2016 Mid-Season Poll: Regular Season Predictions

2016 Mid-Season Poll: Regular Season Predictions

• 10-6 or better: Division Champs (No bye)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-8 or better: Wild-Card

• Miss Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Worst part about this and it will probably happen, Dallas will lose in the playoffs.

Then we will get people crying that Romo would have made a difference.

Just maddening. This year is what it is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worst part about this and it will probably happen, Dallas will lose in the playoffs.

Romo has had 11 season's to win a Superbowl and has never sniffed one. It would take a real Romo homer to believe he would win it this year if Dak doesn't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Romo has had 11 season's to win a Superbowl and has never sniffed one. It would take a real Romo homer to believe he would win it this year if Dak doesn't.
The thought process defies logic. I would get it if he were even Danny White with three consecutive NFCC losses. He's not.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Your memory must be getting bad. Half the time in the 1990s, I could pass out drunk in the second quarter with the game well in hand and could wake up knowing we didn't blow it. Those games were hardly fight and scrape.
The had some blowouts but they also had losses and squeakers. Check the box scores. A third of the games were pretty tight and half were go away wins with the remainder being losses.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

That's the jist of it and why the organization should be ready to make changes if the game it getting away. There is no next week.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

If we do lose in the playoffs, I'm shutting down every god damn thread on this board that erupts in a Romo could have done it better discussion.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If we do lose in the playoffs, I'm shutting down every god damn thread on this board that erupts in a Romo could have done it better discussion.
Yes , well that seems really fair. :zzz

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny thing is, Dak has already matched the furthest Romo has ever gone in the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Funny thing is, Dak has already matched the furthest Romo has ever gone in the playoffs.
And, by the numbers, Romo in 2014 had an even better run game than we did this year. Just saying.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The thought process defies logic. I would get it if he were even Danny White with three consecutive NFCC losses. He's not.
Equating a QB's capabilities with his teams deepest progress through the playoffs is what defies logic. It's media thinking and a gross over-simplification. (Good lord if Romo ever had the defenses White did...)

To win the Superbowl, Dak will have to take more shots downfield like a healthy Romo can and will. The offensive gameplan will have to be more like the last three periods vs. Detroit.

This is not about whether Romo's back will last years (which it won't) or cost the 2014 team seeding (which it did) or last the 2016 season (which it wouldn't have).

This is not about Dak's or Romo's career or the future of the Cowboys.

This is about a Superbowl championship. This is about the next three games.

If Dallas is down 17-6 after the first half vs the Giants and Dak has struggled like he did in his previous two games vs NY, you're stupid not to try Romo.

This is not about the fucking future.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't checked the stats but I don't think that group led the league in rushing allowed, etc.
We were 8th in rushing yards allowed. Tied for 16th at 4.2 yards per carry.

We were 26th in passing yards which isn't very good but 13th in the NFL in QB rating against (Because that defense was actually capable of creating a lot of turnovers).

This years defense is better but that 2014 defense was actually not bad at all statistically. Much like this year people just thought it was going to be god awful and were very surprised once the season started.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This years defense is better but that 2014 defense was actually not bad at all statistically. Much like this year people just thought it was going to be god awful and were very surprised once the season started.
That defense was in a complete shambles by the playoffs. We couldn't field three competent LB's or two legit safeties.

data

Forbes #1
This is becoming a Barry vs Emmitt debate. "If Romo had Dak's team..." "Emmitt didn't break long runs like Barry did"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is becoming a Barry vs Emmitt debate. "If Romo had Dak's team..." "Emmitt didn't break long runs like Barry did"
Not really because Emmitt and Barry had long careers. Emmitt moreso.

Top Bottom