A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
To me the primary reason this topic has generated this kind of reaction is because to the normal and routine mindset it seems ridiculous to conceive that someone can simply make a declaration about themselves and expect the rest of the world to turn everything upside down to comply.
Aside from the obvious screwiness of this "rule", the other reason I posted it that few seem to have acknowledged as wrong was the fact that the president is in essence again trying to create laws by bypassing congress and forcing public schools to comply with this nonsense.

townsend

Banned
Aside from the obvious screwiness of this "rule", the other reason I posted it that few seem to have acknowledged as wrong was the fact that the president is in essence again trying to create laws by bypassing congress and forcing public schools to comply with this nonsense.
This was an issue well before the Pres jumped into the debate. As an aside the Lt. Governor did the same thing by trying to force his opposing views on Texas School districts so it's not like there aren't guys trying to push their weight around on both sides of the issue.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah and according to some he speaks for the nation. Sorry but when one person thinks they can just determine something and then speak it into law then it is a monarchy not a democracy or republic. We do not have a king so the President does not speak for the nation in all matters.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
This was an issue well before the Pres jumped into the debate. As an aside the Lt. Governor did the same thing by trying to force his opposing views on Texas School districts so it's not like there aren't guys trying to push their weight around on both sides of the issue.
This isn't a matter of who did what, when. This may have been personal to the .0005% of the population that is transgendered, but not to an entire nation. And, pushing this BS down into the schools where the number is far less is even more ridiculous. The president has overstepped his authority yet again and it is the appropriate place of the states to push back against it. It's damn skippy the Republican led Congress hasn't done it as they should have. The state level is the appropriate place for school decisions to be made, not the office of the president and his cronies in national education and justice.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
are you against gay couples adopting?
I am on one hand, and not on the other.

I truly think there could be nothing better than a homeless or orphaned child being adopted and loved by a family..gay or otherwise. The problem I have is that no matter what, society is never going to accept the gay community 100%...the ridicule a child faces by his own peer group for having 2 parents of the same sex may be damaging beyond repair. In that case, I feel badly for the child. But I also feel badly for children who may never be loved by a family. Its a tough view from my side.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am on one hand, and not on the other.

I truly think there could be nothing better than a homeless or orphaned child being adopted and loved by a family..gay or otherwise. The problem I have is that no matter what, society is never going to accept the gay community 100%...the ridicule a child faces by his own peer group for having 2 parents of the same sex may be damaging beyond repair. In that case, I feel badly for the child. But I also feel badly for children who may never be loved by a family. Its a tough view from my side.
I don't think that ridicule is that damaging anymore especially with all of the anti bully stuff that is going on.

You would be amazed at what kids are cool with concerning these things.

I work with J.H. kids and they are way more tolerant of stuff like that and these kids are monsters to each other.

Parents are overall pretty out of bounds.

Plus with so many single parents these days having 2 caregivers at home is a step up for most.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Transgender Teacher Gets $60k After Co-Workers Won’t Call Her ‘They’

Photo of Blake Neff
BLAKE NEFF
Reporter
8:58 PM 05/23/2016

Leo Soell, a "transmasculine," "genderqueer" teacher in Oregon. [The Oregonian video screengrab/http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/05/gresham_barlow_transgender_tea.html]
A “transmasculine” teacher at an Oregon elementary school has been awarded $60,000 by her school district as compensation for harassment she claims to have suffered on the job, including being referred to by the wrong pronoun.

According to The Oregonian, Leo Soell was born a woman, but now prefers to identify as “transmasculine” and “genderqueer,” meaning she does not consider herself to be male or female. After getting breast cancer in late 2014, she had her breasts amputated to create a more masculine appearance and changed her name to Leo. Once she returned from medical school in May, 2015, Soell was fully public with her gender-neutral identity.

Once she returned to work, Soell claims she fell victim to relentless harassment from her co-workers. She says employees persisted in calling her hurtful terms like “Miss Soell,” “lady,” and “she.” If a student asked Soell’s sex, she says she was ordered to reply it was a private matter not suitable for discussion at school.

Some teachers were even worse, Soell said. She claimed one teacher screamed at her in the hallway that her gender choice was offensive to God, and she said teachers conspired to use the school’s only gender-neutral bathroom so Soell would have to wait a half-hour or more to use it. (RELATED: Oregon Orders Schools To Let Boys Play Girls Sports)

The school conducted an internal investigation after Soell complained, but found no proof of harassment.

Eventually, Soell was able to cut a deal with the school to have her referred to by her preferred pronoun, “they,” but Soell said the harassment didn’t stop, so she finally hired an attorney and prepared to file an official complaint.

Oregon is a very friendly state for individuals who claim they have suffered discrimination based on gender identity. The state’s labor commissioner, Brad Avakian, forced a bakery to pay $135,000 to a lesbian couple they wouldn’t bake a cake for, and he has also compelled a bar owner to pay a whopping $400,000 to a group of transgender customers he tried to ban from his bar.

Eager to avoid meeting a similar fate, district officials agreed to pay Soell $60,000 in compensation for her emotional distress, and they also agreed to adopt a whole battery of new policies to make the district more transgender-friendly. Among other things, the new policy will require all teachers to refer to their co-workers by their preferred names and pronouns, and it will also ensure transgender employees and students have their bathroom needs met. Teachers who refuse to comply with the pronoun command may be fired, the school district warns.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/23/transgender-teacher-gets-60k-after-co-workers-wont-call-her-they/#ixzz49bnPZLDP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Transgender Teacher Gets $60k After Co-Workers Won’t Call Her ‘They’

Photo of Blake Neff
BLAKE NEFF
Reporter
8:58 PM 05/23/2016

Leo Soell, a "transmasculine," "genderqueer" teacher in Oregon. [The Oregonian video screengrab/http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/05/gresham_barlow_transgender_tea.html]
A “transmasculine” teacher at an Oregon elementary school has been awarded $60,000 by her school district as compensation for harassment she claims to have suffered on the job, including being referred to by the wrong pronoun.

According to The Oregonian, Leo Soell was born a woman, but now prefers to identify as “transmasculine” and “genderqueer,” meaning she does not consider herself to be male or female. After getting breast cancer in late 2014, she had her breasts amputated to create a more masculine appearance and changed her name to Leo. Once she returned from medical school in May, 2015, Soell was fully public with her gender-neutral identity.

Once she returned to work, Soell claims she fell victim to relentless harassment from her co-workers. She says employees persisted in calling her hurtful terms like “Miss Soell,” “lady,” and “she.” If a student asked Soell’s sex, she says she was ordered to reply it was a private matter not suitable for discussion at school.

Some teachers were even worse, Soell said. She claimed one teacher screamed at her in the hallway that her gender choice was offensive to God, and she said teachers conspired to use the school’s only gender-neutral bathroom so Soell would have to wait a half-hour or more to use it. (RELATED: Oregon Orders Schools To Let Boys Play Girls Sports)

The school conducted an internal investigation after Soell complained, but found no proof of harassment.

Eventually, Soell was able to cut a deal with the school to have her referred to by her preferred pronoun, “they,” but Soell said the harassment didn’t stop, so she finally hired an attorney and prepared to file an official complaint.

Oregon is a very friendly state for individuals who claim they have suffered discrimination based on gender identity. The state’s labor commissioner, Brad Avakian, forced a bakery to pay $135,000 to a lesbian couple they wouldn’t bake a cake for, and he has also compelled a bar owner to pay a whopping $400,000 to a group of transgender customers he tried to ban from his bar.

Eager to avoid meeting a similar fate, district officials agreed to pay Soell $60,000 in compensation for her emotional distress, and they also agreed to adopt a whole battery of new policies to make the district more transgender-friendly. Among other things, the new policy will require all teachers to refer to their co-workers by their preferred names and pronouns, and it will also ensure transgender employees and students have their bathroom needs met. Teachers who refuse to comply with the pronoun command may be fired, the school district warns.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/23/transgender-teacher-gets-60k-after-co-workers-wont-call-her-they/#ixzz49bnPZLDP
But we should just accept this bullshit. No, these people don't have mental problems. :lol

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Everyone knows transgender people have mental issues, I mean you only have breasts and see how fucked up you are...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Correct. But this new law would let him in and nobody could stop him. If they tried, he'd only have to say he "identified as a woman."

Frankly, I'm surprised you would post something that supports the opposite of what you were claiming. I'll just assume you saw another retarded meme to post, got all excited and started to hyperventilate, and didn't really think it through.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

townsend

Banned
Playmate of the year Dani Mathers just got in (social, not legal) trouble for taking pictures of a naked woman at her gym and sharing it on Instagram, I guess we can't let any gender in the women's room.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Playmate of the year Dani Mathers just got in (social, not legal) trouble for taking pictures of a naked woman at her gym and sharing it on Instagram, I guess we can't let any gender in the women's room.
No, she should just be charged with invasion of privacy and prosecuted accordingly.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't think you made some great point here. There is a huge difference, and that's a terrible analogy in an effort to make that point.

townsend

Banned
Don't think you made some great point here. There is a huge difference, and that's a terrible analogy in an effort to make that point.
Is there a difference? Seems to me if any person is taking pictures of people in bathrooms/locker rooms/changing rooms they should be prosecuted. If anything we should watch out more for Cis women, who can probably take pictures of others with their phone, without anyone being suspicious.

Cotton

Staff member
Is there a difference? Seems to me if any person is taking pictures of people in bathrooms/locker rooms/changing rooms they should be prosecuted. If anything we should watch out more for Cis women, who can probably take pictures of others with their phone, without anyone being suspicious.
I do think she should be prosecuted. But, that has jack and shit to do with my opinion on whether men should be allowed in women's restrooms.

townsend

Banned
I do think she should be prosecuted. But, that has jack and shit to do with my opinion on whether men should be allowed in women's restrooms.
Well the question is whether or not we should consider trans people identifying women as women. Which we obviously differ on. My point is that we aren't actually preventing voyeurism even if we don't allow that. The only reason that bitch got caught is because she posted it on Instagram. So you'd be hard pressed to believe there aren't women who do the exact same shit. They'd just get away with it because no one's going to think twice about a woman fiddling with her phone.

Top Bottom