User Tag List

Page 646 of 651 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 6502

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well now he's officially scrapped for Game 6 so the result is a foregone conclusion.
    Yea, I mean I still favor the Warriors in a game 7 assuming either Iguodala plays or Paul is somewhere around 80%.

They were down 3-1 against OKC two years ago and were getting their asses beat bad, blown out by like 20 more than once. They're barely losing these games to the Rockets so if they get Iguodala back and/or Paul isn't full speed you have to favor them I think.

Sucks that the Warriors are catching yet another break.

The only way I see the Rockets winning either of the final 2 games is if Harden finds his stroke again and goes crazy for 40+ points.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Sucks that the Warriors are catching yet another break.

The only way I see the Rockets winning either of the final 2 games is if Harden finds his stroke again and goes crazy for 40+ points.
    Dont count them out just yet.
    #Fire Garrett

Next man up.... so far so good.
    #Fire Garrett

Terry Rozier went full 1994 Game 7 John Starks tonight.

2/14 shooting; 0/10 from 3-point range.

When you get to 0 for 5 from beyond the arc wouldn't you stop shooting and start driving more? This generation of of NBA players are way too reliant on the 3 point shot.

Holy shit Boston lost? Crazy.

CP3's absence should not be a blanket excuse. If I'm a Rockets fan I'm furious at how D'Antoni managed last night's game.

He pretty much just sat up there and shrugged his shoulders as his team collapsed and fired up brick after brick.....to the tune of 27 straight missed 3 point attempts.

Your season's on the line and you don't even consider changing things up? You just keeping "doing the things that got you there" even though those "things" were digging you into a deep hole?

You can't expect to win a title if you're going to be rigid in your approach to coaching and game planning. Coaches who are willing to adjust are the ones that hoist the trophies every year. Coaches who simply "stick to the plan" are usually the ones left wondering "what if".

I watched my OKC Thunder piss away their chance at a title in the 2012 Finals because Scott Brooks was too rigid in his coaching philosophy.....he refused to remove Kendrick Perkins from the lineup and that was one of the major reasons why the Heat won that series.

Kerr made adjustments at halftime the last two games. While D'Antoni stayed the course and looked completely ill-prepared to counter adjustments the Warriors threw at them.

I really dont know much about D'Antoni at all but my brother (who follows the NBA much more than I do) wasnt too thrilled about the hire. Sounds like he did exactly what my brother said he would do.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post

I really dont know much about D'Antoni at all but my brother (who follows the NBA much more than I do) wasnt too thrilled about the hire. Sounds like he did exactly what my brother said he would do.
    He's a really good regular season coach. If you have a solid roster he'll get your team to 50+ wins.

His problem is once the postseason rolls around he lacks coaching skills to get past talented teams led by upper echelon coaches.

BTW, Harden really shit the bed as well in the second half of the last two games. His final numbers look good, but he completely disappeared when his team needed him most. Unacceptable for the supposed MVP. Coming up small in the postseason is becoming his calling card.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    He's a really good regular season coach. If you have a solid roster he'll get your team to 50+ wins.

His problem is once the postseason rolls around he lacks coaching skills to get past talented teams led by upper echelon coaches.

BTW, Harden really shit the bed as well in the second half of the last two games. His final numbers look good, but he completely disappeared when his team needed him most. Unacceptable for the supposed MVP. Coming up small in the postseason is becoming his calling card.
    So the Jason Garrett of the NBA. FML
    #Fire Garrett