Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Falcons at Cowboys | 9/27/2015

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No kidding. Our offense put up 28 points with Brandon Weeden at QB. It is pretty obvious which side of the ball failed yesterday.
They put up zero points in the second half. They could have taken pressure off the defense but were unable.

Defense gave up way too much and was the primary reason we lost, but I can't let the offense go blameless. First half turnover plus zero points in a half are major problems.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They put up zero points in the second half. They could have taken pressure off the defense but were unable.

Defense gave up way too much and was the primary reason we lost, but I can't let the offense go blameless. First half turnover plus zero points in a half are major problems.
The gameplan was how the offense failed us. But, hard to blame the coaches when they are having to work around Brandon f'ing Weeden in planning the strategy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Defense laid an egg...Inexcusable to only rush 5 times in 2nd half....Weeden sucks.

I expect below .500 by the time Romo comes back. Wasted year.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Were the WRs ever open in this game? Clearly Weeden is terribly limited as a QB but he has no one on the outside to throw the ball to (if he is even allowed to). No one. Terrence Williams proves over and over again that he is completely unreliable. Devin Street? Yeah...doesn't appear to belong in the NFL. New guy from the Raiders? Randall Williams had great straight line speed too.

It is a really terrible situation to have a shitty QB and even shittier WRs. No hope but to throw dump offs and quick short routes to Dunbar, Witten, and Beasley, run the ball as well as possible knowing that the other team is going to dare you to do it, and play outstanding defense. Too bad the defense looked terrible yesterday.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Were the WRs ever open in this game? Clearly Weeden is terribly limited as a QB but he has no one on the outside to throw the ball to (if he is even allowed to). No one. Terrence Williams proves over and over again that he is completely unreliable. Devin Street? Yeah...doesn't appear to belong in the NFL. New guy from the Raiders? Randall Williams had great straight line speed too.

It is a really terrible situation to have a shitty QB and even shittier WRs. No hope but to throw dump offs and quick short routes to Dunbar, Witten, and Beasley, run the ball as well as possible knowing that the other team is going to dare you to do it, and play outstanding defense. Too bad the defense looked terrible yesterday.
He was dumping it off pretty fast before the long routes had time so there's noway to know if anyone would have got open.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I am not sure Weeden is as limited as what some think. In college he used to throw to receivers like Justin Blackmon if memory serves me right and there were a lot of deep routes with him. Maybe the limitations are with the receivers.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I am not sure Weeden is as limited as what some think. In college he used to throw to receivers like Justin Blackmon if memory serves me right and there were a lot of deep routes with him. Maybe the limitations are with the receivers.
See the above post. He wasn't letting them develop and looked to me going with the game plan.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think the limitation is the lack of trust from the coaching staff. It is most likely a very justified lack of trust but they may have to cut him loose a bit more in other games.

The WRs are also not going to do any backup QB types any favors. It is just a bad situation all the way around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

That's right. Don't step up and accept any blame.

Rev

Staff member
Did he throw his qb under the bus and then argue that he was effective?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did he throw his qb under the bus and then argue that he was effective?
Sure sounds like it.

Says he made bad decisions then praises him. Passive-aggressive nonsense once again from this guy.

If he had just said, yeah, we fucked up, we lost as a team, anything but this kind of shit.

It is not the first time he's done this, he has done it to Romo too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think the limitation is the lack of trust from the coaching staff. It is most likely a very justified lack of trust but they may have to cut him loose a bit more in other games.

The WRs are also not going to do any backup QB types any favors. It is just a bad situation all the way around.
It could well be in the minds of the coaching staff but it is obvious to me that if they are limiting the passing game they are also creating a recipe for failure so why not turn him loose. Lose by coaching limitations or player gamble gives the same result. It might surprise everyone to see what could happen. It is also obvious to me that the coaching mindset in the second half was to sit on the lead. That is also a recipe for a loss.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It could well be in the minds of the coaching staff but it is obvious to me that if they are limiting the passing game they are also creating a recipe for failure so why not turn him loose. Lose by coaching limitations or player gamble gives the same result. It might surprise everyone to see what could happen. It is also obvious to me that the coaching mindset in the second half was to sit on the lead. That is also a recipe for a loss.
The very first time he let it loose down the field he threw a terrible INT. One of the worst I have ever seen. So...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

That's right. Don't step up and accept any blame.
Friggin teflon ginger :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The very first time he let it loose down the field he threw a terrible INT. One of the worst I have ever seen. So...
When was that?. He threw one pick and it was a stupid attempt under duress to written. It probably traveled 15 yards.

Rev

Staff member
When was that?. He threw one pick and it was a stupid attempt under duress to written. It probably traveled 15 yards.
Well to be fair that was down the field for that gameplan yesterday.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom