625 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 6242

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

1-7 bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I expected about 30 wins this year. That's not a ton but that's a significant jump for the Sixers.

Another team that has got off to a surprisingly slow start is the Timberwolves. With Thibadeau on board I thought they'd finish with about 45 wins and sneak into the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed.
    Not without Ben Simmons they weren't winning 30.

The last 2 games Russell Westbrook has pretty much validated KD's decision.

He has incredible talent but his decision making is awful.

Wednesday night versus the Raptors, OKC rallied and were within 5 of the Raptors with about 4 minutes to play. They have all the momentum in the world and Westbrook comes down and jacks up a 3 pointer from Steph territory (about 5 feet behind the 3-point line). He misses badly and the Raptors rebound and score easily on the other end.

A couple of possessions later the same thing happens. Plenty of time on the shot clock and the Thunder need a score to keep things close and Westbrook pulls up from the top of the key near the center court logo and misses badly. Raptors rebound and score again, pretty much icing the game.

I didn't mention it but mixed in with all those bad 3 point shots he completely hogged the ball the final 5 minutes of the game. He may have passed to a teammate one time and it felt like he took every shot down the stretch.

Just God awful decision making.

Fast forward to last night. Close game against the Clippers. More questionable decision making by Russ but not quite as bad as Wednesday night. On the final possession the Clippers are leading by 2 and OKC has the ball with about 8 seconds to play. Russ takes the inbound pass and instead of at least attacking the basket he pulls up for a 28 foot 3-pointer when there was still plenty of time on the clock to get a better shot. He missed badly as usual. As I mentioned, he had enough time to either get into the paint for a closer shot or he could have done what other great players have done which is pass it to an open teammate for a clean shot. But that would require checking his ego and that ain't happening.

We're not going to win many close games if this is the attitude he's going to play with.

Honestly we need a real PG. Someone who can actually make smart decisions in crunch time so that we're not always handcuffed by Westbrook's wild antics.

OKC got Serge'd last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    OKC got Serge'd last night.
    I'm fine with that.

Serge is still a fan favorite in the city. Even after he was traded he made a few trips back to OKC to interact with the community. My mom goes to the church that he attended in OKC. Back in September he swung through one last time to attend service and officially say goodbye.

We'll hang his jersey in the rafters before we hang cupcake's.

So Phil Jackson uses the word posse and suddenly the world bursts into flames?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    So Phil Jackson uses the word posse and suddenly the world bursts into flames?
    It's this new generation of men.

They wear skinny jeans, women's clothes, and they are super thin-skinned.

Lebron James, Cam Newton, Russell Westbrook, etc.

These guys would not have survived in the spotlight if this were the 80's or 90's.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    It's this new generation of men.

They wear skinny jeans, women's clothes, and they are super thin-skinned.

Lebron James, Cam Newton, Russell Westbrook, etc.

These guys would not have survived in the spotlight if this were the 80's or 90's.
    No kidding, if someone referred to my friends as a posse I wouldn't even bat an eye. I mean do people really have to pick their words that carefully. Calling them an entourage would have been ok, but posse is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    No kidding, if someone referred to my friends as a posse I wouldn't even bat an eye. I mean do people really have to pick their words that carefully. Calling them an entourage would have been ok, but posse is racist?
    They can't take criticism at all and they view everything as an attack.

Even their mannerisms are very childish or feminine.

I mean, did you see Jaylon Ramsey's post-game interview after the Baltimore game?

Imagine him doing that in 1993 in a locker room like the kind the Eagles had back then.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

I'm not going to tell someone whether they should be offended, but when I hear the word 'posse' I think of frontier towns and westerns. I never thought of it as a racial word
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion