Manziel involved in yet another incident

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The eyewitness tells TMZ Sports, the guys were yelling at each other when Johnny threw a water bottle “really hard” at the guy, but missed. The eyewitness tells us, Johnny’s friend sarcastically screamed, “Nice throw, Johnny,” which apparently enraged the Cleveland Browns QB. The eyewitness says Johnny charged his friend, but was stopped by someone in his group. Off duty cops who were working security came quickly, spoke with Johnny and his friend, and calmed the situation down. … We believe no arrests were made.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/31/what-happened-with-johnny-manziel-at-the-byron-nelson-classic/

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The eyewitness tells TMZ Sports, the guys were yelling at each other when Johnny threw a water bottle “really hard” at the guy, but missed. The eyewitness tells us, Johnny’s friend sarcastically screamed, “Nice throw, Johnny,” which apparently enraged the Cleveland Browns QB. The eyewitness says Johnny charged his friend, but was stopped by someone in his group. Off duty cops who were working security came quickly, spoke with Johnny and his friend, and calmed the situation down. … We believe no arrests were made.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/31/what-happened-with-johnny-manziel-at-the-byron-nelson-classic/
Appears he is destined or driven to self destruction. It seems innocent enough but throwing bottles and charging friends are clues to lack of control. I hope he gets it together.

Cotton

Staff member

midswat

... soon
Hard to like anyone who goes by "Johnny."

Cotton

Staff member
Damn fine point, NoDak.

data

Forbes #1
Stupid move, but overblown. A country where we Can't throw water bottles and get into bar fights anymore, yet we take pride in our right to carry firearms?

Cotton

Staff member
Stupid move, but overblown. A country where we Can't throw water bottles and get into bar fights anymore, yet we take pride in our right to carry firearms?
That's a dumb analogy. One, this guy is a professional athlete and a public figure. Two, comparing throwing water bottles to carrying firearms? You are smarter than this, Phil.

midswat

... soon
Let me rephrase:

Hard to like anyone who goes by "Johnny" post-1980s.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Its overblown but its his own fault. If he wasn't such an idiot in the past stuff like this wouldn't get this much attention.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Its overblown but its his own fault. If he wasn't such an idiot in the past stuff like this wouldn't get this much attention.
It's definitely overblown. But to take up for Johnny for a moment.....the guy can't scratch his ass w/o the media sensationalizing it.

People just like to pile on the dude for every little thing. I've literally heard "smart" people criticize him for sitting court-side at NBA games and going to Vegas....during the off season.

Since when did sitting court-side at a basketball game become derogatory behavior?

And this time last year when absolutely nothing was going on in the NFL....no training camps, no mini camps, etc....There was non-stop griping about Manziel either hanging in Vegas or chilling at pool parties.

I get it he's done some shady stuff that brings unwanted attention, but most of the time it's just people acting holier than thou or 50 year old men trying to impose their ideas of what's proper vacation behavior on a 20-something year old.

My point is a lot of people go out of their way to slam him because for some unknown reason it's personal to them.

data

Forbes #1
That's a dumb analogy. One, this guy is a professional athlete and a public figure. Two, comparing throwing water bottles to carrying firearms? You are smarter than this, Phil.
First off, Mr. Punctuation, that is not an analogy.

I know my comment was made in jest, but just pointing how we Americans like to blow shit up and gunzzzz up while getting in a tizzy because of a bar fight. Coming from Cowboys fans where everything gets sensationalized, I thought we'd be better than this.

Cotton

Staff member
First off, Mr. Punctuation, that is not an analogy.

I know my comment was made in jest, but just pointing how we Americans like to blow shit up and gunzzzz up while getting in a tizzy because of a bar fight. Coming from Cowboys fans where everything gets sensationalized, I thought we'd be better than this.
Who's getting in a tizzy about this? I mean, on this board.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I still secretly root for us to get him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's definitely overblown. But to take up for Johnny for a moment.....the guy can't scratch his ass w/o the media sensationalizing it.

People just like to pile on the dude for every little thing. I've literally heard "smart" people criticize him for sitting court-side at NBA games and going to Vegas....during the off season.
This is precisely the reason he should use discretionary control.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
There are two distressing points to this story... but for completely different reasons:

The first - "Johnny threw a water bottle “really hard” at the guy". Being he is a professional football player it is troubling that "harassment" from a fan would elicit this response from him.

The second - "but missed.". Being that he is a professional quarterback and that he MISSED is troubling its own right.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There are two distressing points to this story... but for completely different reasons:

The first - "Johnny threw a water bottle “really hard” at the guy". Being he is a professional football player it is troubling that "harassment" from a fan would elicit this response from him.

The second - "but missed.". Being that he is a professional quarterback and that he MISSED is troubling its own right.
Hey, we all watched him play last year. I don't think anyone here is surprised that he missed.

Top Bottom