User Tag List

Page 615 of 615 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615
Results 6,141 to 6,144 of 6144

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Apparently the Bulls wanted either the 3rd pick or Nets '18 pick from Boston for Butler, Ainge said no to both.

Surprising, but I think it shows what they think of Tatum.
    I like Tatum, but seeing as it appears that the Cavs aren't going to acquire Butler (obviously) or George (it's safe to say that the Cavs are going to largely remain the same team they were this past season), I really think the Celtics should have given up one of those picks for Butler.

I think Butler, Heyward, and what they have in place now would've been enough to give the Cavs a run for their money next year.

It's not like they had to give up both picks, so you'd still have either Tatum and Butler or Butler and next year's sure-fire top 5 pick.

Why would you not do that deal?

Tatum is talented, but there's no guarantee he'll be great or even successful. Why not the already proven, 27 year old star SG?
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    I like Tatum, but seeing as it appears that the Cavs aren't going to acquire Butler (obviously) or George (it's safe to say that the Cavs are going to largely remain the same team they were this past season), I really think the Celtics should have given up one of those picks for Butler.

I think Butler, Heyward, and what they have in place now would've been enough to give the Cavs a run for their money next year.

It's not like they had to give up both picks, so you'd still have either Tatum and Butler or Butler and next year's sure-fire top 5 pick.

Why would you not do that deal?

Tatum is talented, but there's no guarantee he'll be great or even successful. Why not the already proven, 27 year old star SG?
    Because it's not a good deal if you think he's a 1 year rental.

Either Minnesota knows that and they are hoping that they can convince him later, or Thibs already keeps in touch with him and knows he can. Either way, you can't give up a premium resource for a 1 year player.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because it's not a good deal if you think he's a 1 year rental.

Either Minnesota knows that and they are hoping that they can convince him later, or Thibs already keeps in touch with him and knows he can. Either way, you can't give up a premium resource for a 1 year player.
    That's fair, but I would've taken the chance because I would like my odds of him wanting to stay with a team that is setup to compete for a spot in the Finals for a very long time.

That team also happens to be arguably the NBA's most historic and prestigious, so I personally would've pulled the trigger and like my chances to convince him to stay.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Butler has two years left on his deal, PG is the rental.