User Tag List

Page 651 of 656 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 6558

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Their only hope is to move some of those guys for perimeter players who can score. You've got Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Issaac and Bamba. You only need two of those guys probably. So dump one of them. I'm not a basketball expert so I have no idea what type of contracts they have and if they are movable. But it would make the most sense to me to move Vucevic and keep the young guys. Vucevic is the most proven but you're not winning right now so go young. Make Bamba your traditional center and use Issaac and Gordon next to him.
    Vucevic is going into the last year of his deal, so he’s the tradable asset. The problem is, he’s the only one with any offensive game. You trade him and they lose one of only 2 scorers they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Vucevic is going into the last year of his deal, so he’s the tradable asset. The problem is, he’s the only one with any offensive game. You trade him and they lose one of only 2 scorers they have.
    True but it's not like they are going to win anything of significance next year. Better to bottom out again if necessary and get the assets so that you can hopefully add scoring down the road. They aren't ready to take the next step so put it off a year and develop the young guys. I think Bamba has some promise on the offensive end of the floor too. But I don't think sitting those types of guys is going to help develop it any. Same thing with Isaac who came into the NBA with offensive promise. He has a pretty good stroke. But you'll never develop it with him playing no real role in your offense. Aaron Gordon has developed into a decent offensive scorer so obviously you'd like to keep him around long term. Especially with him only being 22 years old.

They really need a PG though. Someone who can score and be a facilitator. DJ Augustin is neither and he is older.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I've watched a lot of Doncic, all the way back to the Euro tournament last summer, he's going to be the best player in the draft, a guy who can change the culture of a team with his passing/vision. He'll be excellent in Dallas for a long time, if he wasn't going to be in Chicago I'm glad he ended up in Dallas.
    IT's going to be exciting around here with 2 playmakers at the guard position. I think Dallas winds up with Jordan as well so it'll be a fun starting 5 to watch.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Looks like Magic is getting his wish...
    @Rev supporter

There is something very wrong in a league where a superstar (Kawhi) refuses to play for one of the best run franchises in the league (Spurs) under one of the best coaches of all time (Popovich) just so he can join a rebuilding, relatively dysfunctional franchise like the Lakers that has nothing to show for itself other than the "Laker mystique" potentially drawing in other free agents.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    There is something very wrong in a league where a superstar (Kawhi) refuses to play for one of the best run franchises in the league (Spurs) under one of the best coaches of all time (Popovich) just so he can join a rebuilding, relatively dysfunctional franchise like the Lakers that has nothing to show for itself other than the "Laker mystique" potentially drawing in other free agents.
    Maybe Leonard is a conservative and hates Pop's political BS!

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Maybe Leonard is a conservative and hates Pop's political BS!
    Maybe so, makes perfect sense to force his way to LA then.