Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nobody has said Cassel is thought of as some great vertical passing threat. That's just you, doing what you do. Making shit up.

And nobody has said the Giants would be scared of Cassel, either. More imagined stupidity. But if you think that their defense would go in with the plan of playing like they would against Weeden... Well, that's on you.
You use the same reply every time it's getting old.

So tell me what did the Giants do differently with Cassel as opposed to Weeden or Romo since that's the reason the running game was so much different?

Using your logic the changed up whatever they did from the 1st game since we ran so much better with Cassel as opposed to Romo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

So tell me what did the Giants do differently with Cassel as opposed to Weeden or Romo since that's the reason the running game was so much different?

Using your logic the changed up whatever they did from the 1st game since we ran so much better with Cassel as opposed to Romo.
Their secondary retreated most of the time at the snap and the backers held their ground to see what receivers went into a pattern. Other defenses before Cassel held their ground in the secondary and had the backers making a push at the LOS.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So stop doing it, then. That shit is getting old, too. And I am far from the only person that tells you this.

They had their safeties playing back from the start. Unlike teams that played against Weeden. When Weeden was under center, teams were constantly crashing the middle and dropping out to the flats to cover the dump off. That wasn't happening on Sunday, and suddenly we had running lanes. Weird, I know.

Also, could you please show me where people were saying Cassel was some great vertical passing threat? Or where people said the Giants were scared of him? You have said this. I'm sure you'd love to be able to prove me wrong if it's out there. I'll wait...

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Their secondary retreated most of the time at the snap and the backers held their ground to see what receivers went into a pattern. Other defenses before Cassel held their ground in the secondary and had the backers making a push at the LOS.
This is not true there defense played the same as they did the 1st game aside from doubling Dez.

And the LB did the same as before the biggest difference is that we ran reverses.

So tell me why did we not have the same success in the 1st game with Dez and Romo who were much better vertical threats?

Jiggyfly

Banned
So stop doing it, then. That shit is getting old, too. And I am far from the only person that tells you this.

They had their safeties playing back from the start. Unlike teams that played against Weeden. When Weeden was under center, teams were constantly crashing the middle and dropping out to the flats to cover the dump off. That wasn't happening on Sunday, and suddenly we had running lanes. Weird, I know.

Also, could you please show me where people were saying Cassel was some great vertical passing threat? Or where people said the Giants were scared of him? You have said this. I'm sure you'd love to be able to prove me wrong if it's out there. I'll wait...
Were you not saying the threat of a vertical passing game caused the running game to succeed?

Stop playing the semantics game, if thats your argument then it stands to reason you think the Giants were scared of Cassel as a vertical passer and changed the defense accordingly.

And you never answered why they changed anything from the 1st game which when we did not run as well.

I'll wait.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is not true there defense played the same as they did the 1st game aside from doubling Dez.

And the LB did the same as before the biggest difference is that we ran reverses.

So tell me why did we not have the same success in the 1st game with Dez and Romo who were much better vertical threats?
Already told you but apparently you see it differently so what's the point. Why do you think is the reason for the difference in the rushing game?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Already told you but apparently you see it differently so what's the point. Why do you think is the reason for the difference in the rushing game?
Playcalling, better blocking as a group and better health.

And no you never said why the Giants would change what they did against Romo as opposed to Cassel.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Playcalling, better blocking as a group and better health.

And no you never said why the Giants would change what they did against Romo as opposed to Cassel.
I did if you want to back up a few posts but in a nut shell what I described wasn't so much alignment as it was reaction. It How the backers and secondary reacted at the snap. See the post and it describes the flow. No. Dak. Essentially described the same thing but what do we know?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Were you not saying the threat of a vertical passing game caused the running game to succeed?

Stop playing the semantics game, if thats your argument then it stands to reason you think the Giants were scared of Cassel as a vertical passer and changed the defense accordingly.

And you never answered why they changed anything from the 1st game which when we did not run as well.

I'll wait.
Yes, I did. And I am certainly not the only one who sees it and has mentioned it. You were the one that brought up the stupidity of the suddenly great vertical passing threat, and them being scared of Cassel. But you're deflecting again. Avoiding taking responsibility for the stupid shit you say. But we all knew you'd do that. Again. Like you always do. Nothing new.

Oh, and as for your last line, are you really this stupid or is this just some board schtick? Maybe we didn't run as well because our Oline was nicked up. Or it was the first time they had played in front of Randle as a starter. Or the Giants D was healthy. Teams don't always perform the same from game to game. Even an idiot such as yourself should understand that. So there is nothing to wait for, Ruprecht. But nice avoidance of owning up to the dumb shit you said earlier, I guess. Par for the course with you.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And rank in bottom in STs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Turnover ratio: Takeaways minus giveaways.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Report: Bears called Cowboys about Jeremiah Ratliff as “security precaution”

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2015, 5:50 PM EDT
Jeremiah Ratliff
AP
When the Bears cut defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff last week, they called the police over concerns about his reaction after a heated exchange with General Manager Ryan Pace. And the police weren’t the only people the Bears called.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the Bears notified the Cowboys of Ratliff’s release as a security precaution.

Although there was no specific threat against the Cowboys or any individual within the Cowboys organization, the Bears still thought the Cowboys needed to know that Ratliff, a former Cowboy, might be heading back to his home near the team’s facilities.

Ratliff also had a tumultuous tenure with the Cowboys. He once had a run-in with Jerry Jones in the locker room, and after Ratliff was cut by the Cowboys, Jones accused Ratliff of undermining the team and sought to force Ratliff to pay back some of the salary and signing bonus the Cowboys had paid him.

Ratliff has not spoken publicly since the Bears cut him. It is unclear whether he intends to continue his NFL career.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom