User Tag List

Page 659 of 660 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660 LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 6599

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

I love Embiid's talent, I love his trolling, but I think I love his attitude the most.

Put up 41/13 and 39/17 in back to back games.

In the 39 point game he scored 32 in the first half.

Post game interview (paraphrasing): "Are we seeing you at your best right now?"

Embiid (paraphrasing): "Nah I have a lot more work to do. I sucked in the second half."

<3

2. The following user likes this post:

Really fortunate that the Bulls had this rash of injuries and that the organization is being "extra cautious" bringing them back. Lavine/Markkanen/Carter is a really nice young core but if you can add a top 5 pick (Barrett/Reddish/Little) to that you have the makings of an ECF competitor.

And as expected, Carter looks amazing, I wouldn't trade him for any of the bigs taken before him at this point except maybe JJJ, and that's a toss up.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Really fortunate that the Bulls had this rash of injuries and that the organization is being "extra cautious" bringing them back. Lavine/Markkanen/Carter is a really nice young core but if you can add a top 5 pick (Barrett/Reddish/Little) to that you have the makings of an ECF competitor.

And as expected, Carter looks amazing, I wouldn't trade him for any of the bigs taken before him at this point except maybe JJJ, and that's a toss up.
    Carter does look way better than expected -- and no shock that he looks better than Bagley, who it was also relatively obvious he relied on being bigger and jumping higher than everyone in college and so he wouldn't be an instant smash success in the NBA -- but I dunno, I can't say I'd take Carter over Ayton.

And Bamba is super raw, can't make that judgment yet. You still might be getting an 18-12 DPOY player there.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Carter does look way better than expected -- and no shock that he looks better than Bagley, who it was also relatively obvious he relied on being bigger and jumping higher than everyone in college and so he wouldn't be an instant smash success in the NBA -- but I dunno, I can't say I'd take Carter over Ayton.

And Bamba is super raw, can't make that judgment yet. You still might be getting an 18-12 DPOY player there.
    Yea at the end of the day we're talking about a 10 game sample of rookies so everything is speculative. You know I've been extremely high on Carter for a while though so what I've seen so far is basically just validation of how highly I already thought of him.

Ayton might be the guy to gamble on just because of how high his ceiling is but ultimately I think Carter will end up being roughly the same caliber of player, if not better, while also being an immensely better fit with Markkanen.

Bulls have to, as they were doing last year, simply tank away for just a little longer.

Getting a top 5 pick and they will be in great shape.

Dunn-Lavine-Little/Reddish/Barrett-Markkanen-Carter

And they might could sign Kemba Walker in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Bulls have to, as they were doing last year, simply tank away for just a little longer.

Getting a top 5 pick and they will be in great shape.

Dunn-Lavine-Little/Reddish/Barrett-Markkanen-Carter

And they might could sign Kemba Walker in FA.
    Yea, I think it's going to be tough since they're already competitive without Markkanen/Dunn/Portis/Valentine but hopefully they can finish with a bottom 5 record which would give them somewhere around a 50% chance at a top 4 pick.

Add a PG like Rubio, Rozier or even Walker (long shot) and that's a top 3-4 team in the East by the 2020-21 season, assuming Leonard heads back West.

I don't know how sustainable it is, but the revival of Derrick Rose has been a nice surprise this season.

His jump shot is much improved. He still has a decent amount of lift to make acrobatic plays from time to time. And he's still a fearless competitor.

Joel Embiid is a monster.

That is all.

Jimmy Butler to the Sixers for Covington, Saric, Bayless, and a meaningless 2nd round pick in 2022.

I think Minnesota could have done a little better than that in a trade, but I guess they were tired of dragging this thing out.

The Heat offer was better, IMO.