Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys UDFA signings:

Jeff Heath, DB, Saginaw Valley State
Brandon Magee, LB, Arizonas State
James Vandenberg, QB, Iowa
What a waste. I'm an Iowa fan and I want nothing to do with Vandenberg. What the hell, Cowboys never get an Iowa player and when they finally do it has to be that shitbrick. His accuracy blows donkey dick.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I'm guessing Escobar will be leaving 4 years from now. I'm guessing Witten is still here another 5 years. So yeah we will be using another second round pick on a TE within the next 4 years.
Even if Escobar blows up I don't see how we could afford both players or really why Escobar would want to stay and continue being second fiddle to Witten. Even if Witten shows some decline I don't think there's any way Jerry cuts him in favor of the younger guy. One way or another the team will be in the TE market again soon. They can't help themselves.

Lotuseater

Banned
I admire booze's ability to fit 'Peppi Zellner' into an actual sentence. Proppies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if Escobar blows up I don't see how we could afford both players or really why Escobar would want to stay and continue being second fiddle to Witten. Even if Witten shows some decline I don't think there's any way Jerry cuts him in favor of the younger guy. One way or another the team will be in the TE market again soon. They can't help themselves.
Only way Escobar sticks for a second contract is a Witten injury or Witten retirement over the next three years. I just can't see Dallas and Romo phasing Witten out any other way.

Rayman

Brand New Member
What a waste. I'm an Iowa fan and I want nothing to do with Vandenberg. What the hell, Cowboys never get an Iowa player and when they finally do it has to be that shitbrick. His accuracy blows donkey dick.
No doubt. I've been waiting forever for a Hawkeye on this team and this is what I get?

D

Deuce

Stop your bitchin'. I've waited forever for a UCF Knight in the team and last offseason I got a friggin' long snapper.

Carp

DCC 4Life
In a vacuum we got good players, but we could have gotten the same level talent while filling more needed areas.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Tyler Bray signs udfa deal with Dolphins.

Saw this earlier: @Schottey: One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray …called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree. I saw him in a few games this past season and he looked pretty inept. This really puzzles me. McGee was better but he wasn't close to being NFL material.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like Bray signed with KC actually.
Yep.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
RT @Buffalo_Wolf: NOT the Dolphins? ... Not the Dolphins. Tyler Bray is headed to Kansas City to the Chiefs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jimmy Kempski ‏@Jimmy_Beast 12m
In the last 7 drafts since Parcells left, the #Cowboys have drafted just 3 defensive linemen, and only 1 in the first 3 rounds.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Only way Escobar sticks for a second contract is a Witten injury or Witten retirement over the next three years. I just can't see Dallas and Romo phasing Witten out any other way.
Anyone who's talented will stick, period. Martellus Bennett wasn't prepared enough in games when it counted. Fasano couldn't get on the field. If Escobar is like that, then he's gone in four seasons.

If Escobar really can live up to being a 2nd round talent, then no way he leaves Dallas, pure and simple. At first inspection it appears he and Witten have complementary skills. Witten has speed and size to separate in the open field while Escobar has the ups to go get the ball in the redzone. I was impressed watching Escobar catch the football in just the small sampling from his combine video. I think if Romo gets it in the vicinity Escobar is the type to snatch it.

They both seem to lack quickness and breakaway speed, but that's where it appears Hannah can contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom