McNabb: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones needs to fire everybody and start over

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ex-NFL QB Donovan McNabb: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones needs to fire everybody and start over

By SPORTSDAYDFW.COM

Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb recently joined Fix It or Forget It on Fox Sports to talk about the Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights from the interview.

On if the Dallas Cowboys can be fixed:

“Get ready to start all over. I think this is a time where you look forward to drafting some new guys, getting some free agents because the guys that you have now just can’t get it done. You lose (Jay) Ratliff. You lose (Anthony) Spencer. (Morris) Claiborne has been out. (Sean) Lee has been out. DeMarcus Ware has been out. I think in this situation you can’t blame Monte Kiffin because this is the same type of defense Rob Ryan had. You fire him. Now you’re going to fire Monte Kiffin so why don’t you fire everybody else and start all over.”

On if Tony Romo can take his game to the next level:

“I think this whole offense needs fixing. When I look at this situation, I think you need to decide to run the football. You bring in Bill Callahan to be able to call plays, but it seems like Tony Romo and Jason Garrett are making calls to themselves. Run the football. Utilize the guys you have in the backfield. It’s not about the yards. It’s about the attempts. At the quarterback position, if you’re just sitting back, dropping back all the time, you’re just putting the defense in position to make plays which leads to you turning the football over. Run the football more. Be balanced, and good things can happen.

On if Romo can be the guy to get the Cowboys over the hump:

“What is getting over the hump? What we’ve seen from Tony Romo is turning over the football late in games and can’t win the big one. Tony Romo is not going anywhere. We’re saying fix it by running the football.”

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fuck you, McNabb.

What is that going to do?

Fire everyone but the dipshit GM so he can fuck it all up again?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry isn't going anywhere.

Stephen isn't going anywhere.

Goof grandshit isn't going anywhere.

70 more years of Jones family influence.

You are welcome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

You are welcome.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

You are welcome.
:excellent

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

You are welcome.
Okay then. Everybody just settle back and enjoy the ride.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Part of the overreaction from a blowout loss on national TV. No one said this about the Steelers when the Pats whipped them or the Giants when the Saints sodomized them in 2011 by almost the same score as the Cowboy game.

And the overreaction is stupid. The problem is the GM, and dumping Marinelli or Garrett won't bring in a quality defensive line rotation, players who can stay healthy, offensive team speed, or offensive line depth that can actually block someone.

At one point during the game I watched the defense the Cowboys fielded from a frontal oblique shot and laughed. I was staring at a bunch of guys most of whom at some point in the Summer didn't know what team they were going to play on.

You can't ask any coaching staff to win under those circumstances, especially on the road in a hostile environment. This wasn't the Ware, Ratliff, Spencer-led defensive front of 2009 with a still solid Terence Newman, Oscan, Mike Jenkins, fresh Gerald Sensabaugh, and just returned to health Ken Hamlin behind them. This was Brandon Carr and a bunch of no-names.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

You are welcome.
Just 70 years? Is goof grandshit sterile or something?

Top Bottom