Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Eagles | 12/14/2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Shit. i didn't understand that safety rule. Props to Bill Levy.
That has to be a new rule. I have never heard of that within the last 2 mins rule before in my life.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Indy clinched. Hopefully they let up next week knowing that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That has to be a new rule. I have never heard of that within the last 2 mins rule before in my life.
They didn't do a good job of explaining it, but I think it reverts back to the Holy Roller play between Oak/SD in the 1970s.

data

Forbes #1
That Holy Roller-ish rule also applies to 4th downs, I believe, regardless of time.

I remember Moose got hit with that rule against the NY Jets in the early 90s.

Cotton

Staff member
They didn't do a good job of explaining it, but I think it reverts back to the Holy Roller play between Oak/SD in the 1970s.
School me.

Cotton

Staff member
Go Niners!

Cotton

Staff member
Just can't bring myself to say that
It's all about the laundry. I don't care what it takes, I just want in the playoffs. By. any. means. necessary.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
School me.
In response to the Holy Roller, the league passed new rules in the offseason, restricting fumble recoveries by the offense. If a player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, or on fourth down at any time during the game, only the fumbling player can recover and advance the ball. If that player's teammate recovers the ball during those situations, it is placed back at the spot of the fumble.

Cotton

Staff member
Go Vikings!

Cotton

Staff member
In response to the Holy Roller, the league passed new rules in the offseason, restricting fumble recoveries by the offense. If a player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, or on fourth down at any time during the game, only the fumbling player can recover and advance the ball. If that player's teammate recovers the ball during those situations, it is placed back at the spot of the fumble.
So, it is a new rule. I figured it had to be.

Cotton

Staff member
Nice start so far in the SF/Seattle game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's all about the laundry. I don't care what it takes, I just want in the playoffs. By. any. means. necessary.
Feh.

Earn it bitches. I am tired of this team failing to get the job done when it is pretty damn clear what they need to do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not trying to be arrogant, but the Lions are even more of a joke of a prospect playoff team than we are.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh.

Earn it bitches. I am tired of this team failing to get the job done when it is pretty damn clear what they need to do.
They still have to beat the Eagles, regardless, IMO. So, they do still have to do their part.

Again, go Niners!

Cotton

Staff member
That was the offseason after the 1978 season.
Wow, good call on everyone. I did not know that rule existed. Guess it doesn't happen very often.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bridgewater is clearly the best of the rookie QBs.

Top Bottom