The Great Police Work Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What's so fucking pathetic right now is that there is leadership needed.

We have Obama. And soon, Clinton or Trump.

Happy Days.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
We basically have domestic terrorism that is active, yet our President won't acknowledge it.

So, will it take another baker's dozen before it becomes acknowledged as a real problem?
I am not of the kind to scream in my car 'cause I hate Obama or whatever, but the guy has been too legacy-conscious . It's like he's afraid to name these problems and hopes that he can be remembered for "no terrorist attacks."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am not of the kind to scream in my car 'cause I hate Obama or whatever, but the guy has been too legacy-conscious . It's like he's afraid to name these problems and hopes that he can be remembered for "no terrorist attacks."
I am the same way. I don't think Obama is the worstest of the worstest, but he has failed recently. And hard.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
If you'd prefer not to sleep tonight, and you'd like to understand why we're doomed, go read the comments on Gawker under the article about Officer Jackson's Facebook post.

"Subjugation of black communities" this. "No good cops" that. Bunch of goddamned perpetual college sophomores.

I know this is all immaterial, and internet comment boxes are always a stew of extremist nincompoops, but damn.

I read a lot of Gawker and Breitbart to keep up with what the loonies are up to, but I'm starting to rethink this strategy.

townsend

Banned
If you'd prefer not to sleep tonight, and you'd like to understand why we're doomed, go read the comments on Gawker under the article about Officer Jackson's Facebook post.

"Subjugation of black communities" this. "No good cops" that. Bunch of goddamned perpetual college sophomores.

I know this is all immaterial, and internet comment boxes are always a stew of extremist nincompoops, but damn.

I read a lot of Gawker and Breitbart to keep up with what the loonies are up to, but I'm starting to rethink this strategy.
That sounds like a path to madness.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Thanks for the well wishes all. Day 1 was long but really interesting. I'll tell you about it sometime soon when I'm not so bushed.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
not back yet, i'm here all week. Today there were protesters, Muslim fol practicing open carry with rifles, people threatening to throw balls filled with poop or bottles filled with urine. Thankfully that stuff is on the outside of the perimeter and not near where we are working in the Q. I feel for the cops outside though, it could get ugly fast.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
not back yet, i'm here all week. Today there were protesters, Muslim fol practicing open carry with rifles, people threatening to throw balls filled with poop or bottles filled with urine. Thankfully that stuff is on the outside of the perimeter and not near where we are working in the Q. I feel for the cops outside though, it could get ugly fast.
Stay safe up there, forts. :headbang

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
#BlackLivesMatter Protest Turns Into Cookout With Cops
By Jarod Hector - July 20, 2016 0 124

A local Black Lives Matter group in Wichita, Kansas planned to conduct a protest this past Sunday. When the organizers met with the local authorities to discuss, the group changed their mind and decided to have a community cookout in conjunction with the police department.

In the wake of the terrible incidents occurring all across our nation the two groups in Kansas decided, open dialogue was the best way to go about enacting the necessary change in police/community relations. The new event, hailed as the “First Steps BBQ,” was an important gesture on both sides. According to the USA Today, Wichita Chief of Police Gordon Ramsay said:

It takes two parties to make a healthy relationship.

Members of the Wichita police department played basketball with the kids at the event, served food and danced. The event also had a serious tone as Chief Ramsay engaged in a Q+A session with the attendees. Immediately following the session the chief offered to continue the conversation with community leaders. He also implored his peers across the country to follow his lead.

I do want to challenge other police departments and communities to do the same things with first steps community cookout.

This is all well and good and I applaud the BLM movement leaders in Wichita as as well as Chief Ramsay and his staff on this important step. But, that’s all this was, a first step. Important, yes. But not enough. It’s easy to say and do the right things when everyone is eating, dancing, playing and laughing. What happens next week, next month, next year? If this is indeed a first step, the improvement in relations will show with the subsequent actions on both sides. There needs to be a comprehensive plan where both sides come to the table and agree upon the measures by which the police and community will interact.

This is really really cool. We need more of this.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Upon tasting the ribs, the police chief remarked, " Bloody hell! What a disgusting mess!"

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Everyone ignores that Midwest Barbecue is disgusting in a show of solidarity.
Compared to Texas BBQ, everything is disgusting. That's right. I said it.

townsend

Banned
Compared to Texas BBQ, everything is disgusting. That's right. I said it.
Agreed. I actually had some really good barbecue in Chicago. But it wasn't saucy. I hate all the kinds of meat soup that people try and sell as barbecue.

Top Bottom