Video Game Chatter

D

Deuce

It's there, they just changed removed Tyson's name from it.

They made that change a very long time ago.
Are you sure its the same one? I know they made a few Punch Out games, I just assumed the one listed was one of those.

Really, the only thing this package is missing is Shinobi and Double Dragon and it would probably be the greatest collection ever made.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Are you sure its the same one? I know they made a few Punch Out games, I just assumed the one listed was one of those.

Really, the only thing this package is missing is Shinobi and Double Dragon and it would probably be the greatest collection ever made.
Are you really questioning the video game nerd's knowledge?! :ez

Yes, I am positive that this is the same game. Nintendo only had a license to use Mike Tyson's image rights for so long, so when that contractual right came to an end, they renamed the game and threw in Mr. Dream in his place.

This is nothing new, amateur. This change was made in the very early 90's.

Oh, and about the games, they really did a great job getting practically every core NES game that every kid played. I'm impressed.

Like you, I think the only thing really missing is Double Dragon 1, Contra, Baseball Stars, and Super Dodgeball.

As for Shinobi, it couldn't be on the NES because it was a Sega game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Here's the complete list of games:

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts'N Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Contra, Double Dragon 1, Baseball Stars/R.B.I., Super Dodgeball, and Track and Field -- those are the only games missing from this list that I can think of that were games that every single person I know that owned an NES played.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not on the original Tecmo Bowl. The Chiefs weren't a team on the original version.
Man, [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] is making all kinds of mistakes today.

I'll have to revoke his gamer's club membership. :geek

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Are you really questioning the video game nerd's knowledge?! :ez

Yes, I am positive that this is the same game. Nintendo only had a license to use Mike Tyson's image rights for so long, so when that contractual right came to an end, they renamed the game and threw in Mr. Dream in his place.

This is nothing new, amateur. This change was made in the very early 90's.

Oh, and about the games, they really did a great job getting practically every core NES game that every kid played. I'm impressed.

Like you, I think the only thing really missing is Double Dragon 1, Contra, Baseball Stars, and Super Dodgeball.

As for Shinobi, it couldn't be on the NES because it was a Sega game.
Ayuh. Deuce is showing his video game inexperience. I'm calling for a 24 hour ban from the Video Game thread.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is weird that they would include Super C, which was a very good game too, over the original Contra.

They obviously got the OK from Konami to include their entity, so why not use the original classic instead?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think of core games that aren't in the list.

It's still an excellent collection, mind you, but StarTropics, Dr. Mario, and Kirby's Adventure aren't part of that awesome, early generation of NES classics.

They could have been replaced by the list I posted earlier, but also, what about Double Dribble, Ice Hockey, and Pro Wrestling? Who didn't play those games?

Starman FTMFW!

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think of core games that aren't in the list.

It's still an excellent collection, mind you, but StarTropics, Dr. Mario, and Kirby's Adventure aren't part of that awesome, early generation of NES classics.

They could have been replaced by the list I posted earlier, but also, what about Double Dribble, Ice Hockey, and Pro Wrestling? Who didn't play those games?

Starman FTMFW!

This was the first one I thought of. A winner is this console, but there are some missing.

D

Deuce

Ayuh. Deuce is showing his video game inexperience. I'm calling for a 24 hour ban from the Video Game thread.
I stand by my questioning of the Punch Out game....but forgetting Shinobi was Sega was embarrassing. However, I will not apologize for thinking of it because that game was the shit.

D

Deuce

And as mentioned, track and field was huge...but would it be as fun without the pad? I doubt it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And as mentioned, track and field was huge...but would it be as fun without the pad? I doubt it.
Which pad? You mean that stupid power pad? That thing sucked.

And it wasn't designed for Track and Field, it was packaged with a shitty track and field game called World Class Track Meet.

Real Track and Field pros would never consider using that gay pad, and would only use the standard standard NES controller. Finger speed is what separated the men from the boys on T&F.

Deuce, you have disappointed me so much on this day. :sad

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Which pad? You mean that stupid power pad? That thing sucked.

And it wasn't designed for Track and Field, it was packaged with a shitty track and field game called World Class Track Meet.

Real Track and Field pros would never consider using that gay pad, and would only use the standard standard NES controller. Finger speed is what separated the men from the boys on T&F.

Deuce, you have disappointed me so much on this day. :sad
You guys can F yourself for that one. The power pad was awesome. You can keep your button mashing for the running. I want the real deal.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

This is how the real pros do it while fags do it the power pad way:

Top Bottom