Week 13 Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Redskins | 12/7/2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why? Honestly.

So we can watch Cassel get raped by the Seahawks when they're actually trying?
I know logically it makes sense to tank for a higher pick.

But we have Jones running things.

That is the tough part about it all.

We can't have good things. Ever. As long as he is around.

I know I will watch and want a win, no matter what. Just now the losses don't matter as much.

If this division sucks, I want them in misery as well. Especially the Eagles.

data

Forbes #1
That's it. I'm done. Steelers gonna win and I'm not going to sit here and watch it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I know logically it makes sense to tank for a higher pick.

But we have Jones running things.

That is the tough part about it all.

We can't have good things. Ever. As long as he is around.

I know I will watch and want a win, no matter what. Just now the losses don't matter as much.

If this division sucks, I want them in misery as well. Especially the Eagles.
Yea I see what you're saying, to me the biggest positive of the division being so bad is that when we fail it will just help to further exemplify how shit of a coach Garrett is.

The fact that one of these shit teams is going to win the division with 8 wins certainly pisses me off knowing that we should be easily running away with it, but an ass whipping at the hands of Seattle in the first round is all that awaits whoever that is.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So who here would be against Rat Salad coming back here as our next HC?

townsend

Banned
Hell no.

While he seems to be a good coordinator I don't think he has the temperment to run the whole show.
That would still make him more qualified than Garrett. He kinda reminds me of Rex Ryan, in that I think his brash no nonsense style is good for a couple playoff runs just before the team has a complete meltdown.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That would still make him more qualified than Garrett. He kinda reminds me of Rex Ryan, in that I think his brash no nonsense style is good for a couple playoff runs just before the team has a complete meltdown.
He has a great QB as well, I don't think I would take anybody over Big Ben at QB right now, maybe Rodgers.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we win out and the giants lose once more, I believe we win the division. We are actually pretty close to controlling our own destiny. :unsure

townsend

Banned
He has a great QB as well, I don't think I would take anybody over Big Ben at QB right now, maybe Rodgers.
Coaching has to be a big part of that though. Look how many "great" QBs (including Romo) who've looked like lukewarm dogs hit this year. Kaepernick has gone from "the next big thing" to a laughing stock in a little over a year.

You have to admit that Roethlisberger's game got a lot better after he came back. (btw doesn't Haley look like The Rapist in any given episode of SVU?)

Jiggyfly

Banned
Coaching has to be a big part of that though. Look how many "great" QBs (including Romo) who've looked like lukewarm dogs hit this year. Kaepernick has gone from "the next big thing" to a laughing stock in a little over a year.

You have to admit that Roethlisberger's game got a lot better after he came back. (btw doesn't Haley look like The Rapist in any given episode of SVU?)
Roethlisberger IMO has looked great over the last 3 years, while that coincides with Rat Salad I think he is the best improvational QB at this point.

He has always looked great when things breakdown.

Just hard to figure out how much is scheme and how much it's the QB, I will say he got more out of a backup than Garrett did.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Roethlisberger put it all together a couple of years ago. He's got the improvisational instincts but unlike Romo he also has a cannon arm and the size to shake off defenders.

Romo has a quicker release and does an amazing job of looking off defenders and getting WR's open. Ben's arm is so good he can get the ball to speed guys better than anyone in the league.

Without question Big Ben has had better supporting casts over the years. The Steelers know how to draft WR's-- they were determined to figure that out after the whole Troy Edwards debacle and you have to agree they've succeeded. They've always had a knack for finding RB's.

If Pittsburgh had a real defense in 2015, I'd put them as favorites to win the Superbowl even without Bell. But I've got to respect how they haven't taken any shortcuts to building their defense and have remained committed to the draft despite their shortcomings.

They've lost two key OL, an impact stud like Bell, Bryant, and even Ben for stretches and they keep going. Meanwhile the Cowboys have a conniption fit when they lose a single lineman.

It pisses me off how teams just "get it" while Dallas still flounders in the mediocrity that comes from constantly taking any shortcut that comes available.

Top Bottom