User Tag List

Page 639 of 642 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6419

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

  1. #6381
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Simmons may be rookie of the year, but Markkanen is the runner up.
    Mitchell is the runner-up, Markkanen could arguably be as low as 4th behind Tatum as well, although long term I think I'd take Markkanen over Tatum.

    It's a crazy rookie class though and all four of them are future All Star types.

  2. #6382
    Senior Member mschmidt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,553
    No way is Markkanen behind Tatum in my book. Mitchell has better stats but Markkanen is clearly the higher upside player IMO.

  3. #6383
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    No way is Markkanen behind Tatum in my book. Mitchell has better stats but Markkanen is clearly the higher upside player IMO.
    Perhaps but that doesn't change the fact that Mitchell is definitely number 2 as far as ROY goes.

  4. The following user likes this post:


  5. #6384
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Perhaps but that doesn't change the fact that Mitchell is definitely number 2 as far as ROY goes.
    I don't see how that's even up for debate. Mitchell has a ton of signature moments throughout the year. I don't think anyone outside of Chicago can point to a single smoment of Markkanen's rookie year.

    Hell, I can't and I follow the NBA very closely.

  6. #6385
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,721
    OKC took care of business. Paul George went crazy from 3 point range.

    They're not a good jump shooting team bu tonight the shots were falling. I suspect they'll come down to earth in the next game or two and will have to rely on getting points in the paint, which will be a huge challenge with Gobert protecting the rim.

  7. #6386
    Super Moderator Carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,793
    I am seriously thinking Philly may have a run to the finals in them. We got the first round draw I wanted...I respect the Heat, but talent wise they are not the same as Mil, Indy, and Was. It is not going to be easy, but not unrealistic.

    Bos is not what they will be, Cle is inconsistent, and Tor is good...not great. Indy is good though...love that team.

  8. #6387
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I am seriously thinking Philly may have a run to the finals in them. We got the first round draw I wanted...I respect the Heat, but talent wise they are not the same as Mil, Indy, and Was. It is not going to be easy, but not unrealistic.

    Bos is not what they will be, Cle is inconsistent, and Tor is good...not great. Indy is good though...love that team.
    The East is looking like it's going to be wide open. I'm rooting for anyone but Cleveland to make it to the Finals. I can't stomach another Warriors-Cavs Finals.

    That said, I still think Cleveland is the favorite to come out of the East. It's hard to bet against Lebron.

  9. #6388
    Super Moderator Carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,793
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    The East is looking like it's going to be wide open. I'm rooting for anyone but Cleveland to make it to the Finals. I can't stomach another Warriors-Cavs Finals.

    That said, I still think Cleveland is the favorite to come out of the East. It's hard to bet against Lebron.
    Yeah...hard to pick against Lebron. I do think the Cavs are more vulnerable than ever though. It would be great to see a 7 gamer with Lebron vs Simmons. I love me some Embiid, but Simmons is playing with an aggressive edge that is energizing the team. Love to see a young guy play with mature fire.

  10. #6389
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yeah...hard to pick against Lebron. I do think the Cavs are more vulnerable than ever though. It would be great to see a 7 gamer with Lebron vs Simmons. I love me some Embiid, but Simmons is playing with an aggressive edge that is energizing the team. Love to see a young guy play with mature fire.
    For me it comes down to what Scott Van Pelt likes to say, "How good is your good?"

    Lebron's "good" is SUSTAINED 35+ ppg, 12 reb, 12 ast performances in playoff series. We've seen him do it in the Finals against an all-time great team.

    That's why I still have to give him the edge. I don't think Embiid and Simmons are capable of playing at that high of a level over a 7 game series. We'll see. I'd love to see the matchup though.
    Last edited by 1bigfan13; 04-16-2018 at 10:18 AM.

  11. #6390
    Super Moderator Carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,793
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    For me it comes down to what Scott Van Pelt like to say, "How good is your good?"

    Lebron's "good" is SUSTAINED 35+ ppg, 12 reb, 12 ast performances in playoff series. We've seen him do it in the Finals against an all-time great team.

    That's why I still have to give him the edge. I don't think Embiid and Simmons are capable of playing at that high of a level over a 7 game series. We'll see. I'd love to see the matchup though.
    The key to the Sixers success in the playoffs with be Covington and Saric. I am counting on production from Embiid, Simmons, and JJ, but there always is a periphery guy who comes up big. Iggy with GS, Dellavedova with Cle...shit like that, can propel a team. I think it will be Covington, with his 3 and D, that will come up big.

    Also...shout out to Fultz...whatever was going on with him, not sure, but the response from his teamates and fans shows me they know he was working hard to figure stuff out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •