User Tag List

Page 653 of 656 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 6558

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

The reason that the conferences are so unbalanced comes down to one thing: Piss poor management of some of the East's better markets/franchises, such as Chicago, New York, and up until very recently, Philadelphia.

I'd rather the league step in and pressure ownership groups before we completely restructure the playoff system that will still at the end of the day result in pathetic basketball coming out of those cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Rockets were supposed to talk wit Capela over the weekend. Wonder how much they are going to be forced to pay him?
    I was watching NBA TV yesterday and they were trying to claim that the loss of Trevor Ariza is going to hurt the Rockets championship hopes. I don't see it that way.

Seemed like he wore down as the season went on. The second half of the season it seemed like he'd have a solid game then follow that up with 4 or 5 sub par games. That pattern continued into the playoffs. Essentially you're looking at getting 2, maybe 3, solid games from him in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    The reason that the conferences are so unbalanced comes down to one thing: Piss poor management of some of the East's better markets/franchises, such as Chicago, New York, and up until very recently, Philadelphia.

I'd rather the league step in and pressure ownership groups before we completely restructure the playoff system that will still at the end of the day result in pathetic basketball coming out of those cities.
    A suggestion that I like is that the NBA should adopt conference realignment that's not strictly based on geographic location. Similar to what you see in the MLB and NFL.

Create two conferences....American Conference and National Conference, for example. You can still have East/West type divisions but not every east or west coast team is lumped into the same conference like we have under the current format.

You could put the LA Lakers in the American Conference and have the LA Clippers National Conference. And so forth and so on.

Cousins to Golden State.

Why even bother anymore?
    #Fire Garrett

Cousins to Golden State.

Why even bother anymore?
    Yeah, it doesn't even seem fair. An already stacked team is able to pull top talent in free agency while teams needing to become competitive can't get anything but scrubs to sign there.

Bullshit like this is why I railed against the bullshit pulled by LeBron/the Heat, this buddy buddy stuff is a slippery slope and only going to increase due to the way kids start forming cliques early in high school at the AAU level.

The simple fix to this is to do away with max contracts.

Cousins to Golden State.

Why even bother anymore?
    I don't follow the NBA that closely anymore, but that is fucking insane.

Cousins to Golden State.

Why even bother anymore?
    It was their countermove to Aron Baynes resigning. Game on.

Suck it LeBron. That's what you get for going to the Lakers instead of the best basketball move.

LeBron will never win another title, he'll never be reasonably regarded as the GOAT, and hell he won't even be the greatest Laker of all time. If you play for the Lakers and don't win a championship you're an afterthought.

Have fun with Hollywood or whatever, though. Ass.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Suck it LeBron. That's what you get for going to the Lakers instead of the best basketball move.

LeBron will never win another title, he'll never be reasonably regarded as the GOAT, and hell he won't even be the greatest Laker of all time. If you play for the Lakers and don't win a championship you're an afterthought.

Have fun with Hollywood or whatever, though. Ass.
    Yea and if anybody tries to argue that he should be considered the GOAT because he'd have more titles if it weren't for an all-time team like the Warriors, well, he's the one that started the precedent for Durant jumping there, for Cousins to take 25% of the pay to jump there for a year.

A precedent that he started so that he could finally win a ring of course.

He's reaping what he sowed.