NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oh...and the Pacers are trying to trade for him too...so he has value to teams still.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He is a legit starting SF. His contract is 2 years 27 mil...which is cheap considering current contracts.
He does nothing for that team next year or for the future why would they tie up that much cap space for a plus 30 year old guy?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not sure why you are having a hard time with this...the post you quoted clearly stated Olajuwan, Barkley, and Drexler. I do not even mention Pippen...carry on though.
What?

I don't remember a bunch of fags whining and crying when Payton and Malone joined Kobe and Shaq...same with Olajuwan, Barkley, Drexler, and Pippen when Drexler retired.
And the Rockets traded for Barkley.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So somehow his dignity is in question because he signed with the Warriors. They have a great front office, a coach players want to play for, a young outstanding nucleus, and a great fan base.

I'm sure he regrets the Tweet about Lebron, much like Lebron regretted saying the amount of titles he was going to win in Miami. When you are young you say some things you regret, I'm sure that is the case. If this is the reason you are questioning his dignity, then enjoy your hate and misery. It's really dumb though. I applauded Durant when he went after Cuban for saying Westbrook was not really a franchise player. Sticking up for his guy was great, even though he lacked dignity.
Yes, as a top 3 player in the league who was minutes from the Finals last year I do question his dignity as a supposed elite superstar, generational talent when he jumps ship from a team he's grown up with, a team that is a true title contender, a team that has another superstar in their prime to join the team that just bounced them in an epic 7 game series. Most importantly, a team that is their arch rival and is already a title winner who broke the regular season win record.

In my opinion he joined them because he was tired of competing with them (and LeBron to a lesser extent) and wanted a guaranteed title.

If he had joined the Celtics or Wizards or whoever I wouldn't have this opinion. I would think it was a bad decision because his best chance at a title would've been with OKC, but I wouldn't have thought it was a bitch move or anything like that.

Like I said, this is tantamount to Jordan leaving the Bulls for the Pistons in 1989, it's shameful honestly.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Kevin Durant had issues with the Oklahoma City offense last season, which played a role in his decision to leave the Thunder for the Warriors, reports Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck.

Durant announced Monday he will sign with the Warriors after nine seasons with the Thunder. Beck reports Durant wanted a more ball-movement oriented offense in Oklahoma City, and was also “frustrated” over recurring issues with Russell Westbrook, who often had the ball over Durant.

“Ultimately he got frustrated and felt that they had plateaued,” a source told Beck about Durant. “[Billy Donovan] came in, and he still had the same issues that he had with Russ under [Scott Brooks]. The offense didn't change much. He still had to take a ton of contested shots every game; and that's when he had the ball at all.”

Beck reports Durant is a fan of Warriors coach Steve Kerr’s “flowing offensive system,” which will likely place a small burden on Durant.

The Warriors are expected to sign Durant to a two-year, $54.3 million deal when players can sign contracts on July 7.

Durant, a four-time scoring champion and former MVP, has averaged 27.4 points per game in his career.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

It was already bad but now it's a laughingstock.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

It was already bad but now it's a laughingstock.
Dude, it's a joke.

That's just flat out pathetic.

Allen has 2 or 3 rings, he doesn't need to do this. It's lame if true.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ray Allen would be so perfect there...I kind of want to see the 40 plus guy do some work.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The thing about the Warriors though is that the Cavs beat them by brute force. Lebron and Thompson were imposing their will on them. They'll miss Bogut for sure.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wade cannot be serious about Den, but Chicago being his hometown makes sense...even the Knicks would make a compelling argument. The starting 5 would be crazy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The thing about the Warriors though is that the Cavs beat them by brute force. Lebron and Thompson were imposing their will on them. They'll miss Bogut for sure.
While true, I don't think any of that has a chance to happen if Draymond Green plays game 5.

I think that series would've been over that night and the narrative today would be far different than what it currently is.

Carp

DCC 4Life
While true, I don't think any of that has a chance to happen if Draymond Green plays game 5.

I think that series would've been over that night and the narrative today would be far different than what it currently is.
We can always play the what if game, but Green being there would not change Thompson chasing Curry around and causing him problems.

Carp

DCC 4Life
All the Durant talk has taken away from the talent wave the Sixers have added. Jerryd Bayless, Gerald Henderson, and Sergio Rodriguez. AKA...Spanish Chocolate.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Woj is reporting that Wade has agreed to sign with the Bulls. Miami took him for granted.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Woj is reporting that Wade has agreed to sign with the Bulls. Miami took him for granted.
They did take him for granted, but does it really matter? They weren't close to being a championship contender so having him or not won't make a difference.

As for Wade, I'm guessing he's been a bit humbled by all this. He probably thought he'd have suitors left and right and it didn't exactly work out that way.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They did take him for granted, but does it really matter? They weren't close to being a championship contender so having him or not won't make a difference.

As for Wade, I'm guessing he's been a bit humbled by all this. He probably thought he'd have suitors left and right and it didn't exactly work out that way.
Well he did have people offering him 20 million per year.

Honestly that's a good deal for 2 or 3 years.

Top Bottom