10 dead in Oregon Community College shooting

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, just fuck the constitution. Got it.
So you are telling me there have never been amendments to the original Constitution that have caused social change in this country?

Well how about that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this is a big part of it.
So let's start a national movement to address the narcissitic creeps with ridiculous senses of entitlement.

First step, identification. Good luck with that one. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So you are telling me there have never been amendments to the original Constitution that have caused social change in this country?

Well how about that.
I would say of all of our amendments this would be the most important to protect the citizens from a government that might get too big for itself and have to be taken down. I know, sounds crazy to most sensitive in today's pussified society, but it's crucial in case your gov't has gotten the point to where reform won't fix it, and we are damn close to that now.

Cotton

Staff member
So let's start a national movement to address the narcissitic creeps with ridiculous senses of entitlement.

Still no solutions from you except chucking the constitution and creating a new gov't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still no solutions from you except chucking the constitution and creating a new gov't.
Again, you don't think there have been amendments to the Constitution that have affected social change?

Gee, I guess that Prohibition thing just flew right over your head.

townsend

Banned

Like I said, I don't know a fix for it. I just know gun regulation will do dick and shit. The reasons for this are pretty obvious. We aren't Australia or any other country where they have things for young men to do other than be all isolated and crazy.

In a few short generations we've erased agricultural jobs and trade skills, and effectively extended childhood (for men) to 25. We have an economy based on small mobile, unstable families that can move where the work is. So a lot of men have nothing going on for them, and had little to no real social ties. This is why men also own the lions share of suicides.

Only an asshole would suggest a quick and simple solution to a big problem that's been generations in the making.

Cotton

Staff member
Again, you don't think there have been amendments to the Constitution that have affected social change?

Gee, I guess that Prohibition thing just flew right over your head.
You're comparing the right to bear arms to prohibition? Seriously?

Cotton

Staff member
Like I said, I don't know a fix for it. I just know gun regulation will do dick and shit. The reasons for this are pretty obvious. We aren't Australia or any other country where they have things for young men to do other than be all isolated and crazy.

In a few short generations we've erased agricultural jobs and trade skills, and effectively extended childhood (for men) to 25. We have an economy based on small mobile, unstable families that can move where the work is. So a lot of men have nothing going on for them, and had little to no real social ties. This is why men also own the lions share of suicides.

Only an asshole would suggest a quick and simple solution to a big problem that's been generations in the making.
This is why I said other countries solutions can't be used as examples for an effective solution for ours. The culture is too different.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Again, other civilized countries found a compromise that works.

We just can't.

I guess it is because we are in love with our own romanticized versions of what we think this country was founded upon and everyone is a Cowboy in the Wild West where gosh durn it, things just work themselves out.

I don't know of a solution and I won't pretend I do.

I just think that we have got so numb to the issue and it so engrained in some stupid ass shit mentality about being "American" that all perspective is lost.

Frankly, the current laws can continue forever and ever amen as far as I am concerned.

I don't own a gun, don't feel the need to and if someone wants an arsenal, go on with your bad ass self.

I just think it is pathetic that we have a society where any dickhead with a mental problem or a social agenda can just go shoot a bunch of people and the answer to that is simply "'Murca".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is why I said other countries solutions can't be used as examples for an effective solution for ours. The culture is too different.
You don't know a whole hell of a lot about Australia do you?

There are some very significant parallels.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't see that anyone has really addressed Townsend's point about the angry useless teen males being raised in this country versus elsewhere.

He's essentially saying that these types aren't in other developed countries that have gun control laws. Counterpoint?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No idea if shooter was muslim or what but it's being reported he was asking peoples religion and shooting Christians in the head, anyone else he shot in the legs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like having a shotgun, I don't think the solution to killings like these is to take it away from me. Just saying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't see that anyone has really addressed Townsend's point about the angry useless teen males being raised in this country versus elsewhere.

He's essentially saying that these types aren't in other developed countries that have gun control laws. Counterpoint?
Yeah.

I think it is a stupid point.

Angry useless teen males are victims. Just like everyone else in this country of entitled imbeciles.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah.

I think it is a stupid point.

Angry useless teen males are victims. Just like everyone else in this country of entitled imbeciles.
You are agreeing that our culture is different and can't be compared to other countries. Which you tried to argue with me about. It is a stupid point. I agree.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You are agreeing that our culture is different and can't be compared to other countries. Which you tried to argue with me about. It is a stupid point. I agree.
So kids in Australia are raised better?

Top Bottom